test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Possible Solution: Game Crashing @ Cryptic Loadscreen

Ok, I'm listing this a POSSIBLE Solution because this is what worked for me. But if you are having the issue where you're game just sit's at the Cryptic Load screen with the blue ring of death, then eventually crashes see if this works for you.

Some quick background: When I was having this issue, I had tried running the game in safe mode, force verify, uninstalling arc, uninstalling and reinstalling the game, running in admin, nothing worked. Finally I noticed that the CrashReporter would tend to hang or freeze when this happened also. The CrashReporter is the small window that pops up to give you your code when your game has crashed and asks you if you want to restart the game.

MY solution: So I wanted to investigate this more, so what I did was open up my STO game directory (Program Files x86 >Star Trek Online_en) Then I opened the CrashReporter itself without opening STO. Once you do this you might get a pop up window asking if you want to Allow this program access, click yes. At this point you can just close CrashReporter, you are done. Now with your STO directory open, run the Star Trek Online application direct from the folder. Now keep in mind I do this having already uninstalled the ARC launcher from my computer. But when you launch the game you should only have to input your account info then launch the game. I have not had an issue with the game loading since I've done this so I hope this helps someone out there. Good luck!

Comments

• fourbearstandingfourbearstanding Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    HI i am have problem when launching the game it crashes on me this both with steam and arc methods of launching the game the Error message is the follow we're ! Something has gone wrong. Crash processing complete Incident ID for customer service at support. arc games .com 171570
  • kenlbenkenlben Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    HI i am have problem when launching the game it crashes on me this both with steam and arc methods of launching the game the Error message is the follow we're ! Something has gone wrong. Crash processing complete Incident ID for customer service at support. arc games .com 171570

Only difference for me is the number 1d0993
  • wygrathwygrath Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Tried this. Didn't work. This sucks. It was working fine a few hours ago.
  • krwolcottkrwolcott Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I have a similar problem occasionally whenever they patch the game.

I can resolve the issue usually by rebooting or running CCleaner.

Rarely, I need to delete everything from my Cryptic folder except the StarTrekOnline.exe file and let it patch from scratch. This is a bother and means I can't play that night, which also means a lost day in whatever event they have running. And it doesn't always work.

The other day, I had the issue again, but it was related to my Windows virtual memory. I have 24 GB of physical memory, but STO crashed on startup because it couldn't allocate an additional 5.5 GB on my HDD page file. This is likely an engine bug, and not something the STO devs can address by themselves. But it also implies the other crashes not memory related might be buried deep in some resource management code, rather than being an issue with the players' systems.