test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Year of Klingon - Part 1

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
The Year of Klingon is starting very soon. If you haven't been keeping up with #StovokorSaturday, you may have missed some of the epic updates we're doing to our Klingon content - but even if you have, there's new things here you've never seen before.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11467903

Comments

• duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    "a glass of Blood Wine" :D Yeah, I can just picture big ol' Klingon warriors holding a delicate stemmed glass of blood wine!
    A cup, mug, or stein might be a better word. ;)

But seriously, good to see the KDF get some love after all these years.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    The images are distorted for the D7 on the page because there clearly is no paywall blocking the view of it.

However it is now time for the classic meme of all time that never gets old. The Year of the Klingon is the Best Year of the Klingon EVER! AND THE FEDERATION LOVES IT!!!!
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    I don't get it.

Where are the new Starfleet ships?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    More serious note: please do include reworking melee in this Year of Klingon thing.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    More serious note: please do include reworking melee in this Year of Klingon thing.

I'm inclined to agree; if we're going to be using our bat'leths, let's make it look cool! Also, more mek'leths (I think the only one in-game is from a Martok-oriented episode?), maybe a d'k tahg or two? Hell, make it two - do like the Andorian dude with the twin ushaan'tor. Why? Because. *sage nod*
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Does that mean we will finally get 23c Klingon Bridge Officers? I am looking forward to the Legendary B'rel and D7. Here's hoping there is a Romulan skin for the D7 in that pack and that the B'rel can also be flown by Fed's, because Star Trek IV.
  • syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Someone should have but likely forgot to beg for some colors to be added to the KDF color pallet. Is it to late to ask if Klingons can get more than 50 shades of 2 drab colors to pick from in the tailor?
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    All aboard the hype train.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    The character re-works look good imo & from those angles some of the ship re-works looked good too.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I don't get it.

Where are the new Starfleet ships?

Yup, Year of Starfleet. ;)
  • nightforagernightforager Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I am really excited for the update. But I also hope that the Gorn and other vassals get some content out of this.
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    One thing I was afraid of the day we actually start getting content that people start defacing battle cruisers with bright pink colors and disco balls.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Looking good :)
    *ponders* will the Honor Guard Belt Buckle for females be fixed? It clips underneath the torso outfit. Decade old issue but one can hope while you are at it...
    *ponders* will the Honor Guard Belt Buckle for females be fixed? It clips underneath the torso outfit. Decade old issue but one can hope while you are at it...

Just as bad as the Hirogen Lobi Store helmet using the non-metallic palette where the rest of the outfit uses the metallic. We can only hope...
  • puppylee#1758 puppylee Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Why could this not wait two days? Until, y'know, the usual weekly maintenance?
    Particularly for something that anyone not playing a Klingon is going to see more than a few tiny bits of?
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    Particularly for something that anyone not playing a Klingon is going to see more than a few tiny bits of?

Because usually when a season update or expansion is added to the game it is on a Tuesday. Maintenance itself is usually on Thursdays.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.

Has the benefit of fixing the 2nd most critical bugs that sneak in in a closeby maintenance.
    I see there's an option in the tailor for "Klingon Coat"... is that supposed to mean I think it does? (Because if it does, there's nothing there, but... still.)
    TW1sr57.jpg

• xariamaxariama Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    duasyn wrote: »
    "a glass of Blood Wine" :D Yeah, I can just picture big ol' Klingon warriors holding a delicate stemmed glass of blood wine!
    A cup, mug, or stein might be a better word. ;)

But seriously, good to see the KDF get some love after all these years.
    Glass? I want the whole flipping barrel! :)

Lane Bjorn Jorgensson, Captain, ISS Voltaire

Here's a map to show how much they've screwed up the game map.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    The new forum's, log-in screen, & character(s) screen look real good, crisp images, & I like the colors.

Funny as ... with all the Liberated Borg Command Juggernaut winning messages spamming in-game.

Many thanks for the 20th anniversary Cryptic pack too!

Just initial impressions.
    The new forum's, log-in screen, & character(s) screen look real good, crisp images, & I like the colors.

Funny as ... with all the Liberated Borg Command Juggernaut winning messages spamming in-game.

Many thanks for the 20th anniversary Cryptic pack too!

Just initial impressions.

I agree with the Forum background and login screens for the game. Definitely very nice! I like the 20th Anniversary Cryptic Pack too, but there seems to be no way to claim the Platinum Shield on another character. If it was once per account, it would have been nice if they had said so, like with the Epic Discovery Phaser Rifle.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Check Promotions Tab?

Nice that the Sniper Rifle is already Mk XV Epic.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Are the items in the pack for a single character, or account wide? I have more than one character who would like to use this stuff. Would it be asking too much to get some clarification?
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Is the story going to explain why aaaaaaaakaaaaar looks like gowron cosplaying as a discoklink?

Or why Jim decided to turn the great hall on qonos into an ice rink?
    Is the story going to explain why aaaaaaaakaaaaar looks like gowron cosplaying as a discoklink?

Or why Jim decided to turn the great hall on qonos into an ice rink?

There's a blog post on the news page. Aakar is Gowron's grandfather, apparently.
    TW1sr57.jpg

• dragonhef01dragonhef01 Member Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Nice Job Cryptic: You took the D7 away from the fleet! The legendary one better be cheap(yeah right)! Fleet B'rel Can't either. Posts should be more honest about this Stuff.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    So I was finally able to get into the game, and I see the shield, pet and title are account wide. That's good.

I also see the Spec points and sniper rifle are a once per account thing. I can live with that. But I need to know, are the Spec Points and sniper rifle account bound, or do the end up character bound?

I need the spec points on a different character than I would use the rifle on. So being able to move those things would be nice. Otherwise I'm stuck with a rifle I'll never use on the spec point character, or spec points on a character that doesn't need them so they can get the rifle.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
    Nice Job Cryptic: You took the D7 away from the fleet! The legendary one better be cheap(yeah right)! Fleet B'rel Can't either. Posts should be more honest about this Stuff.

For real? Uh.. thats a low blow :/
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The 'Spec Points' are the TFO Selection Pack, giving you a Spec Point or a Lackluster Upgrade. As such, the Packs are Account Bound.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns