test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Available rewards screen - Cannot confirm marks

mintyfresh05mintyfresh05 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Since the previous patch the marks selection box covers the clicky to accept them, you cannot resize the box.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198011161097/screenshots/?appid=0&sort=newestfirst&browsefilter=myfiles&view=imagewall

Comments

• eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,998 Arc User
    Agreed. I have to move the ui window up slightly so that the accept tab becomes slightly clickable.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    I'm having that issue as well. The Confirm is hidden under the Discovery Marks and the slider bar. Random rewards suck! Especially when you have to wait for a few minutes to find out it picked something you didn't even want or need.
  • scuttydscuttyd Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same problem here. I have changed my screen resolution, and changed from windowed to fullscreen without any luck.
  • cpr#5779 cpr Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Ditto.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Yep, same problem here. You have to scroll down to get the rewards and/or move the window. The issue began after the patch last week. It causes the window to look funky looking even when you open up reputation boxes and other items. Would be nice when it is fixed.
    Post edited by sthe91 on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • methos71methos71 Member Posts: 336 Arc User
    Be awfully nice if they fixed this, as I'd love to enjoy all the new content! Yet, I've simply put off playing on account of this bug. And, until it's fixed, I'll only be popping in to do my event daily and then I'm done.
    "Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    Vice-Admiral Methos Corinthian
    methos71
    screenshot_2012-03-27-13-37-23.jpg

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I noticed this as well. I am able to click the accept button if I'm careful and move my mouse pointer over it slowly till it lights up.

So still getting the marks I want, just have to be careful about clicking.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    echatty wrote: »
    I noticed this as well. I am able to click the accept button if I'm careful and move my mouse pointer over it slowly till it lights up.

I sadly haven't been able to finagle my mouse pointer to get that damned blocked button to light up.

Might I ask what UI scale you're set too? So I can try to replicate your mouse pointer finagling trick? Also, is there any particular part of the blocked button that you've pointed to, which gets it to consistently light up?

If I can get your trick to work, then it'd be a decent compromise until they finally fix this nonsense with a patch.

"Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man and let history make its own judgments." -Zefram Cochrane
    methos71

• blakes7tvseriesblakes7tvseries Member Posts: 704 Arc User
    Same issue no resize,only option is to wait for the time expiration and let it auto select
    download.jpg
    Same issue no resize,only option is to wait for the time expiration and let it auto select
    No you don't have to wait. You can move the ui window slightly upwards and the accept tab at the bottom becomes slightly more visible to click on. No ideal but at the moment the best work a round until it is fixed.
    eazzie wrote: »
    No you don't have to wait. You can move the ui window slightly upwards and the accept tab at the bottom becomes slightly more visible to click on. No ideal but at the moment the best work a round until it is fixed.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work for everyone. Certainly hasn't worked for me.

methos71

methos71 wrote: »
    eazzie wrote: »

Unfortunately, that doesn't work for everyone. Certainly hasn't worked for me.

Darn. So sorry about that. Hope they fix it soon then.
  • cpr#5779 cpr Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Thanks for jogging my memory. i went into options, basic, interface scale and set it to 1.10 and then could claim my marks. :smile: -)
    No fix as of the current patch notes for today, so I guess we have to put up with another week of getting useless Undine marks as the system seems to favor that choice for me for some odd reason.
  • lordconn#9249 lordconn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    No fix as of the current patch notes for today, so I guess we have to put up with another week of getting useless Undine marks as the system seems to favor that choice for me for some odd reason.

I always get stuck with fleet marks, useless as I am not in a fleet.

I always get stuck with fleet marks, useless as I am not in a fleet.

I would much rather have Fleet Marks than Undine Marks.

Pretty please respond soon, 'cause it's sounding an awful lot like they didn't fix this problem with today's patch. And I refuse to play for any longer than the event daily, until this annoying nonsense has been fixed.

Your trick might allow me to tolerate playing though, if myself and others can replicate your trick.

So, again, might I ask what UI scale you're set too? Also, is there any particular part of the blocked button that you've pointed to, which gets it to consistently light up and become clickable?

If I and others can get your trick to work, then it'd be a decent compromise until they finally fix this nonsense with a patch.

methos71

• wombleonsomblewombleonsomble Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I found a workaround that should work for everyone, open the options and resize the UI down - I play in 4K so its normally set to 2.0 times, so I reduce it to 1.0 or even 0.5 and it makes all the UI elements including the rewards choice window smaller, so the whole list can appear within the game window and you can choose accept then.
    I think half of the problem is that this game engine was already old before 1080P was a thing. The UI scaling is supposed to help with screens using 1080P or higher resolutions. Perhaps the solution would be to adjust the UI Scaling for today's screen sizes. It makes me wonder what resolution and UI Scale the Dev Team is using. Maybe PWE needs to spend a few bucks and get some some decent monitors so they can actually work with the game at what would be consisder, standard resolutions, for 2020.
    I just accidentally found a workaround that might work. I was going to click on the button awhile ago to get my marks and missed and clicked on the very bottom of the window next to the button. The list scrolled up, revealing the button in all its glory. Try that while they work to reduce the size of the window. Worked every time for me.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    I just accidentally found a workaround that might work. I was going to click on the button awhile ago to get my marks and missed and clicked on the very bottom of the window next to the button. The list scrolled up, revealing the button in all its glory. Try that while they work to reduce the size of the window. Worked every time for me.

Could you please be more specific?? A screenshot of exactly where you've been clicking would be nice!

Also, what is your UI size set to?

methos71

edited July 2020
    I was able to get the button to appear. Running dual 1440P 27" monitors, the UI Scaling set to 1.15 seems to have done it, at least for now. The key seems to be, making the full window without a slider smaller than the full length of the screen using the US Scaling. Gosh, this is such a stupid and annoying temporary fix, if it lasts! I might run a queue later to see. These 20 minutes TFO's suck! They are too long for me to want to run back to back. I haven't tried this on a 4k screen as of yet or my 49" 3840X1080p screen. For anyone with a visual impairment, this is going to really make them hate this game!
    I was able to get the button to appear. Running dual 1440P 27" monitors, the UI Scaling set to 1.15 seems to have done it, at least for now. The key seems to be, making the full window without a slider smaller than the full length of the screen using the US Scaling. Gosh, this is such a stupid and annoying temporary fix, if it lasts! I might run a queue later to see. These 20 minutes TFO's suck! They are too long for me to want to run back to back. I haven't tried this on a 4k screen as of yet or my 49" 3840X1080p screen. For anyone with a visual impairment, this is going to really make them hate this game!

Yeah, I'm visually impaired and the difference between scale 1.00 and 1.15 is akin to nothing for the likes of me and others like me!

I've always run the game (and I truly mean 'always', as in for the past 10 years) at scale 1.45, which is what's most comfortable for me. And I've got a 27" 1080p monitor, which I run at its native resolution of 1920X1080.

So, yeah, 1.00 and 1.15 are both wayyyyyyyy too tiny for me! I tried countless scales, cutting back from 1.45 to 1.25 and the only thing that worked was 1.00. And that's just unplayable for me.

methos71

I found a workaround that should work for everyone, open the options and resize the UI down - I play in 4K so its normally set to 2.0 times, so I reduce it to 1.0 or even 0.5 and it makes all the UI elements including the rewards choice window smaller, so the whole list can appear within the game window and you can choose accept then.

That suggestion of yours does indeed work for those of us who've got 1080p and higher, larger monitors. In fact, thus far, I'm pretty sure it's the only work around that works. And yet that's only a work around to something that's pretty clearly broken.

Case in point, any content that offers limited mark choices, like Azure Nebula Rescue or Defense of Starbase One (which offer three mark choices), works perfectly fine at any and every UI scale, as it always has. Because, for those TFOs and others like them, the 'accept reward' button remains unobstructed and accessible for clicking.

This problem has only been happening with any and all content that offers a choice of any and every mark box. And it needs attention and fixing!

methos71

I'll see about getting a screen. I don't know what my resolution or anything is set to. I'll look it up too.

What I mean is, where the button is, you can click right next to it in the black area and the mark choices 'move' up and reveal the button.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    methos71 wrote: »

Yeah, I'm visually impaired and the difference between scale 1.00 and 1.15 is akin to nothing for the likes of me and others like me!

I've always run the game (and I truly mean 'always', as in for the past 10 years) at scale 1.45, which is what's most comfortable for me. And I've got a 27" 1080p monitor, which I run at its native resolution of 1920X1080.

So, yeah, 1.00 and 1.15 are both wayyyyyyyy too tiny for me! I tried countless scales, cutting back from 1.45 to 1.25 and the only thing that worked was 1.00. And that's just unplayable for me.

That is totally understandable. I work... Well, used to work with a lot of visually impaired and blind people before the pandemic. In-home computer training is pretty much dead for now and specialized computers and software aren't really bug business with most people financially concerned for the future. I also have a few fleetmates with visual impairments. Quite a few years back, I used to complain a lot about the lack of subtitles in the cutscenes because one of my fleetmates was deaf. She left the game long before PWE ever decided these needed to be added.
    [/quote]

That is totally understandable. I work... Well, used to work with a lot of visually impaired and blind people before the pandemic. In-home computer training is pretty much dead for now and specialized computers and software aren't really bug business with most people financially concerned for the future. I also have a few fleetmates with visual impairments. Quite a few years back, I used to complain a lot about the lack of subtitles in the cutscenes because one of my fleetmates was deaf. She left the game long before PWE ever decided these needed to be added. [/quote]

Pity that your fleetmate left before they finally added subtitles. :(
    methos71