test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

No Klingon Promotions?

antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
The Klingon update is great. And I bought some ships. But I was ready to spend way more. The lockbox has nothing Klingon in it. And there were no Lobi store Klingon items. And the legendary release was Romulan?? And the day of release, we get a Cardassian Bundle???? I was expecting a big celebration focusing on Klingon content. Instead of spending loads more money. Now, I'm holding back, because they didn't have anything I really wanted. Was anyone else disappointed they couldn't get more KDF stuff? They could have had hundreds more dollars off me. But oh well. If they are going to go Klingon, they have to all the way. I was so hyped to get Discovery Klingon stuff to. They did a really great job of what they did work on at least.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    This is only Part 1, there is more to come.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

Perhaps, but while we wait on new content, ships and other fluff would have been nice to have available for purchase. Here's hoping that Legendary Bird of Prey makes it into the C-Store soon.
  • Options
    jcsww wrote: »

Perhaps, but while we wait on new content, ships and other fluff would have been nice to have available for purchase. Here's hoping that Legendary Bird of Prey makes it into the C-Store soon.

My plan is, if they make Discovery Klingons, is to buy all the Discovery ships and put a Klingon in each of them. Let's hope that my dream comes true.
  • Options
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Is this even serious? You honestly think that they put all that Dev time/work into giving those ships a quality pass and they're not going to run a promotion of some sort around them?

It's definitely not a case of 'if' - it is, without a shadow of a doubt, more a case of 'when'. I mean, look at the ships they updated:
    - B’Rel Bird of Prey
    - D7
    - K’Tinga
    - Vor’cha
    - Negh’Var

It's painfully obvious that this is a KDF Legendary Bundle just waiting to happen.

The problem is... waiting! If now was the time to launch this content, then now is the time to launch new ships to buy. Not only new ships, but new uniforms would be nice. Some new pets as well. Updating the skins on ships I already have doesn't make me spend more money and doesn't resolve my craving for more for the KDF side of things.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Look, with the spectacular 20% off Sale in Mudd's Market now is the time to pick up the Legendary Bentham Crusier. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »
    Look, with the spectacular 20% off Sale in Mudd's Market now is the time to pick up the Legendary Bentham Crusier. ;)

lol That needs to be at least 80% off at a minimum before anything in there is worth touching. However... I would gladly purchase the Time Bundle if it was at the very least, 80% off.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    While I know there are always reasons/excuses why they didn't do something, I agree with the OP. The time when you revamp the Klingon tutorial is the time you want to sell a bundle that includes scaling ships, because people are going to be creating new characters. Again, I know; there are reasons/excuses why they choose to do other things. But you don't get a better opportunity than a revamped tutorial for people to use scaling ships. I'm just saying :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    snoggymack22snoggymack22 Member Posts: 7,084 Arc User

Yup. More to come. I'm interested in T6 versions of some ships (I'd LOVE a T6 Vo'Quv for instance). So some sort of legendary bundle has my hopes up. But in the meantime, Robert O'Reilly and those GOWRON EYES are pretty darn awesome. Hahahahahah.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Just play the Episodes from the start with your new Klingon Character and you'll be getting Promotions up the wazoo. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    But in the meantime, Robert O'Reilly and those GOWRON EYES are pretty darn awesome. Hahahahahah.

C3Oiobz.gif
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options

Yup. More to come. I'm interested in T6 versions of some ships (I'd LOVE a T6 Vo'Quv for instance). So some sort of legendary bundle has my hopes up. But in the meantime, Robert O'Reilly and those GOWRON EYES are pretty darn awesome. Hahahahahah.

Heck, yeah! A T6 Vo'Quv would be awesome!
  • Options
    I just really wanna know if their ever going to add Discovery Klingons?
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    I just really wanna know if they're ever going to add Discovery Klingons?

They are going to. This is only Part 1 of The Year of the Klingon.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Klingons will likely get a whole ship pack while Romulans only got a single ship, since Roms are my second favorite faction I will be quite disappointed if this came to pass.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

Yeah. In fact, based on where the story is apparently going,
    after J'mpok is defeated and Martok (probably) becomes the new Chancellor, the house Mo'kai klingons will probably be allowed to officially set up their house again.

And I'm guessing at that point they will allow us to make disco-looking Klingons.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    Hopefully not TOS Era Disco Klingons. :)

https://youtu.be/Cvl0iKbdV6A
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    ltminns wrote: »
    Hopefully not TOS Era Disco Klingons. :)

They already do that. ;)

0zxlclk.png
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Yeah. In fact, based on where the story is apparently going,
    after J'mpok is defeated and Martok (probably) becomes the new Chancellor, the house Mo'kai klingons will probably be allowed to officially set up their house again.

And I'm guessing at that point they will allow us to make disco-looking Klingons.

I hope so. I'm guessing I'm a completionist. Because using Dis. era Klingon ships without the Dis. era warp out effects is driving me crazy. The Klingons already in the game are good. But their design is old. That look has been around for like 30 years. I'd be a Godsend if they added Dis. Orions in their to. But that's asking too much lol.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    ^^ What is different with the Disco Orion's?
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
This discussion has been closed.