test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Debrune?

paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
Whatever happened to the Debrune, aside from having one of their outposts wiped out? These guys are literal Romulan offshoots and they have yet to appear on screen, STO literally has a race of Vulcanoids to do with whatever they want and yet they do nothing with this goldmine.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Whatever happened to the Debrune, aside from having one of their outposts wiped out? These guys are literal Romulan offshoots and they have yet to appear on screen, STO literally has a race of Vulcanoids to do with whatever they want and yet they do nothing with this goldmine.
    Where are those from, I've never heard of that species.

Also if it's from the EU material the lack of their presence is obvious, Cryptic doesn't have the rights to use them.
  • paradox#7391 paradox Member Posts: 1,774 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

Also if it's from the EU material the lack of their presence is obvious, Cryptic doesn't have the rights to use them.

They're mentioned in TNG episode Gambit
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    The Debrune were extinct before even ENT started. The outpost that was in TNG was a 2,000 year old ruin studied by the Federation.

Its true. Apparently it was from the 4th Century.
    https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Debrune
    There is literally NOTHING to work off of at all, and its pretty much assumed they're long gone. The next closest thing we have, is from the 2009 prequel comic stating that Nero's staff thing was of Debrune origin. However that comic is considered non-canon, and therefor anything it says about it doesn't apply.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

There are a number of Vulcanoid races in Star Trek, the Vulcans/Romulans are only one of them. In Return to Tomorrow the Arretans are another dead ancient Vulcanoid species like the Debrune, and TNG showed the Mintakans, yet another Vulcanoid people, this time still alive and at about a bronze age level of development. They don't seem to be quite as common as extra-terrestrial humans are but Vulcan is not the only place Vulcanoids come from.
This discussion has been closed.