test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Asking for advice on T6 Recon Destroyer

devencombsdevencombs Member Posts: 222 Arc User
I recently acquired a T6 Recon Destroyer for my Tac Delta Captain. I like the way it can be outfitted as a tactical/science vessel. I've been experimenting with giving it some offensive science abilities and I have narrowed it down to one of two skills: control expertise or drain expertise.

I currently have the ship outfitted for control expertise with Gravity Well 1, Photonic Shockwave 1, and Tractor Beam Repulsors 1. The other science abilities are defensive: Transfer Shield Strength, Science Team, and Hazard Emitters. My weapons are all phasers and quantum torps. I have the 3 piece Quantum Phase Catalyst set and the 4 piece Tzenkethi space set.

If I were to convert to drain expertise, I would go for Tachyon Beam, Charged Particle Burst, and Scramble Sensors as offensive science abilities, and I would change my energy weapons to tetryons. Of course that means that I wouldn't get the extra damage from the Quantum Phase set.

Going one way or the other would kind of require me to retrain my captain skills since drain and control are separate skill points, and I would rather specialize in one thing than just be a jack of all trades, but master of none. So which science skill, in your opinion, is more useful for a Tac captain, drain or control? Are my choices for science abilities effective, or is there a better combo? Am I using the most efficient space set, or should I grind out something else?

I'm always open to advice on how to improve. Thanks for any suggestions to be offered.

Comments

• devencombsdevencombs Member Posts: 222 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Control...control is WAY better than drain.

Delayed overload cascade is good as well...but you will want two of these...even with heavy CD reduction unless you can somehow get a massive 75% reduction in 15 seconds.

Hmm, that looks interesting. Could I use that in combo with GW 1? Activate GW to pull everyone in and then hit 'em with cascade when they're all together.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    if I were going science I would go polaron and get the delta alliance 3 pc for the Iso cannon, temporal 3 pc eng shield warp core, re engineered bajor deflector if you have access to 2 copies of CoC, i would go HE1, ST2, GW1, DoC1, TS2, Doc3
    not sure what to slot in the second eng console, (one being the gel pack, assuming iso cannon). maybe the retor assim console? or the temporally shielded datacore? with weapons, since you would want 2 torpedoes, (assuming iso cannon) I'd probably go TS3, either BO2 or APB, and TT on the Lcdr tac seat. that way you can bring weapon power down an aux up, and not lose that much of a punch with the TS being the heavy hitter with the gravimetric torpedo.
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    edited August 2020
    devencombs wrote: »
    Control...control is WAY better than drain.

Delayed overload cascade is good as well...but you will want two of these...even with heavy CD reduction unless you can somehow get a massive 75% reduction in 15 seconds.

Hmm, that looks interesting. Could I use that in combo with GW 1? Activate GW to pull everyone in and then hit 'em with cascade when they're all together.

That's the plan. I also use TS with grav torps for even more clumping fun. Also TS can be used to reduce science cooldown by 30% with one trait...which is enough for 2 copies of DoC to be run on global. Using those every 15 seconds makes them great to use with things that proc on science abilities. Yeah I make tact/sci hybrids a lot.

which trait? and will it stack with AHOD?

and speaking of traits, anchored from the glenn I think it is will add rediation damage to the GW
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine