test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[BUILD] D7 Miracle Worker Flight Deck Carrier T6

winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
Greetings, Admirals!

Welcome to Winters Budget Builds Series.

This series is intended to be a guide on how to effectively, efficiently and more importantly, build Starships on a “budget”. This is not intended to be a “min max” series by any means. The builds you will see here will show you how to create an effective build on a budget. Each video will cover all aspects of the build, Weapons, Equipment, Consoles, Skill Tree, Traits, Boff Abilities, Doffs, Specializations, etc. For each video I will also have the build replicated on STO Academy so that players can view the builds in detail and review them when needed. You can find this link in the description when viewing on YouTube.

Near the end of each video I will also demonstrate the builds in a Patrol so that viewers can see the build in action. I have chosen this over “Infected: The Conduit - Advanced” as the outcome of that TFO can be affected by the team that you are with. Whereas playing a patrol, you can see how the build performs in a single player environment. Every player, new and veteran, will find this series a valuable source of information. You may even learn something new!

If you have any requests for a particular ship that you would like to see, please leave a comment stating the request and “if” I have the ship, I will endeavor to do a video for that ship.

D7 Miracle Worker Flight Deck Carrier T6

Subscribe to channel: Winters Gaming
Twitter: @P1Winters83
Twitch Channel: Winters1983
Armada Website: www.priorityonearmada.com​​
Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
=/\= ========================================== =/\=
Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
=/\= ========================================== =/\=
Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    It seems wasteful not to make use of the MW abilities. Use the nausican 3-piece and mixed armaments.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    It seems wasteful not to make use of the MW abilities. Use the nausican 3-piece and mixed armaments.

Agreed, I wasn't going to comment because honestly.. this is the one Winters Build I just overall don't like.

The way it's built just neuters one of the most powerful ships in the game. Not using the Miracle Worker abilities is an odd choice. Instead of nit picking every slot, I'll just say I don't like pretty much anything about the bridge officer layout. Yeah, it's a usable build.. but again, it just makes this special ship into well.. just a typical beam boat and that's a shame.

I would include a link to how mine is set up, but my build isn't really the topic. I am glad you enjoy the ship, I'm just not a fan of this one. Miracle Worker powers are great, it's a shame not to use them on a full MW ship. :smile:

Insert witty signature line here.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    questerius wrote: »

Agreed, I wasn't going to comment because honestly.. this is the one Winters Build I just overall don't like.

The way it's built just neuters one of the most powerful ships in the game. Not using the Miracle Worker abilities is an odd choice. Instead of nit picking every slot, I'll just say I don't like pretty much anything about the bridge officer layout. Yeah, it's a usable build.. but again, it just makes this special ship into well.. just a typical beam boat and that's a shame.

I would include a link to how mine is set up, but my build isn't really the topic. I am glad you enjoy the ship, I'm just not a fan of this one. Miracle Worker powers are great, it's a shame not to use them on a full MW ship. :smile:
    Hm - won't echo what others have already said regarding neglecting MW powers but I will say that it seems silly not to use the Terran Reputation Distruptor beam array somewhere in the build. It's one of the best ship weapons in the game (Damage dealt by this weapon increases as target's hull decreases, up to 200% damage at 25% hull).

But beyond that, not going to comment on my build for this ship either beyond saying that I found that it lends itself better to cannons than it does beams. I find that despite being a cruiser it has a pretty good turn rate making cannons perfectly viable. As great as the Advanced beams are my experience is that it punches marginially harder with cannons. Ordinary (crafted ones) worked well, and the Spiral-Wave + Terran Reputation Cannon (the cannon version of the aforementioned beam array) work even better.

I run cannons on mine as well, and I agree with your assessment.
    Insert witty signature line here.