test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Target lock ( Ground )

Ok, i've been playing STO now for a few short years now. And there is one issue that irritates me to no end. And that is the very poor and non-working excuse for Target lock. This needs to be addressed. Every ground mission i'm in no matter what day or when I play, it just doesn't work like it should. Point at enemy, pull trigger to lock on and nothing happens or it locks on to my own party member. And when it does finally lock onto the enemy it doesn't do any good as the lock is knocked off a few seconds later.
Is there any option that I haven't found that turns friendly target lock off? Or is there any plans at all to fix this issue? Am I the only unlucky soul to face this problem?

Comments

• Options
    tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,638 Arc User
    On PC I've just switched to using tab targeting, even though I've much prefer a point to shoot, with the issues you outlined being the key problems I had too. If you're on console I hope someone has solution or work-around, as I don't.
  • Options
    syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    On pc there are bind keys Target Next Exposed Enemy normal bind key G that is supposed to target enemies that is on the screen. There is also Target Nearest Enemy that you can set a bind key for and targets nearest enemies on screen or off.
    Also some console commands you can make bind keys for space like Target_Enemy_Near but not sure if they work in ground or on console
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Key_binds#Targeting
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/List_of_console_commands#Targeting
    With the hitbox of big ships in space some of the teammates in big ships can make it hard to target enemies in space too.
  • Options
    garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    The only way to lock on target in ground combat on the console is by aiming. But that only works if your target is stationary and there are no other enemies or friendlies walking between you and your target. In other words, for all intents and purposes, lock on target in ground combat on console does not exist.
  • Options
    gundamt3#5701 gundamt3 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Yeah forgot to mention that....i'm console player. And this problem is on both ps4 and xbox one.