test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Personal Endeavor for killing a certain number of dreadnoughts

kargandarrkargandarr Member Posts: 56 Arc User
Recently, I was playing Star Trek Online and was trying to complete a personal endeavor. No matter which TFO chosen that had dreadnoughts in it, none of those dreadnoughts that I killed by myself or with help from others counted towards that total to complete it. This was done on the lowest setting for the type of TFO that can be used. This bug only allows for the dreadnoughts to be counted when on advanced or elite level of TFO. This bug is persistent and has happened to me before with other endeavors although randomly.

Comments

• Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    There's a lot of confusion out there about this, and a good chunk of the blame for it falls right on the developers. There are many ships, particularly Mo'Kai Klingons, that are named Dreadnought, but are not actually of Dreadnought class. You can only really tell if something is a Dreadnought class ship by looking at the target window and checking the rank marker below the ship name by hovering over it. Not everyone knows that, and they really wouldn't need to nearly as much if we didn't have so many "Dreadnoughts-in-name only" around.

I would suggest the Contested Zone and Undine Battlezone in the Dyson Sphere as alternatives for hunting Dreadnoughts for Endeavors. Both areas have seen renewed activity since Endeavors were introduced, so they roll over quite often. The Undine Battlezone is really good for them if you get crowds at capture points, because they'll spawn there if you're wiping out the smaller ships quickly. For TFOs, Hive Advanced is pretty good, too, or Elite if you have a few friends that you trust to be able to handle it.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    aoav160aoav160 Member Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Sometimes the Tac Cube in Khitomer Vortex counts and sometimes the V'gers do in Hive. I usually go for the Voth and Undine areas that anodynes mentioned.
  • Options
    casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Hive Onslaught - Advanced. There's a ton of dreadnoughts.

- Every Tactical Cube counts as a dreadnought
    - The Cucumber (Unimatrix) ships are counted as dreadnoughts (x2)
    - The Diamond ship is counted as a dreadnought

At least 5 guaranteed dreadnoughts. But I think you could get over 10 dreadnoughts down in a single mission by playing that. There is absolutely nothing comparative or competitive in terms of speed and efficiency to complete that endeavor.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    The Terran Battlezone also spawns a lot of dreadnoughts - the three-nacelle Galaxies count - especially in the "generator" zones.

Certain points in battlezones are definitely better for spawning dreadnoughts, especially when there are a few good DPSers at them. Romulan and Federation points in Undine BZ are definitely better than Klingon ones for it, largely because of the built-in time gates on them, which also applies to the generators in the Terran BZ. It gives the group there a chance to mow down a lot of enemy ships, which increases the chances for Dreadnoughts to spawn. At least that's how I assume it works, mow down a bunch of Frigates quickly and you get Cruisers and the like, mow down a bunch of those quickly and you get Battleships, mow down a bunch of those quickly and you get a Dreadnought.
    casualsto wrote: »
    Hive Onslaught - Advanced. There's a ton of dreadnoughts.

- Every Tactical Cube counts as a dreadnought
    - The Cucumber (Unimatrix) ships are counted as dreadnoughts (x2)
    - The Diamond ship is counted as a dreadnought

At least 5 guaranteed dreadnoughts. But I think you could get over 10 dreadnoughts down in a single mission by playing that. There is absolutely nothing comparative or competitive in terms of speed and efficiency to complete that endeavor.

I got 6, the number needed for the VR version of the kill Dreadnoughts Endeavor, in about 15 minutes using the BZ method this morning. If I queued public with randos, it would likely average a good 10 minutes for Hive Advanced, not including time waiting for it to pop (which admittedly wouldn't be very long) and time waiting for everyone to accept (which is probably only a minute, but feels like an eternity) so, yeah, still a bit slower, and it relies a lot on luck, but I would rather do the BZ method than the Hive method just about any day, even if it takes more than twice as long. I'm rarely in the mood for a Hive run.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.