test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 7/2/20

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 7/2 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'm glad the Red Angel's costume unlock is going to be fixed with the patch.

Any chance of the Elim Garak Hologram BOff going to be account unlocked from the Plain and Simple Bundle? So far only the character I used to get that bundle (a Starfleet-allied Cardassian) was able to let Garak join him, and he's nowhere to be found in the Zen store to get him for my other characters.
  • riker101#4460 riker101 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    hello i just have and issue that lot of players are experiencing and that is that the activation abilities/ weapon fire wont activate after clicking them sometimes activating no sooner then almost having smashed up the keyboard and it really can be the win or death difference at how it is acting atm its almost like gambling and the winner is the one were the activation works please look in to it please it almost looks like the game cant keep up or something thank you very much
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Who do we contact to get stuff unlocked that is not currently unlocked in the Personnel Tab that we have purchased before (not part of a bundle)?
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    Resolved an issue that was preventing the Altamid Plasma Omni from being re-engineered.

well, better late than never, but...that really should have been fixed the week after it was reported​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Oh this a nice set of patches, thank you.
    0zxlclk.png
  • casualstocasualsto Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I sincerely hope this also fixes the SNR and suite of disconnects.

It's not my ISP, it's not my PC. And it's occurring since the last update has been implemented.

Also...
    " Resolved an issue where Intelligence Agent Attaché improperly had no internal cooldown. "

- Yeah, man, nerf it to the ground after we've paid up 25m a piece for multiple toons. Because we can't have a pve-only good new thing. Just bait us to get it, then nerf it, to invalidate end user choice and end user resources. -

I sincerely hope I'm wrong on the last claim. Currently the IAA can put the APA and GDF to their Global cooldown (which doesn't lead to 100% uptime or not even 50% close). I don't know how it behaves on Engineers or Science, but it can't be that much imbalanced, if the tacticals are still balanced.
    Post edited by casualsto on
  • chuckdotsonchuckdotson Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    The CRYPTICS 20TH ANNIVERSARY GIFTS is not fixed. I hope they fix it before it over. I have a feeling it will not be.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Who do we contact to get stuff unlocked that is not currently unlocked in the Personnel Tab that we have purchased before (not part of a bundle)?

I would have thought this would have been a lot higher of a priority. Considering they have our money, I guess that is all that matters.

These patch notes are incredibly disappointing! So many bugs that have not been addressed! What about those of us who can no long access TFO's because of the untested messing with the KDF side? I can't play 4 of my KDF characters in any TFO's because they don't show up as of the Year of the Klingon launch! My characters that can play TFO's can't even select their marks because the stupid windows are no longer resizeable and the last choice and the scroll bar overlap the button! Your team need to get their priorities straight and do some more testing before pushing this stuff! You have a public test server. Make sure of it!
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I can claim my marks from mark boxes and TFOs and Patrols. Just need to be careful and mouseover close to the bottom of the button and it should light up to use. Still, would be nice to at least resize that box to about half size of what it is now.

Thanks for the myriad of other fixes, though. Hope you can get to some of the other stuff soon as well.

I'm not sure if there is a bug with the platinum sniper rifle. The description did say once per account. Could we get a dev to let us know if it's supposed to be acct locked or character locked?
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • allyoftheforceallyoftheforce Member Posts: 735 Arc User
    No fix for the Survivors accolade in Discord on Khitomer?
    Seriously?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    Thanks for the updates and fixes, Cryptic! Happy 20th anniversary.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    echatty wrote: »
    I can claim my marks from mark boxes and TFOs and Patrols. Just need to be careful and mouseover close to the bottom of the button and it should light up to use. Still, would be nice to at least resize that box to about half size of what it is now.

Thanks for the myriad of other fixes, though. Hope you can get to some of the other stuff soon as well.

I'm not sure if there is a bug with the platinum sniper rifle. The description did say once per account. Could we get a dev to let us know if it's supposed to be acct locked or character locked?

I am glad that works for you but it doesn't work for me. I have tried changing the UI Scale, the games resolution from 1440P down to 1080P, trying the game in Windowed Mode, and nothing changes me being able to hit that button, no matter how slow I move the mouse the little of it that shows.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User

"I'm not sure if there is a bug with the platinum sniper rifle. The description did say once per account. Could we get a dev to let us know if it's supposed to be acct locked or character locked?"

I just figured it was par of the course by Cryptic: Better quality meaning lesser quantity. A bit of a compromise I suppose in the equation of decisions. It did remind me & I chuckled again though at the Legend Rom T'liss Very Rare offerings.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Or the new Episodes Mk XI Rare offerings.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Or the new Episodes Mk XI Rare offerings.

This. Seriously, rare weapons, these are just throw aways since we'll never use them for ourselves or our boffs. Such a waste.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • rjewkesrjewkes Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    No fix for the Survivors accolade in Discord on Khitomer?
    Seriously?

right and that rift acts differently each time sometimes it slowly progresses and other times it steam rolls you.
    signature2.jpg
    galacticguards.enjin.com/
    Formerly Jewkesman Member from Nov 2009!
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

I am glad that works for you but it doesn't work for me. I have tried changing the UI Scale, the games resolution from 1440P down to 1080P, trying the game in Windowed Mode, and nothing changes me being able to hit that button, no matter how slow I move the mouse the little of it that shows.

Exactly. None of that nonsense has worked for me either. The one and only thing that I have gotten to work is changing the UI scale back down to 1.00. And that's an unacceptable hassle to deal with after playing each and every bit of game content, just to be able to pick your marks of choice!

Please fix this nonsense already. It's very, very similar to a problem you had with UI scaling, when you introduced the Event tab. Back then, the Event reward 'accept reward' button was also blocked by UI scaling. And you fixed it pretty promptly.

I've only been dropping in and out of the game, after completing my Event daily on account of this bug and refuse to play for any longer than that until it's fixed. Already missed a week of play and would rather not miss another week too.

And I and other experienced players at least know to change the UI scale. Think of all the players who haven't a clue about that. They only see that they can't claim their rewards. Thus, what's the point of playing and then they quit altogether.

Fix this already please!!!

"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    I have been able to move the whole mark choice popup to get at the button, but it is no better than moving the slider on the old popup and the old one was less intrusive for those scenarios where some of the enemy remains after the boss is destroyed. Please fix the new one or bring back the old one.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    My Mark Choice Box had a scroll bar. It was very long but it did have a scroll bar to get to Gamma and Discovery.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    My Mark Choice Box had a scroll bar. It was very long but it did have a scroll bar to get to Gamma and Discovery.

Right, but the problem is that the 'accept rewards' button is blocked behind that scroll bar now, for everyone who has their UI scale set to anything higher than 1.00.

You can scroll and pick all you like, but you can't hit 'accept rewards'. And if you let the timer run down, it'll just randomly pick a mark type for you.

It's broken and it needs to be fixed.

"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    i have mine set to 1.05 (or 1.1, i forget which) and i can still select the button just fine - i didn't even notice any overlapping UI elements on the window

then again, i haven't actually gone ingame since the patch today, so who knows what will be broken for me​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    I'm glad the Red Angel's costume unlock is going to be fixed with the patch.

Any chance of the Elim Garak Hologram BOff going to be account unlocked from the Plain and Simple Bundle? So far only the character I used to get that bundle (a Starfleet-allied Cardassian) was able to let Garak join him, and he's nowhere to be found in the Zen store to get him for my other characters.

That's because it's a Lobi unlock and nothing from the Lobi store is account-wide.
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
    Okay. Someone seems to have forgotten the Starship Vendor in the lifer area. Just when I finally thought we finally had a reason to go there. YOU LEFT SOMETHING OUT! :P Please add it!
This discussion has been closed.