test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new ways to unlock past anniversary rewards (ideas)

scion83scion83 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
i have some ideas on how to unlock old anniv rewards, i have unfortunately missed some of the rewards in the past and as a lifetime subscriber it would be nice if could unlock them in some way, or maybe a zen bundle or a token you can buy on the zen store that you could trade-in for one. but i think a better way is to make it part of the event rewards like the free T6 ship you could pick to unlock a old reward instead of the ship.
i think it would be good for new and old plays if there was away to get them hopefully im not the only one

p.s sorry if its hard to read im dyslexic
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Cryptic has come up with 2 ways already:

Mudd's Market in the C-Store, for specific ships, but you should wait for an 80% off sale. This is an account-wide unlock.

Phoenix Prize Pack epic token. The odds are something high like 1 in 500 - 1 in 1,000 but the Phoenix tech upgrades are the best ones (better than Superior) so you can get enough upgrades for gearing up multiple characters (or gear sets) at the same time. This is a single-character unlock.

I'm not against Cryptic doing something like selling the Phoenix epic token in Mudd's Market, but if the price is too high then you're better off opening the Phoenix prize packs instead to get all the upgrade tokens.
  • scion83scion83 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Cryptic has come up with 2 ways already:

Mudd's Market in the C-Store, for specific ships, but you should wait for an 80% off sale. This is an account-wide unlock.

Phoenix Prize Pack epic token. The odds are something high like 1 in 500 - 1 in 1,000 but the Phoenix tech upgrades are the best ones (better than Superior) so you can get enough upgrades for gearing up multiple characters (or gear sets) at the same time. This is a single-character unlock.

I'm not against Cryptic doing something like selling the Phoenix epic token in Mudd's Market, but if the price is too high then you're better off opening the Phoenix prize packs instead to get all the upgrade tokens.

yeah i know about the phoenix ones but there just for character im think more account unlocks
    but i didnt know you can find all the specific ship on mudd's market we have to take a look
  • navar#3536 navar Member Posts: 198 Arc User
    Has anyone seen the Verity variant ships for sale lately? I checked Mudd's, I did not see it being one of them.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Has anyone seen the Verity variant ships for sale lately? I checked Mudd's, I did not see it being one of them.

It's only been sold as part of the Legendary Pack.

So far, that pack has been offered twice on the PC and will likely be offered again fairly soon as it seems to be a money maker for Cryptic. It's unlikely however, that the Verity will be available by itself, so be prepared to fork out for the entire pack even if that's the only ship you want. :disappointed:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • navar#3536 navar Member Posts: 198 Arc User

So far, that pack has been offered twice on the PC and will likely be offered again fairly soon as it seems to be a money maker for Cryptic. It's unlikely however, that the Verity will be available by itself, so be prepared to fork out for the entire pack even if that's the only ship you want. :disappointed:

Can't say I didn't see that coming, but I'll be ready and thanks!

• alpharaider47#7707 alpharaider47 Member Posts: 171 Arc User

I eagerly await its return... I missed out on the last offering and was not aware of it the first time around :(
    sFfAcbR.jpg
    STO Beta Test and Launch Veteran
This discussion has been closed.