test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I cannot equip vaadwaur cluster torpedo MK X. I get "You do not meet the requirements for this item"

I cannot equip vaadwaur cluster torpedo MK X. I get "You do not meet the requirements for this item". However I am a Rear Admiral, Lower Half.
Please advise.

Comments

• pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    There are two versions of this item to further confuse matters. Although they have the same name the one you get on first playing the mission is not the same as the one you get on replaying the mission. One can be upgraded but not reengineered. The other can be reengineered but not upgraded. Both have different icons as well but name and states are all the same.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,992 Arc User
    It's worth noting that you need to be level 40 to equip a 'Mk X' item.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • roguepaladinroguepaladin Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I'm on a lvl 44 (FYI, that's 4 levels into Rear Admiral Lower Half) character and the vaadwaur cluster torpedo is MkVIII for me, but I still get this same error and can't find anything anywhere that explains what requirements I'm supposedly failing to meet. WTF?! And it's one of two items from this same episode chain giving me this same damn error, despite my character passing all the requirements showing in the item. Can SOMEONE explain to me WTF is going on?!
    Its still broken getting a 2nd one or more and they cannot be upgraded but the 1st one can be upgraded. None can be re-engineered amount the requirement problems. Then again the devs broke Tricobalt cooldowns years back and have ignored bug report after bug report. They are just unusable :(
    edited July 2020
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Its still broken getting a 2nd one or more and they cannot be upgraded but the 1st one can be upgraded. None can be re-engineered amount the requirement problems. Then again the devs broke Tricobalt cooldowns years back and have ignored bug report after bug report. They are just unusable :(

Whether they can or can't be re-engineered or upgraded is moot and irrelevant if they can't even be equipped at all in the first place... Just sayin'.
  • spyinblack1992spyinblack1992 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I thought it was a bug too, but its not. You need to be level 50 or 51 to equip that gear. I know it doesnt make sense since its Mk X.
    I hope this helps.
    I thought it was a bug too, but its not. You need to be level 50 or 51 to equip that gear. I know it doesnt make sense since its Mk X.
    I hope this helps.
    That definitely helps. And yeah, makes no f'ing sense whatsoever. I'll test this to confirm and update :)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    When the Mission first came out it awarded a Mk XIII Rare Cluster on the first play. Within a couple of months they changed that first reward to Mk XIII Very Rare. Then subsequent plays awarded the Mk XII Rare. However, if you had run the Mission when it first came out and got the XIII Rare you could not get the XIII VR. You could only Upgrade.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    edited July 2020
    ltminns wrote: »
    When the Mission first came out it awarded a Mk XIII Rare Cluster on the first play. Within a couple of months they changed that first reward to Mk XIII Very Rare. Then subsequent plays awarded the Mk XII Rare. However, if you had run the Mission when it first came out and got the XIII Rare you could not get the XIII VR. You could only Upgrade.
    I still don't understand why they set it up so the subsequent plays provided a Mk XII Rare cluster that could not be upgraded. Only the first run can be upgraded. I really wanted to fit 3 of them. At some point the icon of the weapon changed as well but not on all versions. I have 2 clusters that look different! Total mess.
    ltminns wrote: »

I didn't get a Mk XIII or a Mk XII. I got a Mk VIII. I still can't equip it.