test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[HOUSE DIVIDED] "The Centre Cannot Hold" and "Khitomer Discord" Feedback and Discussion

Comments

• taris10005#5669 taris10005 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    The patrol versions are full of bugs. Weapons lag, rubberbanding, destroyed enemies reappearing, allied ship disappearing. Black tray rediculous cooldown times for abilities that seem to reset. i wonder if the devs actually employ game testers before releasing new content?
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    The patrol versions are full of bugs. Weapons lag, rubberbanding, destroyed enemies reappearing, allied ship disappearing. Black tray rediculous cooldown times for abilities that seem to reset. i wonder if the devs actually employ game testers before releasing new content?
    Its well known they often do not do the most basic of testing for new content. I have given up trying to play the new TFO and 3rd patrol due to the bugs. At least the 1st and 2nd patrol work ok bar the lag and rubberbanding.
  • rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Intresting little detail is that the flagship captain for your faction is the one doubting J'mpok's word here, Shon for fed, Koren for KDF. It does make a degree of sense that the captain you interact with the most goes "I know this person and they're no traitor something doesn't add up here".

on my jemmy kdf both koren and Shon sa wait a tick but Shon still shoots at me until i knock his enterprise down a peg or 2.

signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I played the second mission once, on a Jem-Hadar. It was quite a long slog and I didn't like it one bit when he was declared a traitor at the end. Though being J-H would make his loyalties questionable.

I've been doing the Patrols for my daily progress since then since they're a lot quicker to do. I haven't had any problems at all doing any of them, and I've done them all multiple times. Happy I haven't hit any bugs with them.

But yeah, me and my friend are very unhappy at what's going on right now. I can only say I hope the rest of this Year of Klingon ties the story up and gets rid of the real traitor-J'mpok.

And I think Martok should be Chancellor again, whether he wants it or not.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • dheffernandheffernan Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Cryptic needs to stop writing. I've said it before. They are constitutionally unable to tell good writing from bad writing.

Others have already recited the litany of offenses committed by these these stories, at least enough of them. No need for sadonecrobestiality.

Oh: a faction leader in a very bipolar alliance suddenly flips out and destroys a major civilian target? Gosh, in what world have we seen this kind of warcraft before?

*facepalm*
    @Venture-1. @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that. Yes, that Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. You'll have to be specific; for me it was Tuesday.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,110 Arc User
    dheffernan wrote: »
    Oh: a faction leader in a very bipolar alliance suddenly flips out and destroys a major civilian target? Gosh, in what world have we seen this kind of warcraft before?

*facepalm*
    Um, TNG and DS9 - It was a Cardassian hallmark and hell even Sisko himself took out a colony to spite ONE person.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    phubbykun wrote: »
    They are constitutionally unable to tell good writing from bad writing

Hey. Quarks Lucky Seven was good right?

Though I'm sure that they fired the staff who wrote that mission because they weren't financially feasible.
    That one was really good. Part of the problem is not just the story but how basic the gameplay has become. The new story missions pale in comparison to how well the older ones are designed. Almost all stories now are just tap F and move. There is no player choice, no variation on replay, no class difference. Everything that was good about the older missions designs has been removed.

Related to this for a while now I have been feeling a lot of the revamps are worse then the system the revamp replaced.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,494 Arc User
    I'm just going to assume J'mpok has been replaced by the Female Changeling. How else could this story make sense?

That is possible, or one of the alpha quadrant link since they have already been show to be totally unaware that they had a crazy changeling plotting nastiness in their midst before, perhaps there is another one playing the long game with the Klingons as their unwitting tool. For that matter J'mpok could be "bugged" with a bluegill or replaced by a an Undine still operating on old Iconian war orders, or a number of other things. Or he could just be crazy. I am curious which it turns out to be.

On a general note, the missions were good despite the flaws others have mentioned, though not up to bar set by the Melkot ones. There is an annoying bug at the end of the (unsuccessful) starbase defense sequence where the voice files seem to be switched between the Elachi and the woman who are the other two participants besides the pc in the three way communication stuff near the end so it ends up having to read one part of the dialog while another is being said vocally. I have only played it through once so I do not know if it is a static bug or some kind of intermittent problem.

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Before the latest patch, I was credited for 13 out of 15 civilians for Khitomer Discord.

After the patch, I was credited for 14 out of 15. Even though the counter showed that I got all 15 healed/transported.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,435 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    There is no player choice, no variation on replay, no class difference. Everything that was good about the older missions designs has been removed.
    Except 99% of older missions had none of those things either, and Cryptic still does those things just as (in)frequently, like in Measure of Morality.

Its the exact same, except Cryptic now has better VA, better cutscenes, better narrative development, and new tools to use like grapplehooks, and being able to take over other characters like Quark, or Neth Parr.

There is a smidge under 150 missions in this game. So if your 99% statement is true that means at MOST we have 2 old missions with player choice, replay variance or class differences in the missions. Well...we know that is COMPLETELY false no matter how you slice things, but becomes even more patently absurd depending on how we define old content. Before LoR? Before DR? Before new CBS show push? So yeah...way to lie for Cryptic there buddy.

I'm sorry...but better narrative? Says a white knight. MANY of us quite disagree with that OPINION. Yes you are of course allowed to have your own opinion and that can't be wrong...but neither are the opinions of those you are replying that says they new stuff is GARBAGE. And more tools...that they don't use. Great. Also while Quark's mission was actually quite good...the one with Neth Parr in my OPINION was also GARBAGE. Just because they use a new tool doesn't make the mission any good. Story first is what matters.

Just because you disagree with som and many times I do as well does not make them a white knight. I hate how that term gets thrown around and makes the gaming community very toxic as a result.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    That was 2500% not 2000%. And 2500% is possible as, the price of Insulin was raised 2500% after Weyland-Yutani bought the rights.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • dheffernandheffernan Member Posts: 93 Arc User

*facepalm*
    Um, TNG and DS9 - It was a Cardassian hallmark and hell even Sisko himself took out a colony to spite ONE person.

Sisko deployed a very slow-acting chemical weapon to drive the Maquis' people off a colony. Didn't actually kill anyone and the displaced colonists took the Cardassian colony Eddington had done the same thing to. (And while getting Eddington was a big part of his motivations, it wasn't the only reason -- he had to balance what Eddington had done to prevent the Cardassians from going to war.)

The Cardassians were never allied with the Federation at any point in the broadcast series, even during the rather brief period when the civilians displaced the Cardassian military junta.

@Venture-1. @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that. Yes, that Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. You'll have to be specific; for me it was Tuesday.
This discussion has been closed.