test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Legendary T'Liss Trait Does Not Work With Intel Team

forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
First time posting in these forums and I accidentally posted this report in the wrong place. Ovric from your team encouraged me to post this here.

My original post in the wrong place:
Hello STO team.

I would like to inform you that the Legendary T'Liss trait, Assault Formation Theta's current description seems to indicate that it works with all cloaks. I've tested this with the Intelligence Team and it does not work with it and therefore think you that perhaps you overlooked that Intel Team is listed as a cloak currently in its description, or you think Intel Team functions like Masked Energy Signature. If it is the later - which is what I'm thinking you think - you really should change Intel Team's current description and make it basically another Masked Energy Signature.

Now if it is supposed to work with both Intel Team AND Masked Energy Signature - as MES is supposed to act as a cloak - then unfortunately it does neither.

Just thought I should let you know in either case.

Take care,
Dorian (a.k.a. ForTheGamer)

ZaC8eTkwXUMeqWkQfiIq78oIn?token=eyJhbGciOiJkaXIiLCJlbmMiOiJBMTI4Q0JDLUhTMjU2In0..RQvv_r_l7YwnGsG10qcKzQ.mz2H9WYGmAUxKHdCwRuBsoGYuBuzAkn5Jasbt6UTh_7T8ZIMntiTRQxF16_2Vox-HNi5_lM23rP5wpNj0yJuDdxEKaXjvwGr41gtRFzNb1-f9zUPcPWRBo4WA1JOKttazWMUeTucWB3S9KiqCBCKBcW6Mp7b9NsfX24W7CE682QDsc_dlQ7SdPm4UcDmnITzEQC1I4WNJ2sgOJLNzp8mGCWtLnWOPNAZdKsqpycAWr1Sl7lG3HyoDdjqqTiNMfl7OaOb8V7fJqRRzVZ2okzwKDPk-7fgPWOKAo45j1t70dk.jizVFGbc1rOTzKV6y0G3Lw
EorCn685mhKDxoLzwNHCkrl9H?token=eyJhbGciOiJkaXIiLCJlbmMiOiJBMTI4Q0JDLUhTMjU2In0.._6BvEnf18oGHaf8-IWus2w.d_tkrzcyY7U6G8liztM_bzCOgMHCOQuMfQKCRagDjQAsPaCOJyY3XDCmPzXrWrDJVSdHPJMm-ZZ8xY3GSj1-x-MvzYMksh6L52vR_CXIg-QRzdG7vs4IIMkXIlZnXmtGOjoi2PrztcufTH4BkR8pf6J27fpVAvs8nkHyDqtQorjgiCsLrgpQtWskgJxQaRePzbwS2Vj_FI13yuZ2VSq2qLd5cxkkd1C4bp7p_R2iB7zgz9EZ08ggHYpcZx0tUAImUHSCH58XA7Y--wrVcB3fcW9jYSbuhOyVmWfsQexMLnk.pt_vqLw5o4aVy4CCFn7kwg
EG0EDovIqRRIe3NhSpkuw5OOY?token=eyJhbGciOiJkaXIiLCJlbmMiOiJBMTI4Q0JDLUhTMjU2In0..KTrQqmzKH4jlzuFk4ze6nA.z7nEqAHmwsJe24WZFmh_EIlcmkYd6qzPPROLxe1yoNRR03H_ddBxNnwKdN4UufIITvO4bLRz463m9PvmJ66rYohW5ocvGJ532w5PlEy5weG4ptNHXCo9rMu40YB0c74_uYcdbhoCDI5sGBnTKAFyCfu19ciZds5RTe9rYs5vAoDdvvG79fcOSLRD5WQmmXIPtF89VoW1lYkjOvyVoZGKVfA5eCp8cjOUyTACPpkP1tEJXE3d3RPLbDnYDrYQzdFmgTKJY_QyyXuA1KgQl-Sbh4dpaG-s6HhcFdP-nrpYG4g.vM5FZsz0mr9WCxO81l-VSA
pYln7VmvBXvv4UrqMrNUbGIEf?token=eyJhbGciOiJkaXIiLCJlbmMiOiJBMTI4Q0JDLUhTMjU2In0..UFZYgMJrSlgsYdJ3isSo9w.WoScg_Iig3FgjefiaUqkgOby6nTloCgsKboOS2l7mpqyTBPY9Q5OfKFsFxH9Xeilhx1tVBkG-fpDy1SdLcHN4zmIT-GKkoGWF965bQOuW_DFLDnZ1WWeVumbEo3ShfzQ_7vlEmnfp7UhAsssdLrAIGH_nV5LfTrmQ8IR6vJUCuZFkMpJlOA8nHfUxpDxlNjrAgDjHOHP4V5VrDKC2g4UXaAL2xFer3nJ3TVrKfXnczHlo-XEK4b-eI5E_yn1tH-T2X-3p9XtIEEjWGFAvsKTWkSqMw9SdYbaGEkeEE3I8HA.8v0cghrkA10jvxyusgj1YQ

I'd like to add since Ovric passed along this message already, here's hoping we get a fix for whichever bug it is. I'm going to assume it as the title I had for the original message. That this is actually supposed to work with Intel Team like I thought it should.

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,464 Arc User
    I do not see the photos.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    Sorry about that. I'll just provide google links because at this point it is better than me trying. Again sorry.

First picture is before Intel Team is used:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1o-XYYeghVtRr0u9SU7ZIlOHHjhor71bJ/view?usp=sharing

Second picture shows Intel Team is used and cloak has been engaged:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iq8Y3E1yIprOrtv7edqVbXd7fYqf5Wt9/view?usp=sharing

Third picture is after the timer expires and cloak is disengaged:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zQGfC25O0x3WsVLecwvnwKi7mT2G_J1C/view?usp=sharing

Fourth is to show that Intel Team's description does indicate it is listed as a cloak and while it only functions as a cloak for a second, it still acts like a cloak as indicated in picture two:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kEsQ1c1kOHn5et_fXySidBtX4PaarF_G/view?usp=sharing

Before someone comes along and goes "that's ESD", yes. I realize that a more optimal idea would've been to do it against real ships, but when I posted this was late at night and it was the last thing I was doing when I logged off.

Oh and it doesn't work on the various ships I tried: Legendary T'Liss, Glenn, Kelvin Intel (in screenshots) and Guardian. So that's why I'm thinking it is the trait rather than the ship.
  • Options
    redwatchmanredwatchman Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I’ve never treated Intel team like a cloak or thought it was. To me it’s a superior mask energy signatures that works in combat. I wouldn’t expect it to trigger the trait.
  • Options
    Doesn’t mask energy signatures give you the transparent ship effect too? It’s been a long time since I bothered with that power.
  • Options
    I’ve never treated Intel team like a cloak or thought it was. To me it’s a superior mask energy signatures that works in combat. I wouldn’t expect it to trigger the trait.
    If you take a look at the Intel Team activation in my second google link, you'll see that it functions as a cloak with all the cloaking traits. Therefore it should trigger it.

Honestly though, I would have it function with Masked Energy Signature as well (I tested, it does not). Masked Energy Signature has nothing really going for it and this would give it some utility. Plus also allow every single ship out there to use the trait, as you'd only need the Ensign skill to fire it off.

Plus if you've got both, you could have Masked Energy Signature, Intel Team, Attack Pattern Omega and a cloak, while just launching so many High Yields. It would be fun for days. Add in Entwined Tactical Matrices for Fire At Will and Torpedo Spread
    for pew-pew-boom-boom and you are the hero ship indeed.
    Doesn’t mask energy signatures give you the transparent ship effect too? It’s been a long time since I bothered with that power.

ael9ic2u9mkx.jpg
    -Borrowed from Reddit user MajorDakka-

This is what masked energy signature looks like. As you can see, it darkens the hull, but is still 'visible' unlike cloaking which makes things transparent with the green outlines. Intel Team as shown in my second google link shows it uses the cloaking look and functions like a cloak.

If I had to guess what I think is the bug is, my guess is that the cloak lasts a single second in combat (more outside it seems) and doesn't have a trigger to force off the cloak. With the other cloaks, you disengage it. Whereas Intel Team just disengages itself and therefore doesn't trigger the trait.
  • Options
    only with 5000+ stealth is counted as cloak. maybe with trait: Exitus Acta Probat it could work? on consoles we dont have that ship yet.
  • Options
    Intel Team has never triggered any of my cloak effects. I wouldn't expect it to trigger cloaking effects because it's not a cloaking device. Regardless of flavor text, it isn't actually a cloaking device.

I'd be more concerned with actual cloaking devices not triggering cloak effects like the Voth cloak not triggering warp shadow or the cloak on the new t'liss not triggering concealed repairs.