test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Events Ending & Overlapping Maintenance

Further to the issue in the "WEEK LONG DILITHIUM EVENT" thread, today there is longer than usual maintenance, completely overlapping the end of the Kobayashi/Sompek three week-event.

As was commented on by a fleetie earlier, "sucks if you still have it on cooldown".

Whilst these longer events (e.g. Summer/Winter events, 21-day events) can be expected to end at maintenance, the fact that the event tab itself states that it will end at a specific time (6pm my time), infers that the event would have continued to be available after maintenance, if maintenance ends earlier than that (scheduled today to end at 7.30pm my time).

Throw in the earlier than normal start time for maintenance, and yet again, you are going to have people feeling a bit burned by this today.

With maintenance, the specific time being given in the event tab is useless if not also misleading.

Add-in the now missing calendar to this mix, and frankly it feels as though there is a wilful attempt to TRIBBLE players over at the back-end of the event, by making it impossible to know when it will end - and make it more likely that you will be burned at the back end of the event.

It is appreciated that maintenance can and will vary with the time it takes. But you need to be better communicators. If you are going to advise a specific end time on the longer events, and that is likely to clash with maintenance, can't you add that proviso to the event?

Consider your newer and more casual players, and those people who are just useless with times/dates.

"End time stated subject to maintenance". That's all you have to add, to forewarn people, that with cooldowns and time zones, they may not have the last day of the event available to them.
NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
Website
Discord
I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela

Comments

• Options
    ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    As an addendum to the above, I did note that as maintenance ended earlier than anticipated, that the event was still running afterwards and did not end until its scheduled end time.

As the likes of those players who responded in the aforementioned "WEEK LONG DILITHIUM EVENT" thread would have assumed that the event disappeared with the maintenance - and even I thought that that maintenance would have ended the three-week event (but without the 'assume' part), whilst others would have assumed the maintenance would have run-out the clock on the event, this all just goes to show how poorly you communicate these end times, with the added complication of maintenance actually or potentially overlapping the event's end, or at least part of the last day.

How about after this final 21 day event for the Lobi, you have a rethink about these?

A revamp of their length so that they never end on a maintenance day would be most welcome and simpler all round.
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • Options
    ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    westmetals wrote: »
    Since you feel the need to start a new thread AND speak for me assuming things I wasn't assuming at all...

Yawn
    The fact that you need to come back and clarify and add things, speaks volumes. I've no interest in sidetracking my points by engaging further with your pedantry on what you think I think you think.

This is supposed to be Feedback aimed at the Game makers. My point is really quite simple and the only thing the arguing above achieves is to prove the point that there is confusion being sewn about when events end, because of both start/end times (but especially the latter) often overlapping with maintenance.

Please design these events so that this overlap is avoided.
    Website
    Discord