test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cryptics 20th Anniversary Gifts

eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11465713

Star Trek Online

The following items will be available to claim in Mudd’s Market section of the Zen Store, under the Bundles tab until July 16th:

New Title: Cryptonian
Platinum Discovery Era Sniper Rifle
Platinum Vanity Shield
Platinum Tardigrade Non-Combat Pet
Featured TFO Reward (3x)

On going to Mudds Market though (not 100% certain) I think it said these items are only available for 6 days NOT 16. Can Someone confirm if I read correctly.

Some in game have expressed not finding it. If you go to either the bundles, or all tabs you can find it.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    warmonger360warmonger360 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    can't be 20yrs, can it? :/
    WE SURVIVE!

aut vincere aut mori pro imperio
    either to conquer or to die for the Empire
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    STO is only 10 years old.

That doesn't mean that Cryptic has only existed as long as STO has been around. That would be like saying that EA never existed until X game launched.
    Cryptic is celebrating their 20th anniversary, and all three of their games have items to celebrate that.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,200 Arc User
    Not STO...but the whole Cryptic which is much much older than STO.​​
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Are these per character or per account?
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »

Once per account it looks like. I've been trying to find the vanity shield on my other characters, but no dice.

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    You need to unlock them on all characters and the usual suspects/items are once per account.

And the rifle is bugged and doesn't get account-unlocked or if it is, I dunno where.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Yes, You need to go to the store with everyone and it looks like the rifle is either bugged or only once per account.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    Thanks a lot C; Shield look good on my Galaxy :)
    You need to unlock them on all characters and the usual suspects/items are once per account.

And the rifle is bugged and doesn't get account-unlocked or if it is, I dunno where.

I got everything. Rifle was unlimited; when you put it to the upgrade sys it immediately jumps to mk15. But it does not come in a box; it comes unwrapped in the inventory.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Thanks a lot C; Shield look good on my Galaxy :)

I got everything. Rifle was unlimited; when you put it to the upgrade sys it immediately jumps to mk15. But it does not come in a box; it comes unwrapped in the inventory.

Yes, and only on the first character to claim the bundle. No other character gets the rifle.

From the linked article:

Star Trek Online

The following items will be available to claim in Mudd’s Market section of the Zen Store, under the Bundles tab until July 16th:

New Title: Cryptonian
    Platinum Discovery Era Sniper Rifle
    Once per account
    Platinum Vanity Shield
    Platinum Tardigrade Non-Combat Pet
    Featured TFO Reward (3x)
    Once per account
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,392 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    And it's character-bound-on-pickup, so you can't even "share" it between characters.

I'll go with "oversight", but for a birthday gift, this is an embarrassing one. And that's not taking into account that you need to search a bit to even find this bundle that isn't even in the featured tab or the default tab of Mudd's market. And putting a birthday milestone gift into the most infamous conman's shop of the franchise is... how to say it...
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    warpaint21warpaint21 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    I hope they get fixing on the rifle and make it at least account bound and not character bound.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    so vanity shield, non-combat pet and title (nothing I would ever use) is for everyone... rifle and xp is once per account.

rifle is a sniper rifle... does anyone like using a sniper rifle as their main/only weapon?
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    tigeraries wrote: »
    rifle is a sniper rifle... does anyone like using a sniper rifle as their main/only weapon?

No, but it's nice for an Engineer to set up your constructs then draw the prey into the fun zone with a sniper shot.

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    I was a little disappointed in CO - it gave the title as "Platinum", not (as the press release stated) "Cryptonian". I was going to use that title for Hypernova, too, since he's kind of a Superman expy... :smile:
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    hawkermatty#5576 hawkermatty Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »

Once per account it looks like. I've been trying to find the vanity shield on my other characters, but no dice.

Odd, I thought considering it said the Rifle and the TFO reward boxes were once per account I would presume that the rest of it would be account wide. Why add that detail if the entire thing is just per account?
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    The Title, vanity shield and pet are all account wide. The rifle and choice box is once.

So whoever claims the bundle first gets the box and the rifle. Everyone else who claims it gets the title, shield and pet.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    The Rifle is Mk XV Epic and once per Account and is Reengineerable. The 3 Featured TFO Rewards are the normal TFO Selection Pack, choose a Spec Point or a Lackluster Upgrade as the NORMAL Featured TFO Reward, you know like it says. The Packs are Account Bound, just like a NORMAL Featured TFO Reward.

The Store Bundle description, in Mudd's Market, states all this pretty clearly.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    dkdrachedkdrache Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Odd the bundle isn't in Mudd's Market for myself or the wife.
  • Options
    sableshadow888sableshadow888 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    And putting a birthday milestone gift into the most infamous conman's shop of the franchise is... how to say it...

Appropriate? :P
  • Options
    dkdrache wrote: »
    Odd the bundle isn't in Mudd's Market for myself or the wife.

Did you check the Bundles tab in Mudd's Market? That's where it is.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    deathrunner1990deathrunner1990 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Been trying to redeem the package for a couple of hours now, keeps saying 'not available for purchase', I have an empty inventory and have not claimed it on any other character. I tried both the Featured tab claim version and the Mudds one, no dice... anyone else getting that or am I just cursed?
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Been trying to redeem the package for a couple of hours now, keeps saying 'not available for purchase', I have an empty inventory and have not claimed it on any other character. I tried both the Featured tab claim version and the Mudds one, no dice... anyone else getting that or am I just cursed?

Is there anything in your overflow bag?

• Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Even if you have Inventory room, you could have a Shuttle Pet in Overflow. If you claimed a Shuttle, the Pet goes there automatically.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    so vanity shield, non-combat pet and title (nothing I would ever use) is for everyone... rifle and xp is once per account.

only snipers i use are the TR-116, and the original Fed type 3 rifle. technically not a sniper but it has a sniper's extra range. very useful in Gorn Valley
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • Options
    any screens of the vanity shield? it's really all i'm interested in
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
  • Options
    grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    I found the pack in the "Featured" tab in the store as it wasn't in Mudd's Market. Now I can't find the shield to reclaim on my alts. Am I missing something? I thought that the shield, title, and pet were supposed to be account-wide?
  • Options
    MpRF24Z.jpg

Here's one of mine
    Now a LTS and loving it.
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    I didn't get the account-unlock on the shield on alt account. Checked everywhere, including reclaim tab.

Waiting to claim on main account until this bug is either corrected or they clarify if all the items are character-bound and not just the sniper rifle, cause that's how it is on my end.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    I found the pack in the "Featured" tab in the store as it wasn't in Mudd's Market. Now I can't find the shield to reclaim on my alts. Am I missing something? I thought that the shield, title, and pet were supposed to be account-wide?
    mudds market defaults to the ships tab. click all on the right and it's there. took me a minute to find it for Yang
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
This discussion has been closed.