test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So who is going to be the New Chancellor of the Klingon Empire

grendelthewise#0990 grendelthewise Member Posts: 640 Arc User
With the current events of the b.s. going on within the Empire. Who is going to be the new chancellor when the dust settles. I have a funny feeling Martok will take over again. Any thoughts from my fellow players
Fleet Admiral of the U.S.S. ATTILA KHAN-CDA (NX-921911).
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    J'mpok
    STO's "world" is completely static and suff like that get usually resolved with a big fat reset button.
    Like Sugihara. You can save him or leave him to die but nonetheless he will be standing nex to Quinn's desk on ESD. Dunno why people expect something different, especially for a character that's been filling such a big roll.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    With the current events of the b.s. going on within the Empire. Who is going to be the new chancellor when the dust settles. I have a funny feeling Martok will take over again. Any thoughts from my fellow players

Martok is my feeling as well.

However, there is one huge problem with this - future voice over work. Even if J.G. Hertzler is working for scale (pay-wise) to keep costs down, his availability may be difficult in the future. If Cryptic's plans are for him to become Chancellor, I'm sure they are smart enough to have him record a bunch of generic lines right now covering most 'leadership' dialog requirements. That way they have some reserve to carry through if his pay requirements are too high or he is unavailable for future content.

But as said above, they may just push the big ol' reset button after this little Klingon tiff is over with. Then J'mpok is back with hardly a difference to the Empire's overall state. And that would make things much easier for Cryptic in the long run.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    But as said above, they may just push the big ol' reset button after this little Klingon tiff is over with. Then J'mpok is back with hardly a difference to the Empire's overall state. And that would make things much easier for Cryptic in the long run.

Some people have suggested that the J'mpok running amok here is a Changeling. (Possibly the Changeling.)
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    I hope Martok, because he's just awesome.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Martok was always played well in the show and the game. That being said... I don't want this whole merging of the Fed and KDF factions to happen. It would ruin the game in my opinion. Klingons's may not be the evil characters they once were, but we need some bad guys to play. They have wussed the Jem'Hadar and Romulan's as well. What do we really have left if they merge the two factions?!
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    Shran. For some reason the developers really love that guy and he pops up everywhere despite being really lame and irritating.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    J'Ula. We all need a surrogate mother figure for some reason.
    edited July 2020
    hawku001x wrote: »
    J'Ula. We all need a surrogate mother figure for some reason.

If we're going that route, we might as well bring L'Rell back from the dead (presumably, after 150 years and a succession of Chancellors after her, she IS dead) with a cloner or something. I mean, stranger things have happened... we get Stamets back as a hologram and Burnham as an Excalbian replica, so yeah. Plus, Klingons have done clones before. Kahless, anyone?
    TW1sr57.jpg

• dragonturtletimmydragonturtletimmy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    23rd Century younger B'vat. Not really but do wonder where he went.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Quark! He was the one that went into battle to obtain the Sword of Kahless in the first place. ;)
    House of Quark ftw!

But yeah, its likely gonna be Martok, and then future major missions in the Empire will be given by some other high ranking npc to save cost on voice acting. And it will be explained that Martok is busy fixing the internal problems in the Empire.

The other option for leadership would be Worf. He still haven't shown up in the current story (since its only two missions atm).

J'Ula I don't see as a leader of the Empire. Doubt most people will trust her that much.

I don't see J'mpok staying in power after this. Unless it turns out he is a changling or under the control of something.

Alternative option: Kagran? Think he is too busy being an Alliance Captain. But it would save cost on future voice acting.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • spacehermitspacehermit Member Posts: 355 Arc User
    K'Urland!
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Whoever is in charge of the Federation currently, knowing Cryptic...
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Maybe there won't be a new chancellor. Maybe in the ensuing power vacuum even more damage is done trying to claim the title of chancellor that the remnants simply join the Federation and the Klingon Empire is no more.

No I don't like that idea, and it would make the Year of the Klingon a year of dishonor.
  • claudiusdkclaudiusdk Member Posts: 561 Arc User
    Alternative option would be to have no chancellor, and instead have the council rule together. But don't see that happening since they proberly won't agree on anything.
    "Please, Captain, not in front of the Klingons."
    Spock to Kirk, as Kirk is about to hug him.
    Star Trek V: "The Final Frontier"
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Hopefullly a Gowron clone.
    i dont know timelines like many do in these forums, but is Worf dead during this time?

No. Several portions of the introductory Klingon episodes involve him, and he becomes Torchbearer for Martok to rally the Empire against the Hur'q during the Victory is Life campaign.
    TW1sr57.jpg

• smi3thsmi3th Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    I vote for Kanye West. Just throw in an apostrophe in there somewhere. :D
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    smi3th wrote: »
    I vote for Kanye West. Just throw in an apostrophe in there somewhere. :D

You probably mean, KHAAAAN'ye. :D

Edit: It needed a few more A's. :P
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Aennik Okeg of course.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    Or, to make a small concession and keep things familiar to the Klingons, we can clone Ra-Ghoratreii.

A nice bonus would be that he has an awesome name.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
    J'mpok
    STO's "world" is completely static and suff like that get usually resolved with a big fat reset button.
    Like Sugihara. You can save him or leave him to die but nonetheless he will be standing nex to Quinn's desk on ESD. Dunno why people expect something different, especially for a character that's been filling such a big roll.

I'm more concerned about Rugan Skyl's fate to be fair.

• fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Adet'pa, she's one to watch
    reyan01 wrote: »
    A new character, B'ttugly will take the position; with much influence in the Klingon High Council, B'ttugly has the ability to order entire fleets of Klingon battle cruisers after the player character. As each episode unfolds less and less is learned about this character causing whoever is writing this stuff to write their way out of the story by claiming it was all a Holodeck malfunction.

In terms of J'mpok - no idea, but interestingly the direction they're taking him in mirrors the way Gowron behaved toward the end of DS9's run in many ways (i.e acting only to satisfy his political ego).

Given that the server is called 'holodeck'... do I see a veiled DOOMM!-post here? ;)

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Honestly half the posts here are DOOOM! posts and not very well hidden ones at that essentially implying that Cryptic is gonna intentionally TRIBBLE over their KDF player base for the evuls...

As for who will be the next chancellor if I had to guess my money would be on someone who isn't a guest star who has been in live action series, so Martok, Worf or L'rell are out (as I assume the actors for those characters are too busy to appear as a regular role, opposed to a occational guest star). Kagran is possibility as is Koren as both major flaw is that they're "too loyal".
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    J'Ula and PC lose and J'mpok remains chancellor.
    By the way, it's a pity the game engine doesn't allow this, but as a member of the House of Duras, I would join the head of my house Ja'rod and fight J'Ula.
    Family is important more than who is good and who evil, for the Institute! (ehh wrong franchise :D )
  • arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    Who's next for ruling the Klingon Empire? vote_deez_nuts_2016_ornament_round.jpg?height=460&width=460&qv=90
This discussion has been closed.