test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Redone MW multi mission sci vessel (Legendary Intrepid) build 3 X-ship edit

vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
edited October 2020 in The Shipyard
here is the build, https://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/6c21dea5efec5445a22af1dbb6299ad3
Added the second Uni console (Particle generator, swapped Temporal vortex for Constriction Anchor EPG resting 526 control 350

comments and tweaks welcome
Spock.jpg

Post edited by vetteguy904 on

Comments

• Options
    TY. I'm not in a fleet so fleet gear is not in the future for any build, so I think I'm probably getting to where it can be without. I need to find equipment to boost control and drain w/o sacrificing the epg any further
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Well I'd question the value of the phaser consoles. Those are spots for uni consoles since your ship only has 2 phaser beams, and more torpedoes than phasers at that.

You need to consider the retrofitted assimilator from the borg lockbox though its going to get a lot more expensive very quickly now that there is a new box, and last I checked was already very expensive, so it may be out of your price range. There are also a couple of uni consoles in the legendary pack, I think on the Glenn and the Kelvin Connie that can give you a bit more EPG/Ctrl.

I'd also question the use of the quantum phase set, as it is a drain focused set, and is really good in a drain boat, but not so valuable in an EPG/Ctrl boat.

Now personally I hate the epilepsy beam, and I'd very quickly trade it out for something else, at the very least a photonic officer, or possibly very cold in space. I also don't see a lot of value in FAW on an aux boat. Overload would be better to make the most of your meager beam damage if you can't afford kemocite laced weaponry which of course has 100% proc rate with torpedoes. You might also consider using APB and TS1 instead on one of the tacs, to make use of the Terran machinations trait.

Also if you have it, improved gravity well is a great trait for this kind of build, but presumably you don't.
  • Options
    I do not have improved yet working toward it. I understand there is the drain element to the quantum beam but there is also an EPG based electrical dot> need to do some testing to see how much damage the QSB is doing. freeing up 3 weapon slots and a console slot is not a terrible idea, if I can replace the beam with another hard hitting EPG power. I think the Chronometric Calculations Setwould be good with polaron weapons, maybe., but the set seems meh
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    The Chronometric Calculations set seems very good.

It's almost as if its tactical console was made for a science role with 20% each polaron and torpedo damage along with +30 EPG, with the 2 piece bonus giving more auxiliary power and 3 piece being a damage boost clicky that includes exotic and scales with aux power.

The polaron boost would go well with your 3 piece Delta Alliance Ordance set and would likely be the only tactical console you really need.

The vast majority of a sci/epg/torp build's damage comes from epg related powers and torpedos (and proc'ing your secondary deflector as well) so consoles boosting those things versus tactical energy consoles would likely be the way to go.

I really like the Quantum Phase torpedo myself, but it doesn't seem to integrate into the build as easily as other things.

It might be possible to do something with the Lorca's Ambition set using the Dark Matter torp though.

Also a Conductive RCS [Cx] or an assimilated module in an extra engineering slot would help get your Control X up.
    Post edited by protoneous on
  • Options
    The Chronometric set is ideally geared for a hybrid type of science ship that uses both weapon and aux power, and leans toward weapon power, but at a minimum, the console does give a major boost to EPG in a tactical slot, and the two piece is more aux power, which you can probably use. The three piece is a forgettable damage boost, but if you can spare 2 weapon slots in addition to the console, why not?

The quantum phase beam doesn't have any EPG component, though, unless you mean the 3 piece set power? Since you can only use it once every 2 minutes, and it only targets a single enemy, I wouldn't put any serious consideration into that. Also while it does scale with EPG, it does phaser damage which means its isn't bypassing shields, unlike all your other EPG damage sources. And to get the most of it, you do have to be facing an enemy for 10s, which is an eternity in this game.
  • Options
    You've gone to the trouble of guilding some very nice epg and control x science consoles, a superb re-engineered science deflector, and already have the 2 pc adapted MACO , 3 pc Delta Ordance set, and gravimetric torpedo.

Working with what you have and adding a Particle Emission Plasma Torpedo (boosted by your epg), the Chronometric Calculations set, and a Delphic Tear console for exotic boost and nice clicky, you would have a similarly themed 3 torpedo 2 beam array + omni ship that does quite nicely.

Something like THIS with the borg assimilated module taking the place of your future retrofitted assimilator. There's some other small changes as well which are more a matter of personal taste.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    OK so I am going to lose the quantum phase gear, the trilithium omni. I want to go 3 pc chronometric, but I can't see the value of the torpedo and i cannot put the omni on because I already have a set omni (stupid tribbling rules). so i only get the aux bonus, at the cost of -36 drain, and the rather impressive shield drain a maxed quantum phase torpedo brings. Maybe if i still have an aft slot I'll put it there, or put the PEP or gravimetric there. I like the idea of having a bigger punch torpedo aft than the neutronic. Something I have not found is where do I stop worrying about EPG and start thinking more drain and CtrlX? I will be picking up 35 EPG from the chrono console, and I think I read that if I can score a weyoun boff he adds another 10. maybe lose a particle gen and put in amother graviton? that should get the CtrlX to 315-20ish and maybe losing a point or 2 EPG, and I should still have an open eng slot for a console, and if not a polaron tac console, then there would be a nother, but I think the polaron console is the best option.

Edit- I decided to buy Weyoun. he does indeed boost EPG by 10 AND drain as well.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    If you're going to lose the trilithium omni wouldn't it make room for and allow equipping the chronometric set omni?

The value of the PEP torpedo is that it is boosted by your EPG stat so that your targets can get a good soak with shield bypassing plasma cloud damage whilst contained by a gravity well.

One of the advantages of the Neutronic torp set 3 pc (Delta Alliance Ordnance Set) is the iso-kinetic cannon which is also boosted by EPG and can hit quite hard.

A lot of major science skills are forward facing which is why the hardest hitting exotic torpedo's are forward facing (Gravimetric & PEP) that again are boosted by EPG (control x as well for the Gravimetric).

Not sure if a polaron tac console is the best choice as it's buffing nothing that really gives you much in the way of damage aside from a couple of polaron beam arrays and an omni that are mainly there for set bonuses and not otherwise buffed by a bridge officer ability. The focus of this particular build is not energy weapon damage. Take a look at some of Westmetal's console choices in post #2 of this thread... they are all mainly about boosting exotic damage (i.e. Delphic Tear, Constriction Anchor). Exotic & (exotic) torpedo damage are the mainstays of this particular build, as well as proc'ing your secondary deflector.

One part of the balance between EPG, Control, and Drain X is usually you end up having to focus on just two of them via your science consoles. EPG = more damage, Cx = a larger radius for your gravity wells up to 400 Cx.

If you think you'd like to go the restorative particle focuser route drop me a note in-game (@Protoneous) and you can grab some.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    yep it did. here is the new build
    https://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/c7bff833c548643bc49003f62d072db9

grav ac/dm crth x4
    adv thoron inf polarom sc/dm acc crth dmg2
    PEP ac/dm CrtDx2 Crthx3
    Neutronic Crtd Crth DMG
    Chrono omni ac/dm acc arc dmg x2
    Chrono beam ac/dm drtd dmgx3
    Bajor def srtlx/epg ctrlx epgx3 42.5 epg 53.1 ctrl 31.9 drain
    inhibitiing crtlx/drainx Ctrlx2 epg sa+dmg 15.9 epg 41.8 ctrl 10.6 drain
    AMACO Imp
    Temporal Def warp AMP +5 max aux 7.5% A>W 42.5 warp core eff
    Temp def Capx3 resall 31.9 drain
    RMC Koby Delta beacon
    Temporal datacore 26.3 epg 26.3 ctrl 52.5 phys dam res 35 kinet res
    temp vortex 19% exot dmg 34% turn rate
    retrofitted assimilator 30 epg 30 ctrl
    assim mod 30.1 ctrl +5 weap pwr 12.1% crit sev 1.2% crit
    bio neural gel pac delta ops - iso
    exotic part field exciter res a 39 .4 epg 39.4 res PHA DIS PLA TET
    bellum part gen 39.4 epg 1.6 crit
    mycelium ambush 50 sci ready (CD) 14.3 EPG Ctrl Drain
    grav gen 39.4 ctrl
    grav gen 39.4 ctrl
    polaron phase 39.4 polaron weapon dmg
    chronometric cap 26.3 pol dmg 3.5 wep pwr 39.4 EPG 26.2 Torp dmg
    tac flyers

temp vort. 19% exotic good is there something better? damage is radiation not exotic

adv thoron beam, netronic torp gel pac delta ops 3/3
    2/3 +13.8% Radiation Damage
    +20% Cooldown Reduction to Neutronic Torpedo
    3/3 Isokinetic Cannon

shield warp temp def init 2/4
    2/4 25% all dot and hazard
    3/4 20 ctrl 20 drain

chrono beam chrono cap chrono omni 3/4 chrono calcs
    2/4 +3.6 Auxiliary Power Setting
    +3.8 Auxiliary Power Setting (Bonus Increase at low power)

3/4 2 min Recharge
    8% Exotic Damage for 15 Seconds (scales with weapons power: +32.5% at 125)
    8% Energy Weapon Damage for 15 Seconds (scales with auxiliary power: +32.5% at 125)

Cliffs sacrificed about 50 pts EPG to a massive ctrl and drain increase.
    If I can find another console that can get ctrl and epg some more oomph I'll lose the polaron console. I'd love to get ctrl to 400 and epg back above 425. I could probably tinker with mods and dump drain, but the drain is boosting any polaron procs, no? one of my concerns with losing the quantum phase is that the torpedo stripped shields some. I'd also look at something the really boosted radiation since the neutronic and vortex are both radiation weapons.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    Drain doesn't help you at all with your new setup, aside from the tachyon beam, which you can easily swap out, and defensively of course. I wouldn't hold that against the temporal shields, though, as you still want them for the 2 piece bonus.

You can also easily put the mycelium ambush console into your tactical slot where the polaron console is, and use the science slot for a regular EPG console.

I'm not sure why you want the adapted MACO engines, and as you aren't using them to make a set, you could just as easily use the delta rep engines which are a big boost to ctrl.

Also, regarding radiation damage, there are two types. Typically radiation damage from console clickies or BOFF powers is directly boosted by exotic damage, while radiation damage on bona fide weapons is actually boosted by the handful of direct radiation damage boosts in the game, like the one undine rep console, but there are generally not enough radiation effects in weapons to care about it for that purpose.
  • Options
    You can also easily put the mycelium ambush console into your tactical slot where the polaron console is, and use the science slot for a regular EPG console.
    +1 ...using the science slot for a science console on a science ship is a great idea.

Also for an Inhibiting Secondary Deflector tachyon beam won't proc it. Perhaps go back to what you were using in place of it before or swap it for Science Team 1 and Charged Particle Burst in place of Science Team 2. Whatever you fancy and works well for your play style and is on the list of abilities that proc your secdef in the link.
    one of my concerns with losing the quantum phase is that the torpedo stripped shields some
    A lot (most?) of the damage you're dealing bypasses shields.

The 3 piece Temporal Space Set gives +20 each control and drain for 10 seconds when used with a 'team' boff ability.

With two very rare projectile cool down active duty doffs you may not really need the second copy of torpedo spread 2.
  • Options
    yep the A maco is scheduled to go back to the cruiser they came from just have to grind the marks for the temporal impulse

I don't think EPG is boosting the neutronic or the vortex.. maybe the counter command console? I think i read that will boost that type.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2020
    She flew very well in the new tfo, but I need more go go to chase down the transports under fire. maybe instead of the temp engine the competitive?
    I can certainly re engineer some of the gear to get rid of drain and add EPG/control. realistically where are the numbers i want to be at? did i read correctly control caps @ 400?

ok couple more tweaks dropped drain from the sec def, temporal engines in place dropped boronite weaponry console in the polaron slot and replaced a grav gen with EPG.
    EPG is 487
    ctrl is 351
    Drain still at 198
    with the TT ST ET buff from the tep 3 pc, EPG stays the same CTRL jumps to 371 Drain to 218
    with Sci fleet, ctrl is 391, drain 238 add the temp it's 411 / 258, but that max is only doable once every 5 minutes.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    See foxrockssocks post above for a good explanation of the two types of radiation damage. Would have to agree the CC console is not worth slotting.

If you're using 2 copies of torpedo spread 2 you don't need the the projectile weapons officer active duty doffs and perhaps for some maps you could use a couple of damage control engineers and slot emergency power to engines along with another EPtX with the emergency conn officer doff to reset evasive maneuvers. You certainly could use competitive engines as well at times and still keep the Temporal 2 pc. I like the trajectory jump on the temporal warp core.

Yes, Control X does max out the radius of a gravity well at 400. With your current balance of 487 epg / 351 + control x you are certainly very close to max radius. It's epg that increases your damage. I'd say you're doing very well where you're at.

Psychological warfare is a space trait you might want to check out that works well.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    I have amsoti. she is also the doff you need to craft field exciters. I think I paid 2M for her. I have the datacore in the universal slot, 26.3 epg 26.3 ctrl 52.5 phys dam res 35 kinetic res I don't think I want to lose that in favor of an EPG, simply because of the damage resists. I could lose the assimilated console, and lose the crit bump and move mycelial ambush there, Ctrl will drop to 321. I'm very pleased with the temporal 3pc. since I slot all three teams I can just make sure there is a rotation so the boost is always up or at least up prior to dropping GW SV or the epilepsy beam.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2020
    well, I did some parsing, and actually underwhelmed by the numbers even though I am happy with the performance..

run 1 starbase 234

Log-Time: 0:51 Minutes (51 Seconds)
    Fight-Time: 0:51 Minutes (51 Seconds)

Damage: 578,621 (11,345.51 /s)
    Hull: 434,696 (8,523.44 /s) [75.13%]
    Shield: 143,925 (2,822.06 /s) [24.87%]

Max. One-Hit: 39,064 (Drummond)

Heal: 70,085 (1,374.22 /s)
    Hull Heal: 25,140 (492.94 /s) [35.87%]
    Shield Heal: 44,945 (881.28 /s) [64.13%]

Run 2 SB 234

Log-Time: 3:48 Minutes (228 Seconds)
    Fight-Time: 3:48 Minutes (228 Seconds)

Damage: 2,811,767 (12,332.31 /s)
    Hull: 1,792,948 (7,863.81 /s) [63.77%]
    Shield: 1,018,819 (4,468.50 /s) [36.23%]

Max. One-Hit: 40,635 (Drummond)

Heal: 99,602 (436.85 /s)
    Hull Heal: 44,026 (193.10 /s) [44.20%]
    Shield Heal: 55,577 (243.76 /s) [55.80%]

Run 3 Argala

Log-Time: 3:48 Minutes (228 Seconds)
    Fight-Time: 3:47 Minutes (227 Seconds)

Damage: 4,900,689 (21,588.94 /s)
    Hull: 2,857,078 (12,586.25 /s) [58.30%]
    Shield: 2,043,610 (9,002.69 /s) [41.70%]

Max. One-Hit: 48,228 (Drummond)

Heal: 10,827 (47.69 /s)
    Hull Heal: 3,387 (14.92 /s) [31.28%]
    Shield Heal: 7,440 (32.78 /s) [68.72%]

All of these runs I did not use photonic fleet, nor the science team buff, just the clickys and buffs that have recharges under 2 minutes. I am not sure of the variances, might be trying to figure a good rotation and just learning to fly the Intrepid.
    Spock.jpg