What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Curious about massive lag issues...

2»

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    leemwatson wrote: »
    I personally blame the Brits. They always hog the bandwidth

bigger bandwidth hogs would be america, who voted net neutrality out on a federal level, and since america is significantly bigger than great britain, that means more hogs per capita​​

Actually, some truth in this. As a UK player, you'd expect that lag would be very evident here. I play both the PC and XB1 versions and lag is RARELY an issue, rubberbanding is RARE. I see far worse on Phantasy Star Online 2 than STO.

It used to be really bad when Cogent was the antagonist on Cryptic's issues, and whilst I get the elevated ping at Akamai, it's not game-breaking, and rarely noticable. I'd say it's a good part the US's infrastructure and lack of net neutrality that's contributing to the issues.

I'd say it's a good part the US's infrastructure and lack of net neutrality that's contributing to the issues.

Our infrastructure is increasingly worrisome on multiple facets & our internet technology compared to other countries is becoming a bit lackluster, but we still have our pride, I'm sure he'll tweet another thought gem today sometime, so oink lol

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    I agree with the infrastructure not necessarily the lack of neutrality part but let's not get political. I don't like it either to tell you the truth about the lag, disconnects (thankfully for me it is not everyday), and rubberbanding.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • realastheearthrealastheearth Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    leemwatson wrote: »
    I personally blame the Brits. They always hog the bandwidth

bigger bandwidth hogs would be america, who voted net neutrality out on a federal level, and since america is significantly bigger than great britain, that means more hogs per capita​​

Actually, some truth in this. As a UK player, you'd expect that lag would be very evident here. I play both the PC and XB1 versions and lag is RARELY an issue, rubberbanding is RARE. I see far worse on Phantasy Star Online 2 than STO.

It used to be really bad when Cogent was the antagonist on Cryptic's issues, and whilst I get the elevated ping at Akamai, it's not game-breaking, and rarely noticable. I'd say it's a good part the US's infrastructure and lack of net neutrality that's contributing to the issues.

I'd say it's a good part the US's infrastructure and lack of net neutrality that's contributing to the issues.

Our infrastructure is increasingly worrisome on multiple facets & our internet technology compared to other countries is becoming a bit lackluster, but we still have our pride, I'm sure he'll tweet another thought gem today sometime, so oink lol

This discussion has been closed.