test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Plain and Simple Bundle

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,673 Community Manager
Starting tomorrow, we're releasing a special Lobi Bundle on PC celebrating one of our favorites - plain, simple Garak. Grab the Cardassian Keldon Cruiser, a Holographic Garak Bridge Officer, and more!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11467893

Comments

• syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
    Is any of it account wide unlocks?
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I was really interested in this until I saw the 1,500 Lobi price tag, which almost certainly means it will be a single character unlock. Why not put this in the C-Store and make it account-wide for a decent price?

Edit: This is what I would ideally like to see in an account-wide C-Store bundle.

Playable Cardassian Race
    Cardassian Keldon Cruiser [T6]
    Cardassian Galor Cruiser [T6]
    Advanced Spiral-Wave Disruptors [x6] with more purchased from the Dilithium Store.
    A special Elim Garak Holographic Bridge Officer
    3 Cardassian Bridge Officers (very rare), one Tac, Eng, and Sci.
    Cardassian uniform and badge available for all factions.
    5 Gold Tech Upgrades
    New Titles: Plain and Simple / Obsidian Order

Not too sure on the price as a suggestion, but lately, I think I have seen the value in the Legendary Bundles, so... 8,000 ZEN?
  • mazujiemazujie Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    I was really interested in this until I saw the 1,500 Lobi price tag, which almost certainly means it will be a single character unlock. Why not put this in the C-Store and make it account-wide for a decent price?

Edit: This is what I would ideally like to see in an account-wide C-Store bundle.

Playable Cardassian Race
    Cardassian Keldon Cruiser [T6]
    Cardassian Galor Cruiser [T6]
    Advanced Spiral-Wave Disruptors [x6] with more purchased from the Dilithium Store.
    A special Elim Garak Holographic Bridge Officer
    3 Cardassian Bridge Officers (very rare), one Tac, Eng, and Sci.
    Cardassian uniform and badge available for all factions.
    5 Gold Tech Upgrades
    New Titles: Plain and Simple / Obsidian Order

Not too sure on the price as a suggestion, but lately, I think I have seen the value in the Legendary Bundles, so... 8,000 ZEN?

This would be a nice bundle!
    I bought some free ZEN ship tokens a while back and since then nothing new comes to the ZEN store, would be nice if we could use them on those bundles aswell.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    The Keldon Cruiser is a good sturdy ship with good console, trait, & weapons.

If I already have the Galor, since it has the same stats as the Keldon, all I'm gaining is the console passives, trait, & ship-skin.

The Elim Garak Holo' BOFF which has traits: Mental Discipline (Ground), Photographic Memory (Space), Superior Covert (Ground), & Superior Photonic Lifeform (Ground), imo should've had (2) Space & (2) Ground traits.

(5) "Gold" Tech Upgrades??? Has Cryptic ever just called them "gold" like that? What are they? Are they the Ultimate Upgrades, Omega, Event Buyback, or something new?

Presuming this pack will only be for (1) character.

If it were account-wide unlock it would definitely deserve some more deliberation.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    Wow. This deal is a lemon from the jump. Minus 1, PW/Cryptic. 🍋 👎
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,276 Arc User
    The Keldon Cruiser is a good sturdy ship with good console, trait, & weapons.

If I already have the Galor, since it has the same stats as the Keldon, all I'm gaining is the console passives, trait, & ship-skin.

The Elim Garak Holo' BOFF which has traits: Mental Discipline (Ground), Photographic Memory (Space), Superior Covert (Ground), & Superior Photonic Lifeform (Ground), imo should've had (2) Space & (2) Ground traits.

(5) "Gold" Tech Upgrades??? Has Cryptic ever just called them "gold" like that? What are they? Are they the Ultimate Upgrades, Omega, Event Buyback, or something new?

Presuming this pack will only be for (1) character.

If it were account-wide unlock it would definitely deserve some more deliberation.

while assuming ANYTHING with cryptic is an extremely dangerous move...i have never once seen any type of upgrade kit except ultimates in these types of packs, so that's what i'm going to assume they are until notified otherwise​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    It's usually a 20% discount so either 1200 or 1500 lobi.
    The other cardassians ships are nice and the Garak Boff looks interesting, but i am doubtful about this investment.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • sgtfloydpepper#7911 sgtfloydpepper Member Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    Meh.

thats-gonna-be-a-no-for-me-dog-gif-1.gif
    1xe027q.png
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    As others have said, if the items (Ship & BOff only) were account unlocks it might garner a more favorable response from the players. As it is likely a single character unlock, I have zero interest in it.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    I would buy it... but i still dont have the 1000 lobi from the event.. 200 points missing
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    Don't ever buy a lobi ship or item with lobi, their exchange prices are much lower than the value of the keys that went into them. Sell keys. Buy items. ;)
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    thetanine wrote: »
    Don't ever buy a lobi ship or item with lobi, their exchange prices are much lower than the value of the keys that went into them. Sell keys. Buy items. ;)

Don't tell players what to do. If someone wants to buy a lobi ship or item with lobi, so be it.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Well, a lot of players might have already managed to get their 1,000 Lobi... Guess this bundle is a way to remove all that excess Lobi again ;)

Probably going to pass. The sad truth is that I have way too many specialty BOFFs already. And the Keldon and Galor are okay ships, but they just don't have enough customization options for my taste.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I already have Garak from the DS9 BOFF bundle, he's pretty nice actually.
    That said, the only Cardie ship I'm missing of significance is the Keldon. The rest I have from the Gamma pack.

If the Keldon was account-wide, I'd get it in a heartbeat.

EDIT: Just checked, "Plain and Simple" is indeed not a "new" title, I have it. Probably from the Gamma pack too.
    As usual, the blog posts are wrong... maybe they should be removed too. ;)
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • goroshinorigoroshinori Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    If Garak and the ship were account wide unlocks I would get this if we got a good lobi sale during the promo. Garak should have had two usable space traits or all ground traits. As previous posters pointed out there is some overlap with the Gamma pack.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Saw it on the launcher and assumed muggs market.

Apparently I was mistaken and greedonomics is being pushed further into gamblebox territory by making this a whopping 1500 lobi for what is likely a per character purchase. The absence of that important nugget of information screams that it won't be account but they're too scared (unlikely ashamed) to admit to openly.
  • gaming1ogregaming1ogre Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I saw the title got a bit excited. Here is something I want to buy. Then I started reading and saw lobi. That was the deal breaker. If this hits the zen store, then I'll buy it. Not till then.
  • haamre00haamre00 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    We've started the year with the Legendary Pack, which was actually quite nice bang for the buck (or however you Americans say it :wink: ).
    10 ships, for 19500 zen = 1950 zen per ship, discounted, and 2950 when not.

Since then, we've gotten things like:

1. The Legendary Warbird pack, which brought the classic light warbird at the insane price of either 6k zen, or 12k zen - for one ship.

2. Mudd's Timeship Pack - which brought 7 ships, though wihout any additional work put into adding something "unique" and "special", as it was with the legendary ships - for either ~2070 zen or ~4215 zen per ship.

3. Missed opportunity with the Ships of the Line pack being just a bundle-up of all previous tiers of the Akira, instead of providing a Legendary upgrade - and thus opening the possibility to both: give the "legendary" treatment for many more chosen T6 ships, and to provide the incentive to people who already own this particular T6 ship. Again though, at 4020/6k zen for just a regular copy-pasted T6 (&lower tiers), the value seems "questionable".

4. Exceeding the 1k lobi level, for (correct me, if I'm wrong) the 1st time ever? Can't remember which ship it was, but I think the price was set to 1200 lobi, wasn't it?

Overall, this seem to be a somewhat downward course taken by Cryptic, which begs the question - if there will ever be a KDF and/or Romulan Legendary pack created, will it provide the same levels of value for the players like the FED one did, or will it be just a blatant rush for the players money, with a copy-paste stance taken again...?
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I'd rather have a Cardassian faction. Preferably with more character options than only a male JemHadar Cardassian.

I'm surprised that we got whatever the Dominion fraction is supposed to be over a already talked over the years Cardassian Fraction which could also have had Beta Quad JH's and Dom ships included. :|
  • puppylee#1758 puppylee Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Well if it was a Zen thing, or there were other ways to get Lobi, it might be good.
    Unfortunately I can see so many people ignoring and passing this over, meaning it's not good.
    sthe91 wrote: »

Don't tell players what to do. If someone wants to buy a lobi ship or item with lobi, so be it.

Alright. Go ahead and spend way more real-life money than you need to on coded pixels. I agree with you. It's everyone's right to be unwise.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'm surprised that the stats for the ship wasn't posted in the blog, since the ship's available the next day.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »

Alright. Go ahead and spend way more real-life money than you need to on coded pixels. I agree with you. It's everyone's right to be unwise.

Those who wish to purchase it with Lobi are not unwise. You have given them another option if they so choose.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    I'm surprised that the stats for the ship wasn't posted in the blog, since the ship's available the next day.

That maybe because it is not a new ship, but one from Infinity Lockbox (and I think the ship is around 3-4 years old from old Cardassian-Dominion Lockbox).

Here are the stats from STO Wiki:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Cardassian_Keldon_Cruiser
    reyan01 wrote: »

Not really! At least in my opinion. 1,200 Lobi for a single character unlock still seems like it is priced way too high. I wonder what they will go for on the Exchange, if they are tradeable/sellable.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Looking ingame, everything except for the Ship is account unlockable.

The tradeable part for the ship is the giveaway it's a once per character deal.
  • lordconn#9249 lordconn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I would have bought if it included the playable Cardassian race. I really don't have much room for another holo celebrity bridge officer.
  • lordconn#9249 lordconn Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    I'd rather have a Cardassian faction. Preferably with more character options than only a male JemHadar Cardassian.

I'm surprised that we got whatever the Dominion fraction is supposed to be over a already talked over the years Cardassian Fraction which could also have had Beta Quad JH's and Dom ships included. :|

If they won't run the Romulans as a separate faction, no way will you see a Cardassian or Dominion faction. What ever they do, you will still be faced with a Fed or Klingon choice at some point.
    questerius wrote: »
    It's usually a 20% discount so either 1200 or 1500 lobi.
    The other cardassians ships are nice and the Garak Boff looks interesting, but i am doubtful about this investment.

If you happen to have 400 million EC. That is what they were going for last night when I picked one up on the Exchange.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I would have bought if it included the playable Cardassian race. I really don't have much room for another holo celebrity bridge officer.

That would've been a good addition that would've made this bundle more enticing at Cryptic's price point.