test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What would YOU add to Star Trek Online

sirsitsalotsirsitsalot Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
Hypothetically speaking, if YOU were the one calling the shots, what systems and/or features would you add to STO? I'm not going to get on any soapboxes in this thread. My own thoughts on the matter are well documented elsewhere. Right now, I am interested in what other people have to say...

Cheers...
"There can be no meeting of the minds between two parties
if both parties are not willing to meet in the middle."
-Ambassador Samuel J. Stone
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    some version of personal housing, preferable in the form of customizable ship interiors. though I wouldn't say no to a custom station.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    Cardassian ground weapons, Romulan melee weapons, revamp new romulus to be more like ESD and First City, add facial hair options to romulans, sub factions TOS Klingons, DSC Klingons, TOS Romulans, PIC Romulans, Vorta for Dom, Terrans for Fed and Orion Syndicate for KDF, add Disco Andorians, Disco Tellerites and Disco Saurians, add a PIC Android mini faction like Romulans and the Dominion, put Lukari race in the zen store for Feds and the Kentari race in the zen store for KDF similarly to Caitians and Ferasans.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    bounty hunting, piracy, trading & mining (with an appropriate dynamic economy) and just as a more personal thing...the ability to visit Sagittarius A*, even if just for screenshot opportunities or event horizon diving​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    add Disco Andorians, Disco Tellerites and Disco Saurians...

I think they are planning on adding at least Andorians during the Year of Klingon. We already have Captain Shran and that one other Andorian in the Disco arc. Tellarites and Saurians are also likely.

As for me... couple small things honestly, like proper sounds for the Assault Phaser. The ones in game right now are just generic and not the canon sound. Another would be a few more canon ground weapons, like Enterprise era and maybe a TNG Type 2.
    But the BIGGEST thing for me... is the ever popular Pet Tab. Quality of Life update right there for collectors.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    actually, another thing i would add to STO - and star trek in general could use more of them too...more megastructures

so far the only one we have is a dyson sphere...how about we get some variety there, like a ringworld? halo does not have a monopoly on those

or maybe a matrioshka brain, a penrose sphere or even something unique to star trek​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Hypothetically speaking, if YOU were the one calling the shots, what systems and/or features would you add to STO? I'm not going to get on any soapboxes in this thread. My own thoughts on the matter are well documented elsewhere. Right now, I am interested in what other people have to say...

Cheers...

Well, pretty much see the entire message board for people's ideas. That's kind of what people have been posting for years :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,101 Arc User
    QA build testers <--- That would help in game content releases more than anything else... ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • victis#5061 victis Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Player housing would be great.
    I'd also like to see a trade in system for all of the tier 5 boxes we get.
    I've got at least 5 unopened on just one of my toons. A system where we that could make them account tradable and then accumulate say, 5-10 of them for a single tier 6 box would be awesome fan service.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Tellar Prime, DSC-Tellarites, Mud-pits for relaxation pig-4.gif.

Klingon Targ Handler kits, pet Targs, Targ breeding pig-46.gif.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • pattonj324pattonj324 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    My biggest "wants" are:

-Enterprise-E/Voyager's Red Alert Klaxon or even a list of alert klaxons to choose from.
    -Type-9 Shuttlecraft.
    -First Contact/Voyager's "Boomerang" Type-II Phaser (w/holstered graphic would be sweet too) (also if it functioned like the Romulan's Plasma Piercing Beam Rifle)
    -Those 3/3 Daily Explore missions that were removed years ago. Right there at the end, they were getting super buggy but they were fun.
    -Some kind of exploration content.
    -Different "warp out" sounds from different ships.

I could probably think of more but hose are the ones that come to my mind right away.
  • ussvaliant2#1952 ussvaliant2 Member Posts: 402 Arc User
    This was posted on reddit but some of those hairstyles would be pretty nice to have for some space barbie

v33z44kqvra51.jpg?width=1800&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=2b24a4766f1c858674300fa860e1f239c8c8f955

huvl8a4uvra51.jpg?width=1800&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=f4b53ab6e14678bbb52484efd3c563035a468803
    https://i.imgur.com/r6F7yxj.jpeg
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I'd like to see a user generated content system where people can make their own missions and anyone can play them.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Practical: More Space Monsters.

Less Practical:
    -Revamp Ship interiors with a customizable tile grid and monetize things like lighting systems, wall types, etc.(Borg Lighting/Assimilated walls from a future borg lockbox, etc.)
    -Further Develop the Admiralty Missions to be closer to something like NWN's old gateway helper minigame or vaguely like Darkest Dungeon where there are various "stages" to each mission that your ship flotilla can get bonus loot or longer maintenance time for success/failure rolls.

UIX/QoL Revisions:
    -Remove all food items and 'consumables' from drop tables. (Batteries/Hypos can already be crafted and it would open up a new market for crafters.) I straight up avoid loot on ground maps because there is simply too much inventory clutter(that is a pain to get rid of).
    -Re-implement the 'Sell Stack' button so it's less of a hassle to get rid of stacks of junk in the inventory.
    -Add a "Salvage" toggle button to the Inventory Window that lets you (mass)salvage items with a single click.
    -Improve the C-Store's ship inventory to be closer to the Ship Requisitions Screen by adding additional filters by Ship Type and Faction.
    -Change Hotbar abilities to be on MouseDown instead of MouseUp to improve activation responsiveness in hectic situations. (It's painfully common to miss an ability because you're sweeping your mouse across multiple buttons while clicking and it gets registered as a drag attempt instead of a click.)
    -Decouple consumable activation from all other actions for ground combat. It feels terrible to use a hypo and not have it apply immediately(unless you're doing absolutely nothing else at the time).
    working turbo lifts for KDF bridges.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    make the mass salvage selectable, like salvage anything below blue or purple.
    Pet Tab
    Backstory missions for your primary Boff, Elisa, Tovan, and it's Kgan for kdf, right?
    nothing epic, just a invitation from your first officer to visit home for x,y,z. maybe have something fun, like a family picnic devolve into a food fight, or maybe help your boff solve a long ago mystery.
    The ability to transfer the flag in space, we are, after all admirals and we should not have to schlep to Quo'nos to switch to a different ship that has already been fitted out.
    Spock.jpg

The ability to transfer the flag in space, we are, after all admirals and we should not have to schlep to Quo'nos to switch to a different ship that has already been fitted out.

that already exists - that's what the button under your list of commissioned boffs is for - it only shows in sector and non-queue system space, though​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    More cowbell!

Oh, and maybe ongoing parallel eras (ie Discovery era, TOS era) that don't jump to the 25th century. I'm sure it's a logistical nightmare.
    Melani D'ian as a NPC
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    Cardassia city map (adventure zone) in style of Bajor city (New Kentar is awesome, but we can visit in only one episode), idea for some quest there: You are invited to Cardassia Prime to negotiate a business deal with your faction, but post-war Cardassia is hotbed for crime groups. The meeting is assaulted (what a surprise in STO lol) and you are forced to escape through dangerous sewers full of mutated animals. Meanwhile your ship at orbit is attacked too, True Way is back with Orion syndicate support!

And some smaller things:
    Nemesis romulan uniforms
    Ship consumable device fix
    And of course allow beards for the Romulans :wink:
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    Count me in for a pet tab.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Real life C-store shuttle.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    Seriously though, I've arrived at the point where I hardly care about what is going to be added.

Cause whatever it is, it'll likely involve some event that needs to be played over and over again or some clicky system that you need to complete some random task for - over a period of months, if not years.

Which basically means more account management. That's what the game is nowadays. Something that needs to be managed and requires continuous attention.

The only thing I might still enjoy, would be an interesting new story arc, one with stories that don't deal with the Klingons.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.

The only thing I might still enjoy, would be an interesting new story arc, one with stories that don't deal with the Klingons.

don't worry once they add PIC content to the game there's going to be story arcs where you deal with the Romulans.
  • grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
    I would like to be able to land a starship on a planet or crash land one on a planet.
    Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    since the good serious ones are said already, I'll be silly.
    Tribble boff
    playable tribble
    playable Horta
    Medusan Boff (I Dare you to not name him Boxxey)
    A gaggle of reporters bugging an NPC randomly in social zones
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,405 Arc User
    I would like to be able to land a starship on a planet or crash land one on a planet.

Hmmm... An episodic mission that has us boarding another ship for some reason, it gets attcked and ends up crash-landing on a planet. The rest of the mission could involve survival and holding off enemies until Alliance reinforcements arrive to evacuate the survivors....

A new enemy unique to STO could be introduced this way. a faction that does not want to see the Alliance either live long or prosper...

We already have a faction that does not want to see the Alliance either live long or prosper: the Nah'Kul. Not sure about the Tholians. We already dealt with Noye, part of the Krenim.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Honestly what I'd want is more "alien" environments, I mean STO isn't limited on having to build a set so they should be able to do planets that would have more alien environments. from example a planet where all the surfaces you walk on are on stilts, they've essentially done this one already as well with ancient Iconia, or a planet where the playable spaces where in domes, with you needing tunnels or EV suits to go between said domes.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,405 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    As for me I want the pet tab as well as most of the other stuff that has been suggested. Other items such as fixing Tribble so more characters can be transferred to it especially new players and fixing in-game bug reporting systems on Tribble and Holodeck so it actually works and you can see your tickets in-game. I agree with having QA build testers or more of them which as far as I remember they are still looking for someone temporary unless that has been filled. Outside of the game, I would like accurate beginning dates and end dates of events, accurate and proofread patch notes with all fixes in them (no stealth fixes), an accurate calendar since it is not in-game anymore (one that is on the Arcgames Star Trek Online website), usage of the actual forums linking to pertinent dev posts on Twitter, Reddit, and Facebook by the community manager, proofreading of STO blogs, tweets, and other media, and finally an up-to-date and accurate game launcher. While I did play some missions involving the Foundry when it existed and most were fun, that ship has sailed for me.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
This discussion has been closed.