test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Demolition team and stealth

fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
I am working on a pure stealth build. A build that is doing damage while stealthed. Now I have a question about demolition team. Demolition team is a trait you get when you complete the commando specialization. It seems not to work when your ship is stealthed. Is this working as intended?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    If it does damage it won't work while cloaked/stealthed as a rule of thumb, there's some special cases where you're allowed to use weapons while under cloak but those are limited to few ships IIRC.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I wonder if it will work with Malem enhanced battle cloak. Would be good for a mine layer build.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    I wonder if it will work with Malem enhanced battle cloak. Would be good for a mine layer build.

Generally if it doesn't say it allows weapon use while cloaked it doesn't. IIRC only the Scimitar line (via a set bonus) and one specific variant of the Klingon BoP allow weapon use from cloaked
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    As some people responded, it does not work with stealth. I used it with the B'Rel which have enhanced battle cloak. You can use science abillities with enhanced battle cloak and this was the reason I thought it could work with demolition team. As a matter of fact, if it would work you could make a fun-build, but it is also abit too good to be thrue.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,279 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    regular cloak doesn't work, battle cloak doesn't work, enhanced battle cloak doesn't work...the next logical SCIENCE! experiments to conduct are scimitar battle cloak (with and without the fire while cloaked console active) and pseudo-cloaks (things like intel team, mask energy signature and the 'stealth when no move' function of the PvPRep weapon set)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
This discussion has been closed.