test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Plain and Simple Lobi Bundle

eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    That's a nice bundle for a Cardassian or Alien-Cardassian character.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    1500 lobi feels pretty expensive for a T6 Infinity ship and a holo boff, which I assume will be a one-character unlock.
    edited June 2020
    szim wrote: »
    1500 lobi feels pretty expensive for a T6 Infinity ship and a holo boff, which I assume will be a one-character unlock.

If you look at the exchange, lock box ship prices are 2-3 times lobi ship prices so it matches that. In cash monies that's around $40-50 vs. around $120.

Gamble-boxing, openning 250 lock boxes gets you one guaranteed lobi ship and a 67% chance at getting one or more lock box ships.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User

If you look at the exchange, lock box ship prices are 2-3 times lobi ship prices so it matches that. In cash monies that's around $40-50 vs. around $120.

Gamble-boxing, openning 250 lock boxes gets you one guaranteed lobi ship and a 67% chance at getting one or more lock box ships.

That may be so. But if you compare this offer (a T6 Infinity ship) to previous ones, like the Tzenkethi Dreadnought Carrier (R&D promo ship), which was sold for 1200 lobi with a 20% discount (960 lobi), it doesn't seem particularly good.

That may be so. But if you compare this offer (a T6 Infinity ship) to previous ones, like the Tzenkethi Dreadnought Carrier (R&D promo ship), which was sold for 1200 lobi with a 20% discount (960 lobi), it doesn't seem particularly good.

Fair point. It's a discount, but if you don't care about the Garak boff then it's not as good as the promo pack ship for lobi sales.
  • miirikmiirik Member Posts: 483 Arc User
    Oh wow a bundle for Garak and a Keldon, I love Garak and I been wanting a Keldon for YEARRRS.
    >lobi
    OK I don't like it but how much?
    >1500 lobi
    ok well nevermind :\
  • solidshark214solidshark214 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    Oh, for goodness' sake. Another limited-time bundle, with a time limit so short only those who already have the resources--or the money to buy it in a big freaking hurry--can get it?

Cryptic, your business practices this year are starting to become rather... annoying.
  • c0nsic0nsi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Could we stop calling this products a 'bundle'...you can't buy anything in this 'bundle' on it's own, so there was nothing 'bundled', it's a 'take all or GTFO'-Product, and the only thing which would remotly make it a 'bundle' is the fact that it contains more than one item.
    The only reson there is more than 1 thing in those 'bundels' is the fact that most of the ones that have been released contain stuff people most likely would not buy if it was seperate. And this was done to inflate the price.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Would have been nice if they added the Cardassian uniform too.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    I misread, apparently.

I thought it was 1500 Zen. That would have been worth considering (I've never used my Damar class ship much - of course, in general, 1500 Zen for a bundle that includes would be a very good deal indeed).

1500 lobi? No way. Unique character boffs aren't that interesting to me. Their lack of customisation options and because I think it's just weird having a hologram based off a real person means that I don't really care for these.

5 gold upgrades are not worth that much lobi.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • diocletian#7546 diocletian Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    I have had an interest in starting up a Cardassian character for awhile. I wanted either a Galor or Keldon for that character. The T6 Cardassian intel ships do not interest me. Also, Garak is one of my very favorite characters in Star Trek.

I also have the Lobi and nothing in the Lobi store currently interests me. Nothing I want to spend it on. I was actually hoping a Cardassian Galor was offered in there at some point.

I can do this without spending any money, only the Lobi I have banked up.

So for me personally, this plain and simple bundle hits all the right spots for me to buy it with the 1500 Lobi I have.

I bet if I get the Keldon from this bundle, I can put a Galor skin on it. I want to go with the theme of a Cardassian crew getting an old Dominion War Galor out of mothballs and getting it running again. Old Garak hologram comes along as a mentor/advisor.

I am actually pretty excited about it!
    edited June 2020
    c0nsi wrote: »
    Could we stop calling this products a 'bundle'...you can't buy anything in this 'bundle' on it's own, so there was nothing 'bundled', it's a 'take all or GTFO'-Product, and the only thing which would remotely make it a 'bundle' is the fact that it contains more than one item.
    The only reason there is more than 1 thing in those 'bundels' is the fact that most of the ones that have been released contain stuff people most likely would not buy if it was seperate. And this was done to inflate the price.

Sorry, but that is the meaning of the word: "a collection of things or quantity of material tied or wrapped up together.
    "a thick bundle of envelopes""

Your personal definition of "stuff sold separately now sold together" is just that -- a personal definition that you came up with on your own.

Also, you can get the Keldon on its own, in the Infinity lock box.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    Well counts me out don’t have 1500 lobi should have just made it a bundle
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I have had an interest in starting up a Cardassian character for awhile. I wanted either a Galor or Keldon for that character. The T6 Cardassian intel ships do not interest me. Also, Garak is one of my very favorite characters in Star Trek.

I also have the Lobi and nothing in the Lobi store currently interests me. Nothing I want to spend it on. I was actually hoping a Cardassian Galor was offered in there at some point.

I can do this without spending any money, only the Lobi I have banked up.

So for me personally, this plain and simple bundle hits all the right spots for me to buy it with the 1500 Lobi I have.

I bet if I get the Keldon from this bundle, I can put a Galor skin on it. I want to go with the theme of a Cardassian crew getting an old Dominion War Galor out of mothballs and getting it running again. Old Garak hologram comes along as a mentor/advisor.

I am actually pretty excited about it!

The Galor is part of the Gamma mega bundle and the Cardassian intel ship bundle even though it is a T5/U which would make the ship account-wide unlock
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    The Keldon Cruiser is a good sturdy ship with good console, trait, & weapons.

If I already have the Galor, since it has the same stats as the Keldon, all I'm gaining is the console passives, trait, & ship-skin.

The Elim Garak Holo' BOFF which has traits: Mental Discipline (Ground), Photographic Memory (Space), Superior Covert (Ground), & Superior Photonic Lifeform (Ground), imo should've had (2) Space & (2) Ground traits.

(5) "Gold" Tech Upgrades??? Has Cryptic ever just called them "gold" like that? What are they? Are they the Ultimate Upgrades, Omega, Event Buyback, or something new?

Presuming this pack will only be for (1) character.

If it were account-wide unlock it would definitely deserve some more deliberation.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User

(5) "Gold" Tech Upgrades??? Has Cryptic ever just called them "gold" like that? What are they? Are they the Ultimate Upgrades, Omega, Event Buyback, or something new?

This was my first question. There's never been anything called a "Gold Tech Upgrade" before, so just what the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot are we talking about here? If they mean Ultimate, why didn't they say so?
    edited June 2020

This was my first question. There's never been anything called a "Gold Tech Upgrade" before, so just what the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot are we talking about here? If they mean Ultimate, why didn't they say so?

If only they hadn't seen those PSAs....

"Son, where did you learn about Jube?"
    "I learned it from you Dad. I learned it from youuuu!"

Proofreading: Not even once.

It's not normal for an event to end in Jube.
    On typo it is.

Proofreading: Not even once.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    So when is proofreading a thing around here anyway?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    So when is proofreading a thing around here anyway?

I'd vote to legalize and tax Proofreading in all 50 states, for recreational use not just professional.

It's been legal here in Washington state since 2012 and the kids have not succumbed to reformat madness.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator

I would assume its Ultimate Tech Upgrades. Only ones I can think of that would qualify as "gold".
    I'd vote to legalize and tax Proofreading in all 50 states, for recreational use not just professional.

It's been legal here in Washington state since 2012 and the kids have not succumbed to reformat madness.

Problem is we got that dumb "Common Core" Math that makes simple problems take so much longer. Not only that, parents can't help their kids because its a different system than the parents learned! AND IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE EITHER! You have to ADD to Subract? Wut? And that whole grid nonsense? WTF! What was wrong with the math that EVERYONE ELSE LEARNED?! You get the same answer so much faster!

Anyways...
    [/soapbox]
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I don't personally believe that this 'bundle' is a good deal and I won't partake. If it was an account unlock, that might be another issue.. but 1500 Lobi for a single character unlock is too steep in my opinion.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • c0nsic0nsi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    c0nsi wrote: »
    Could we stop calling this products a 'bundle'...you can't buy anything in this 'bundle' on it's own, so there was nothing 'bundled', it's a 'take all or GTFO'-Product, and the only thing which would remotely make it a 'bundle' is the fact that it contains more than one item.
    The only reason there is more than 1 thing in those 'bundels' is the fact that most of the ones that have been released contain stuff people most likely would not buy if it was seperate. And this was done to inflate the price.

Sorry, but that is the meaning of the word: "a collection of things or quantity of material tied or wrapped up together.
    "a thick bundle of envelopes""

Your personal definition of "stuff sold separately now sold together" is just that -- a personal definition that you came up with on your own.

Also, you can get the Keldon on its own, in the Infinity lock box.

It's less a 'collection of things' and more 'we taped a bunch of stuff on that one thing you want, to inflate the price', thats whats bothering me.
    Regeardless of the actual definition, bundles are normaly a deal. Those things are not.

It's like buying a car, but you can't buy the car, you have to take the bundle which includes vouchers for an overpriced restaurant on the other side of the earth (you have absolutly no intention of ever visiting) and some astroid rocks you don't care about, and you have to pay double the price of the car (and you can't sell the things you don't want).
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,478 Arc User
    Yeeaaaahh.

Cryptic, even I am going to say the lobi price for this bundle is a bit much. While I dont know myself what i would think a decent price for this bundle would be. I did a spittake when i saw the news this morning when i woke up a few hours ago.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,754 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    all I want is Garak.

How romantic :p
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    This bundle doesn't make any sense. None of it is worth 1500 lobi. The Keldon while yes a decent ship, isn't worth that much, They've sold Promo ships for 1200 lobi and those 2 were very good ships. The garak boff isn't anything special honestly, its a meh boff that they gave out for free at conventions before. The tech upgrades while pretty good are not something I or anyone I have spoken to would ever spend that much lobi on. And the title? Titles have been useless for years. (I still miss using titles on the forums)

Its just kind of baffling, I don't see this bundle selling well at all. Its like it was made to repulse people from obtaining it. This should have been a mudd's Market bundle it honestly would have been a pretty good deal there.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Would have been nice if they added the Cardassian uniform too.

Well Cardassian characters have the Cardassian uniform...so it probably wasn't a priority or they want it to stay exclusive.
  • overkilltbpoverkilltbp Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    Looks like a trap for people that might have gotten 1000 lobi reward to be suckered into buying.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @davefenestrator said:
    > (Quote)
    > It's not normal for an event to end in Jube.

The Event is ending on Jubeteenth. ;)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.