test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

🔥🔥🔥 "The Year of Klingon" 🔥🔥🔥

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,382 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    My Temporal D7 is now missing neck, head, and nacelles.
    Looks very weird.
    I filled in a bug report, please fix.

You can go to the ship tailor to fix that.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    They might return the 'Saturday's Child' Mission in the YoK. Then we can have Leonard James Akaar square off against Aakar, son of Aakam. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • athan#5519 athan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    There are source material things that would support that idea. For instance Orions started out with two skin colors in The Cage, the big green ones like Vina was playing (they had Susan Oliver standing on a box to make her appear taller in the face-to-face part of the scene) in the Orion sequence and the smaller wiry type with a more Terran skin color as the merchants. In TOS, "Thelev" the Orion agent posing as an Andorian, was obviously one of the wiry ones and not one of the big hulking green males.

The animated series added Orions with distinctly bluish-gray skin and a large blocky build very similar to the male greens shown in ENT. And lastly, the movies show both the green skinned type and at least once (in ST5) they show one of the wiry Terran-looking ones (they guy with the makeshift gun who was Sybok's first on-screen recruit) who is identified as Orion in the script and the novelization.

The problem is that ENT never showed the other two types, just the greens, and CBS seems to have taken that as a sort of retcon and only appears to recognize the greens as Orions now. STO probably could not get clearance to have the Orions as anything but green if they were to ask about it. On the other hand, the shades available include some that are so light that you can hardly see the green.

Awesome!
    We've pretty much never seen Orions that aren't clearly green skinned in the live action series, the exact shade of green or how vivid the color is varies but it's always been green in live action and IIRC not even in TAS were there intentionally human shaded Orions IIRC.

NOTE:I don't count that one Orion altered to look like an Andorian here simply due that not being his natural appearance.

Well then allow KDF aliens to have their outfits. Some outfits shouldn't have faction restrictions as seen with Orions do in the KDF.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Negh'Var
    80zixCa.jpg
    5puFRKJ.jpg
    D5Vc1Qx.jpg

And thanks for the Klingon 2409 uniform.
    0lKWmlh.jpg

XzRTofz.gif
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    That almost makes me want to get a Negh'var now
  • darthoricidarthorici Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Klingon Miracle Worker Bridge Officer aka Ha'tesh Ep'sukht
    she cant be customized do to when you try her boots are stuck in any but the T'Kuvma uniform boots.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,197 Arc User
    > @fallenkezef#4581 said:
    > That almost makes me want to get a Negh'var now

Wait for the inevitable legendary ship pack
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    Vor'Cha
    57MZZYc.jpg
    lBm5VJm.jpg
    o0HUUbZ.jpg

XzRTofz.gif
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    One thing this update really shows to me - there are a lot of textures in this game that could use an upgrade. Mixing and matching costume parts in the character tailor makes it even more obvious. In the ship tailor, you change the textures whole-cloth, so you just notice that the new ones tend to look better, but with the tailor, you can actually see the difference - low-resolution texture trousers mixed with high-resolution top.

I hope Cryptic finds the time to update more stuff like this. For the KDF, but everything else, too. (Maybe they should start with the faction-agnostic stuff - like the Mercenary outfit or various reputation items. Including space set items. An updated Assimilated Set would be glorious!)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Now I can kitbash my fleet vorral using the new Vorcha visuals but nothin shows up for my fleet B'rel
    edited July 2020
    Now I can kitbash my fleet vorral using the new Vorcha visuals but nothin shows up for my fleet B'rel

The T6 B'Rel, C-Store or Fleet version, don't access the new "Bird of Prey" scheme. It works with the Lieutenant level B'Rotlh and the T5 B'Rel. I made a bug report thread on it. Hope it gets fixed soon.
    One thing this update really shows to me - there are a lot of textures in this game that could use an upgrade. Mixing and matching costume parts in the character tailor makes it even more obvious. In the ship tailor, you change the textures whole-cloth, so you just notice that the new ones tend to look better, but with the tailor, you can actually see the difference - low-resolution texture trousers mixed with high-resolution top.

I hope Cryptic finds the time to update more stuff like this. For the KDF, but everything else, too. (Maybe they should start with the faction-agnostic stuff - like the Mercenary outfit or various reputation items. Including space set items. An updated Assimilated Set would be glorious!)
    For me the difference really started to show when Cryptic started converting the old canon Starfleet ships to T6 with new textures. The old models, textures of the launch era for all the factions really started to look bad in comparison.

Remember how bad something like the Sovereign, Galaxy and all her variants, Akira, etc. looked when they went from old to the new skins? Galaxy and Akira actually got spiced up several times. I think Galaxy was the first to get the remaster treatment when she made it to T6. I remember being blown away with how she looked compared to prior.

Remember how the Dominion warships got updated in looks with they started hitting Tier 6?

Meanwhile the KDF skims just looked bad. They were never quite right to begin with when trying to replicate a canon look. The Romulans arrived later and looked better as a result, but their arrival at Legacy of Romulus event in 2013, even their skins are showing their age now.

The remastered KDF skins really do look good. In certain places like in orbit of Qo'nos they have a certain "glow" to them.
    The same Vor'Cha I had images of earlier now over Qo'nos.
    Z9ZEMGC.jpg
    9m25qPJ.jpg
    rP2hArJ.jpg

Frankly it'd be nice if everything got a beauty pass but that's a lot of work. Even the Fed Lineup which Cryptic has lavished a lot of attention on, still has a bunch of old ships not given the beauty pass that Sovereign, Galaxy, etc. got.

Regardless, whoever has been working on all the various remastered skins needs some praise, they really look good.

XzRTofz.gif
  • captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    They did a good job on this. Everything is gorgeous. Aakar is the perfect blend of the extra alien Disco Klingons and the classic perfect TNG era look. The revamped ship skins are marvelous and do the engine proud, while the first episode is a system patrol run, that second episode...very nice. Leaving the resolution hanging though? Nahh, not a good look. Cliffhanger go at the end of the season not the beginning. In any event, thanks Cryptic this was awesome. Keep up the good work.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
    B'Rel
    KKHRQSB.jpg
    QtA28lv.jpg
    Lu5j4ja.jpg
    AG0yqUQ.jpg
    CkbNaTd.jpg
    QC0bFBY.jpg

XzRTofz.gif
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,948 Community Moderator
    Makes me wish I had the T6 B'Rel.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    The Kor/T6 B'Rel looks pretty amazing in all the new skins (vorcha, ect) but the thing that makes me happiest... the various shield visuals now properly work with cloak so I can now have my beloved sci bop decked out in borg

Also I love the changes made to Qo'nos space and the night setting on ground; it looks far more 'klingon' than a blazing sun considing the pyres and such

Now, if they tweak the system so cloak isn't killed by messages, ect (or they insert some code that forces an instant cloak cooldown if a message window pops up) I'd be estatic

Looking forward to the changes to come (T6 Vo'Quv when?)
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    In fact, FASA'S geisha-like presentation of of the "green animal women" as a tactic where the dancers were actually a sort of partner in the sales process by distracting the client to give the merchant an advantage in negotiation fits the scene in The Cage quite well (that kind of distraction ploy was a real technique back in the ancient middle east). It is kind of like the "Gypsy fortune teller" schtick in a way too, using a cultural myth (in the Orion's case the "primal/animal" part) and acting skills to make money, (indirectly in the dancer's case).
    Yeah canon depictions haven't actually shown a wide range of skin tones. Devna was one of the most interesting in that she was a very pale yellowish green. Then there was those two unnamed guys who were bluish. But both were in TAS, and if they were to appear in live action they might get recolored. I'm not sure what the script described them as though, and that's what a remade version is likely to be based on. The idea of them having colors is canon, but not much on WHAT the colors are.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Maybe "Year of Klingon" but all packs and releases for federation. In Collector pack are 3 ships for fed. And rework old ship for fed too. GG like always. I scare what would be in "Year of Romulans"
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    volticua wrote: »
    Maybe "Year of Klingon" but all packs and releases for federation. In Collector pack are 3 ships for fed. And rework old ship for fed too. GG like always. I scare what would be in "Year of Romulans"

What hell are you on about as far I can tell there hasn't been a single Starfleet rework during the "Year of Klingon" as for the Angel's Wake lockbox it's not part of the year of Klingon either, It's focus on Klingon content not exclusivity.
  • volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    volticua wrote: »

What hell are you on about as far I can tell there hasn't been a single Starfleet rework during the "Year of Klingon" as for the Angel's Wake lockbox it's not part of the year of Klingon either, It's focus on Klingon content not exclusivity.

Oh, thank god, finally we got reworked Klingon's hear, 0 new ships, and more fed packs. Man, i play for kdf romulan char and i know what's really happened there. Maybe i'm alone who think about it like that. But i didn't think that i'm alone.
    Few year ago i play in sto about 2-3 hour per day. But today i didn't see a reason to play more then 15 min

Post edited by volticua on
    > @volticua said:
    > Maybe "Year of Klingon" but all packs and releases for federation. In Collector pack are 3 ships for fed. And rework old ship for fed too. GG like always. I scare what would be in "Year of Romulans"

YOK is not calendar year 2020. YOK started with last week's release and will go a "year" from that point. So anything released before last week had nothing to do with the YOK.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User

Yeah, I'm figuring Qo'noS One will be the legendary for the standard D7 too.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User

TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    joshmaul wrote: »

That depends on if there'll be seperate D7 and K'T'Inga-variants. Q1 was no D7.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,242 Arc User

That depends on if there'll be seperate D7 and K'T'Inga-variants. Q1 was no D7.

While possible IIRC they didn't do seperate versions for TOS connie and the refit, just the kelvin timeline and DSC versions in addition to the classic connie and there's more or less just as much difference between the D7 and K'T'Inga as there's with the classic and refit versions.

Only reason I could see for them doing seperate D7 and K'T'Inga variants is to add to the ship count.
    edited July 2020
    edit: nevermind; not sure I read the post I was replying to correctly.
    Post edited by thegrandnagus1 on

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

Maybe Regent Worf's ship for the Negh'var?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,948 Community Moderator
    I kinda wanna say that the parts for that are already part of the Negh'var, the voDleh parts.
    Ship_Variant_-_KDF_-_voDleh_Heavy_Battle_Cruiser_%28Beta%29_%28T5%29.png?version=fc0f083df5ce8ac27e3444650f6f4e3f
    The only difference is that its the same size as a Negh'var and not the HUGE version from the mirror universe that could probably rival the ISS Charon.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,756 Arc User
    YOK is not calendar year 2020. YOK started with last week's release and will go a "year" from that point. So anything released before last week had nothing to do with the YOK.

STO years (2411) usually go about 5 real time years, so I'm calling it, 5 Years of Klingon.
This discussion has been closed.