test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Resurrect Old Missions

zeddicuszeddzeddicuszedd Member Posts: 10 Arc User
In my opinion, one of the things that have made Star Trek Online thrive for so long is new mission content.

I think it was about 5 years ago some older missions were retired to help the larger storyline progress. I understand the objective but some excellent content was removed. These missions could be added to a separate tab outside the main story. This would allow newer players to have additional content and allow seasoned players to re-experience past content such as “The Tribble with Klingons” or “Rapier”.

Regards,
Zeddicuszedd

Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    Newer players might be surprised by how rough some of them are compared to modern content, but perhaps the tab or arc could be labeled to show they are not at the same level, for example "Archives" or "Simulations" or ...?
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,782 Arc User
    Newer players might be surprised by how rough some of them are compared to modern content, but perhaps the tab or arc could be labeled to show they are not at the same level, for example "Archives" or "Simulations" or ...?

That would be a good solution.

It's always better than removing stuff or keeping it unplayable. Those who don't wish to play it, can always ignore the content if it's properly marked as obsolete (if it's actually considered as such).
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    Some of them could be reintroduced as patrols
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,493 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I wish they would re-link some of them (like Spectres and Wastelands) to the episodes tab (as 100% skippable to address the complaints that got the arc exiled to "available" in the first place), or at least make them available at their original levels (if they can get the "available" tab to actually function right). They completely loose their relevancy stuck up at level 65 they way they are now (the Kobali missions are another set that suffers from that though not as bad as the first two since the stuff that is left in the delta season provides a sort of back way in).
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    One of my Characters has all those Cardassian and Romulan Mystery Arc removed Missions still in the Mission Log. It looks like with the Patch Notes for tomorrow, I may need to log in a KDF Character to pick up the two KDF Missions being pulled.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.