test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

KDF characters: Come and get your FREE stuff while it lasts!

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
Note 1: apparently only a KDF character can claim the elite service items.

Note 2: this is NOT a contest. You don't have to "win". All you have to do is claim a code (before they run out):

https://na.alienwarearena.com/ucf/show/2137260/boards/contest-and-giveaways-global/Giveaway/star-trek-online-otherworldly-game-pack-key-giveaway

Star Trek: Online Otherworldly Game Pack Key Giveaway
Unlock the Otherworldly Pack and Exclusive Title!

To celebrate the new House Divided update to Star Trek: Online, we're giving away The Otherworldly Pack ($15 USD Value) while supplies last! House Divided, the new major update for Star Trek Online, will thrust players forward in time to the early 25th century where the fate of the Klingon Empire hangs in the balance.

The Otherworldly Pack includes:

Exclusive Title: Otherworldly

Klingon Miracle Worker Bridge Officer (Unlocks for the account. Additional copies can be found in the Bridge Officers Tab in the Personnel Tab of the Zen Store)

Elite Services Starter Pack (Granted only upon initial claim of the product)

36 Inventory Slots

36 Bank Slots

2 Bridge Officer Slots

3 Retrain Tokens

*Each code is single-use and the rewards can only be claimed once per account. PC only.

Even if you are a long time player, all those free inventory and bank slots are pretty sweet.

After you get your key, redeem it here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/redeem

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    > @spielman1 said:
    > I did it all and guess what nothing but the titale talk about a rip off no expantions no officer nothing at all but the title.

Apparently only a KDF character can claim the elite service items. I will update the OP to make that clear.

That said, no you did not get "ripped off" by this free thing that cost you nothing.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Thanks for the heads-up about this, TheGrandNagus1. Jumped through the hoops. Plenty of codes left. The site seem hung up on actually issuing the code. Just says 'Loading..." in their upper right. Just letting it stay there until it decides to finish. /shrug

Edited to add: I had to go into my Alienware account to find the code history I had been assigned. I copied it from there. It was good.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,501 Arc User
    They also have one for Neverwinter if you are like me and play all three games (though apparently not one for Champions Online at the moment).
  • kikskenkiksken Member Posts: 664 Arc User
    Thank you, sir.
    Klingons don't get drunk.
    They just get less sober.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,501 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    spielman1 wrote: »
    > @spielman1 said:
    > I did it all and guess what nothing but the titale talk about a rip off no expantions no officer nothing at all but the title.

Apparently only a KDF character can claim the elite service items. I will update the OP to make that clear.

That said, no you did not get "ripped off" by this free thing that cost you nothing.

Guess what checked my Klingon Character and nothing happened there except got the title and that was it no nothing after that.

The STO claim system is very weird, and does not have safeties built in to keep the wrong faction from claiming something they cannot get. I got a bit paranoid and checked the Klingon boff that is in the package and found it was KDF only (I looked it up from one of my Fed characters and it said "you do not meet the requirements" even though the promo package did not have any such warning), so I claimed it on my newest Orion and it worked flawlessly.

It is surprising that the box with the inventory and bank expansions did not come through for you though, they normally are not faction locked as far as I know of. Could you be at maximum inventory and bank size?
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Thanks to Cryptic for some freebies, Alienware for handing them out, & tGN1 for being our forum crier of sorts.
  • szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    Thanks for the headsup; I was starting to wonder if they were even going to do any giveaways beyond the 20th anniversary one for this release.
    > @spielman1 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Guess what checked my Klingon Character and nothing happened there except got the title and that was it no nothing after that.

I'll be honest; after you said you got "ripped off" by this free give away I'm not inclined to even give you any suggestions.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Thanks, just got one for my son's account... already have those for my own :smiley:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    1g9uUE1.jpg
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Are you maxed out on the Bank and Inventory slots or near enough that this will throw you over max? Promotions Tab.

I picked up the Neverwinter Giveaway also in addition to the Cryptic 20th Anniversary stuff. My Characters there had not been played since late 2013.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • theantisainttheantisaint Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    Sehr gut, danke.
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    thanks for the heads up.

I got 2 boxes that went to the inventory that has the stuff. So it doesn't happen until you open these boxes.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Thanks for the heads-up! I get emails from Alienware, but I saw your post before I got the email this time. Sometimes the keys are gone before I get the emails, lol...

CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    I have the code and redeemed it. Where do you claim the pack?
  • captainkoltarcaptainkoltar Member Posts: 895 Arc User
    Check the Promotions tab of the C-Store.
    > @spielman1 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Guess what checked my Klingon Character and nothing happened there except got the title and that was it no nothing after that.

I'll be honest; after you said you got "ripped off" by this free give away I'm not inclined to even give you any suggestions.

if something doesn't work right free or not it is generally a rip off in my book that simple think what you want but how it is for me.

Whatever buddy. Good luck with your support ticket!

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    thanks for the heads up. the slots found a nice home with with a new character.

it is a bit of a shame the boff's customization is so limited though.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • arabaturarabatur Member Posts: 408 Arc User
    Worked as advertised, kudos! Now to remove Arc.
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Thanks, just got one for my son's account... already have those for my own :smiley:
    arabatur wrote: »
    Worked as advertised, kudos! Now to remove Arc.

I used the web page, so i dont have to install another launcher...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    You don't need Arc to Redeem the code. See the URL in the original post. I always use that to redeem.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    > @spielman1 said:
    > (Quote)
    >

if something doesn't work right free or not it is generally a rip off in my book that simple think what you want but how it is for me.

A ripoff implies that you paid for something you didn't get. Since this is free, it isn't a ripoff.

Thank you, nagus. I got it for my baby Klingon Delta Recruit who needed some more spaces. The BOFF was just gravy.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • lnbladelnblade Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Awesome. Thanks for the heads up, Nagus.
This discussion has been closed.