test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online: House Divided

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
The Year of Klingon has begun. #HouseDivided is live on PC, bringing with it an epic new story starring J. G. Hertzler and Robert O'Reilly. Two new episodes, a new TFO, three new patrols, and much more.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11461043

Comments

• theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Cool, already pondering on a fresh new KDF char for this :)

That blue headed alien (Discovery Klingon?), is that J'ula?
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator

Yea. That's J'Ula.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

Yea. That's J'Ula.

Thx! Had a vastly different mental image from the few mission encounters in memory.

... *takes mouth spray, checks hair*... Come on an conquer me!

*cough*

:P
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Anyone else having issues since patching? So far one hard crash which required me turning off my computer from the wall socket to clear, and repeated connection drops. And I haven't even touched the missions or patrols yet.
  • giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    Hold up, is that Robert O'Reilly? I'd know those crazy eyes anywhere!

• chelly#7549 chelly Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    The episodes are great but for some reason it thinks my fed is KDF
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    So, first mission:
    -a series of patrols which doesn't add anything and only serves to have J'Ula gloat and introduce the new patrols to the game and bring back a certain character.

Second mission:
    -Much MUCH better compared to the first one and the twist is quite nice but not handled the best, especially considering what it means to the characters.
    Its release timing however, considering its ending, is AWFUL.

Seriously:
    You're now branded as traitors to the Alliance, especially the Empire, and even considered terrorists, the ally who believes you tells you to keep a low profile and you're now allied with J'Ula and... nothing comes from it until the next upcoming mission that may take several months to show up, welcome back to Qo'noS/ESD, have a drink, change your clothes, say "hi" to J'mpok who's still praising you in the Great Hall, all is fine and come see the First City's new lights!
    I know by nature MMOs have to allow some leniency in the story/gameplay integration, especially when it comes to main social HUBs, but this is still something egregious in that specific case. At least, remove J'mpok from the Hall unless you have unfinished missions or something like that.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    When I looked at the two Episodes, the Dual Reward Weapons were shown as Mk XI Rare. So much of a backstep compared to the Self Modulating Weapons Reward which were Mk XIV VR.

Boy, they really like to make lackluster Rewards for Featured Episodes since Discovery released.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    The Year of Klingon has begun. #HouseDivided is live on PC, bringing with it an epic new story starring J. G. Hertzler and Robert O'Reilly. Two new episodes, a new TFO, three new patrols, and much more.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11461043

I have never been a fan of Discovery but I have to congratulate Cryptic for this new patch. The 2409 Klingon uniform looks great. Something I had been asking for years. Great hair options. And l love the new episodes. I might have to create a new Klingon char just to experience the new tutorial. Again, congratulations! A job well done. I just have one question. There is a new Klingon Coat option at the tailor that doesn't seem to do anything. What is it for?
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I did enjoy the episodes, but the final twist made no sense to me.
    I (the player) am the hero of the Alliance, savior of Qo'nos, New Romulus, Earth and Empersa. Martok, his crew and at least 15 people I saved from Kitomer can proof I wasn't responsible. But one word from J'mpok and even my closest allies, Kagran and Koren, turn against me, without even letting me offer an explanation.

Oh, and big shoutout to the environmental artists. Both Khitomer space and ground were masterpieces!
  • mvaiksmvaiks Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I find very hard to relate to Discovery era... don't even consider it Star trek to be honest. It's been some hard seasons for me and I find very difficult to continue playing what makes me very sad since I play this game since the beta and have a lifetime sub...
    --- My sig begins here ---
    Member since Jan 24th 2010 (more or less)
    Career Officer
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    I have played through both missions. The updates are nice and definitely appreciated. However, I have a slight suggestion. These two missions combined, seem like they should have been split up into more missions. 4 or maybe 5 even! Longer content is a massive deterrent for me to want to rerun. Especially with such disappointing rewards.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited July 2020
    Oh no my greatest FEARs have come true, a House has become divided; how are we to end this madness?

Got to ensure my KDF are on the side of the Good House; not the corrupted side, though a tough battle awaits...
    szim wrote: »
    I (the player) am the hero of the Alliance, savior of Qo'nos, New Romulus, Earth and Empersa. Martok, his crew and at least 15 people I saved from Kitomer can proof I wasn't responsible. But one word from J'mpok and even my closest allies, Kagran and Koren, turn against me, without even letting me offer an explanation.

Oh, and big shoutout to the environmental artists. Both Khitomer space and ground were masterpieces!

Yea, I'd echo that sentiment, so on that note; I'm off to check them out...
    0zxlclk.png
  • themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User

It made some sense to me.
    Koren is a Klingon's Klingon, she's always been a loose cannon, and she's not very bright. Plus, she's the flagship captain that the player has spent the least time with. Kagran should know better, but he is also not the brightest.

Now, if Tiaru Jarok had gone bad on me, I would have been shocked. Unlike Koren, the PC and Jarok have gone through the mud together.
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    edited July 2020

Koren sides with you if you're KDF. Kagran and Shon turn on you. Again, neither of which makes sense; you served with all three of these guys in a galaxy-shaking war, for feth's sake. I mean, yes, J'mpok is the Chancellor of the Klingon Empire, but who says a Chancellor can't go psycho in a time of war and has to be taken out? I mean, Gowron, HELLO. (Somewhat fittingly given that Robert O'Reilly is now voicing Aakar!)

And wholeheartedly seconded. Now I feel kinda silly going through the entire Romulan story with the guy I boosted - he didn't get to see the Romulan changes to Khitomer. (Can you replay Turning Point? If so, I might have to consider it.)
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Twin Nanite Mek'leths. I like that we finally got another pair of twin weapons.

But this is Star Trek... "YAY! Look dual lightsabers!" This has gotten old and really needs to go away, as this is not Star Wars.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

It made some sense to me.
    Koren is a Klingon's Klingon, she's always been a loose cannon, and she's not very bright. Plus, she's the flagship captain that the player has spent the least time with. Kagran should know better, but he is also not the brightest.

Now, if Tiaru Jarok had gone bad on me, I would have been shocked. Unlike Koren, the PC and Jarok have gone through the mud together.
    It seems actually the ally that sticks to you is different. Probably faction-based. Because Koren joined my side when I played on a KDF character.

It might simply be that our faction's people know us best, due to all the stuff we did before the whole Alliance even started.

Either way, it's a big mistake to go against me. J'mpok will see that in due time.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    gilion wrote: »
    Hold up, is that Robert O'Reilly? I'd know those crazy eyes anywhere!

Yep, they've made him the captain we had to take to the Starfleet prison in the Discovery missions earlier. It's weird seeing him with the Disco scalp.
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Yeah, I went with both KDF and Fed (and I guess their allies get the same) and it depends on your allegiance (even whoever unofficially tells you J'Ula may be on the surface changes depending on your allegiance and perhaps even your faction (even though I dread to hear more from "smug emo Vorta boy")). Also, obviously, Aakar recognizes you if you're from the DSC era and some of his dialogues are different.

And even if you're KDF,
    Shon doesn't go full "TRAITOR!!" mode like Koren, but more "we're gonna keep you under protective custody until we can clear this up". ZERO excuse for Kagran, especially after his experience with the past Iconians.

Also, I find J'Ula's "change of heart" if you can even call that to be really forced since it suddenly went from "pure smug evil warmongering b*tch with no redeeming qualities" to "still evil but she does have some standards that contradict her previous actions", especially since she was trigger-happy about killing people with her mycelial weapon a few episodes ago, but now she rescues her arch-nemesis from being killed by it because "it's not a way to die".

I'm gonna take a wild guess they realized J'Ula was so one-dimensional, uninteresting and unlikable as a villain that nobody cared about her and when they go the opportunity to bring back
    J'mpok
    to relevance, along with adding fan-favorite Robert O'Reilly as a new character, they decided to try to somewhat salvage her to give her a reason to exist other than "WAR, WAR, KILL'EM ALL, MKGA!!".

Also, have you all noticed who is part of Kagran's crew with VanZyl? Yup, they found something to do with Tovan's sister.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    The new TFO was it really ness to put a 1 min 30 sec briefing right in the middle of the TFO? its right before needing to destroy 100 mining freighters
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    The new TFO was it really ness to put a 1 min 30 sec briefing right in the middle of the TFO? its right before needing to destroy 100 mining freighters

Don't forget about the couple of minutes at the very beginning while everyone just sits there waiting... for it to start.
  • inferiorityinferiority Member Posts: 3,929 Arc User
    The following items will be available to claim in Mudd’s Market section of the Zen Store, under the Bundles tab until July 16th:
    • New Title: Cryptonian
    • Platinum Discovery Era Sniper Rifle
      Once per account
    • Platinum Vanity Shield
    • Platinum Tardigrade Non-Combat Pet
    • Featured TFO Reward (3x)
      Once per account
    However, we can't claim the account wide freebies.

Look under the "Mudd's Market" > "Bundles" section for the account-wide portion.
    Totally not the place I'd have looked for it, so it took ages for me to find...

It's worth noting that the blog states these things are available until the 16th, but the ingame store item indicates only the 6th.
    - - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/
  • paddy#3322 paddy Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    I didn't care for the rewards but the missions themselves were at least interesting. Plus, they looked really good although they were a tad long and the "twist" didn't work for me. Still and all, thank you for the free content.
    RIP (2022) : Officer Wilbert Mota, Corporal Charles Galloway, Detective Jason Rivera, Officer Fernando
    Arroyos, Officer John Painter, K9 Jedi, K9 Maya, Deputy Constable Neil Adams, Officer Jorge
    David Alvarado, Sergeant Joshua Cordell, Trooper Martin Mack, Trooper Branden Sisca,
    Lieutenant William Lebo
  • thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,100 Arc User
    I'm going to assume J'mpok is from the Mirror Universe or something because I haven't got a clue what's going on anymore.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    I'm going to assume J'mpok is from the Mirror Universe or something because I haven't got a clue what's going on anymore.

Nah, this is J'mpok as he always was. The dude doesn't care about honor or that, but did what he needed to placate or get people to rally behind him and stay in power. He'll use anything to keep his Chancellor. He's a calculating TRIBBLE that puts a lot of Romulans to shame with his schemes.

He made sure to rally behind Kahless because the Emperor didn't really have any true power (so Kahless admits himself). J'mpok joined the Alliance simply because he knew that being on Starfleet's good side would make it hard to dispose of him, as he would seem legitimate. He made sure not to antagonize Martok, because Martok wouldn't move unless J'mpok gave him a reason (and Martok doesn't). He didn't want J'Ula dead because how else was he to get the myclieal weapon to work (though he has Aakar now for that).

So yeah. Definitely not the Mirror version.
  • justme2013xjustme2013x Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Could we get a clean (without STO logo text) HD wallpaper / backgrounds for STAR TREK ONLINE: HOUSE DIVIDED?
    thay8472 wrote: »

Nah, this is J'mpok as he always was. The dude doesn't care about honor or that, but did what he needed to placate or get people to rally behind him and stay in power. He'll use anything to keep his Chancellor. He's a calculating TRIBBLE that puts a lot of Romulans to shame with his schemes.

He made sure to rally behind Kahless because the Emperor didn't really have any true power (so Kahless admits himself). J'mpok joined the Alliance simply because he knew that being on Starfleet's good side would make it hard to dispose of him, as he would seem legitimate. He made sure not to antagonize Martok, because Martok wouldn't move unless J'mpok gave him a reason (and Martok doesn't). He didn't want J'Ula dead because how else was he to get the myclieal weapon to work (though he has Aakar now for that).

So yeah. Definitely not the Mirror version.
    J'mpok always had a bit of a fishy thing going. This almost seemed to much for him though. What surprises me more is the 180° on J'Ula. Did she finally read the 1,2,3 my little recent KDF History book? Tried to get this T'Ket nobody likes into an alliance and decided to look up "Iconain" afterwards? I only played with my KDF main and it was mildly confusing. I assume playing it with any other faction would... IDK; I think I postpone playing it with other factions for now.

...J'Ula... I guess she will be next Chancellor. I hope there will a bit more background to her sudden change. Its ok to not have her as a "everyone but me is a meany" villain anymore, but to know why would be neat
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Yeah, I went with both KDF and Fed (and I guess their allies get the same) and it depends on your allegiance (even whoever unofficially tells you J'Ula may be on the surface changes depending on your allegiance and perhaps even your faction (even though I dread to hear more from "smug emo Vorta boy")). Also, obviously, Aakar recognizes you if you're from the DSC era and some of his dialogues are different.

And even if you're KDF,
    Shon doesn't go full "TRAITOR!!" mode like Koren, but more "we're gonna keep you under protective custody until we can clear this up". ZERO excuse for Kagran, especially after his experience with the past Iconians.

Also, I find J'Ula's "change of heart" if you can even call that to be really forced since it suddenly went from "pure smug evil warmongering b*tch with no redeeming qualities" to "still evil but she does have some standards that contradict her previous actions", especially since she was trigger-happy about killing people with her mycelial weapon a few episodes ago, but now she rescues her arch-nemesis from being killed by it because "it's not a way to die".

I'm gonna take a wild guess they realized J'Ula was so one-dimensional, uninteresting and unlikable as a villain that nobody cared about her and when they go the opportunity to bring back
    J'mpok
    to relevance, along with adding fan-favorite Robert O'Reilly as a new character, they decided to try to somewhat salvage her to give her a reason to exist other than "WAR, WAR, KILL'EM ALL, MKGA!!".

Also, have you all noticed who is part of Kagran's crew with VanZyl? Yup, they found something to do with Tovan's sister.

My STO-senses tell me that it's going a different direction
    , that J'Ula's going to ultimately replace J'mpok as Chancellor. They are going for making J'Ula more sympathetic, with both J'Ula and J'mpok having been manipulated by Aakar