test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New event reward: Red Angel suit

13»

Comments

• vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,853 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I'm betting the emp will NOT affect the borg. I think it's the Delta set that has an EMP and the Borg laugh point at you and keep coming.

more disturbing is the timing... hello? summer event?
    Spock.jpg

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    Summer Event will probably kick off after the Red Angel. Gives Consoles time to finish their current event too as Cryptic apparently wants to launch Summer at the same time for both platforms.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Here is today's twitch stream previewing the suit:

Not sure why it's saying there is a problem with the link, but click the word "twitch" in the bottom right corner to to go the video.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,005 Community Moderator
    Might want to wait for the cliffnotes thread as your video is borked.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Might want to wait for the cliffnotes thread as your video is borked.

See edit above. Just click the word "twitch" in the bottom right corner.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    blog wrote:
    In Star Trek: Discovery, the Red Angel Suit was a powerful device capable of traveling through time by thousands of years. Now, Khitomer Alliance scientists, with the help of the Excalbian construct Michael Burnham, have managed to recreate some of the functionality of the original suit to outfit their officers. The Time Crystals necessary to travel far through time weren’t possible to recreate, but the suit itself was. Powerful and versatile, it functions as standard combat armor until its special properties are needed. These properties, referred to as Red Angel Mode, can only be used for a short while before the systems must recharge.

Leads me to believe its not an EV suit.

Confirmed from Cryptic's 10 Forward live stream earlier, it is NOT an EV suit. Apparently they considered it, but with the RA's multiple functions already not sure they could swing it. Good to know canon isn't as important as they've claimed in the past. It still looks nice though with lots of flashy bits. It does look good & has cool animations. It does phaser damage too which is ... yawn.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    blog wrote:
    In Star Trek: Discovery, the Red Angel Suit was a powerful device capable of traveling through time by thousands of years. Now, Khitomer Alliance scientists, with the help of the Excalbian construct Michael Burnham, have managed to recreate some of the functionality of the original suit to outfit their officers. The Time Crystals necessary to travel far through time weren’t possible to recreate, but the suit itself was. Powerful and versatile, it functions as standard combat armor until its special properties are needed. These properties, referred to as Red Angel Mode, can only be used for a short while before the systems must recharge.

Leads me to believe its not an EV suit.

Confirmed from Cryptic's 10 Forward live stream earlier, it is NOT an EV suit. Apparently they considered it, but with the RA's multiple functions already not sure they could swing it. Good to know canon isn't as important as they've claimed in the past. It still looks nice though with lots of flashy bits. It does look good & has cool animations. It does phaser damage too which is ... yawn.
    Game balance always trumps "canon" and there's plenty of outfits that look like they should be EV suits but aren't. Of the functions of the Red Angel suit "is an EV suit" is in fact one of the lesser things and also not really something critical to add for a combat prespective either, you got remember that all game devs need to make compromises with the source material and the needs of the game not just Cryptic.

I mean Azeroth in WoW is but a fraction of the Azeroth in lore or in WC1-WC3 due lore correct Azeroth being way too big for good gameplay and Blizzard has way more resources then Cryptic and Warcraft is their own IP so unlike Cryptic, Blizzard doesn't have to deal with the IP owner either.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    My personal opinion on the Mayan Calendar is that they just ran out of room on the stone.

I mean, who has a calendar on his wall that lasts for centuries?

The poor guys making the calendar just figured they could always make a new one if the current one was going to run out... They didn't expect the European invaders. (If they had, the calender would probably have been shorter.)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    My personal opinion on the Mayan Calendar is that they just ran out of room on the stone.

The poor guys making the calendar just figured they could always make a new one if the current one was going to run out... They didn't expect the European invaders. (If they had, the calender would probably have been shorter.)
    From what I've heard making a new calendar was essentially what was suppose to happen with the Mayan way of counting time being cyclical and when a calendar ended a new cycle was started.
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User

May be only very few Mayans were actually capable or privileged with making/reading calendars. Different culture, also figuring out date and time was much more difficult back then.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    May be only very few Mayans were actually capable or privileged with making/reading calendars. Different culture, also figuring out date and time was much more difficult back then.
    Their date system was actually very similar to ours. day/month/year... that 2012 nonsense was actually the ending of their equivalent of a millennium, not the ending point of the calendar. The number of digits they used to write dates was based on the number of digits needed to make a number of that size.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • athan#5519 athan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    I just want the wings for one of my toons and their boffs. I don't really need the powers it has. I'm hoping there are some tailor options for it for our captains.
    athan#5519 wrote: »
    I just want the wings for one of my toons and their boffs. I don't really need the powers it has. I'm hoping there are some tailor options for it for our captains.

When you complete the event and get the suit it does unlock tailor options. Unfortunately it is in it's own tab so can't be mixed with other parts :| (unless they have changed it since the livestream)

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,211 Arc User
    > @thegrandnagus1 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > When you complete the event and get the suit it does unlock tailor options. Unfortunately it is in it's own tab so can't be mixed with other parts :| (unless they have changed it since the livestream)

Just means you have to tailor hack it. Its fallen out of style in recent years but occasionally you still see tailor TRIBBLE players.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    westx211 wrote: »
    > @thegrandnagus1 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > When you complete the event and get the suit it does unlock tailor options. Unfortunately it is in it's own tab so can't be mixed with other parts :| (unless they have changed it since the livestream)

Just means you have to tailor hack it. Its fallen out of style in recent years but occasionally you still see tailor TRIBBLE players.

Some of those may just be people who have outfits they made back when, that they haven't edited since. (I've got a few characters with outfits I made with the regular tailor, but can't be made anymore. Like when you could use other belts to get rid of the Orion loincloth.)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yea, no EV suit is confirmed in an earlier stream, seems more like an Armor / Outfit. I guess we'll see more tomorrow... :o
    0zxlclk.png
    athan#5519 wrote: »

When you complete the event and get the suit it does unlock tailor options. Unfortunately it is in it's own tab so can't be mixed with other parts :| (unless they have changed it since the livestream)

Still thanks! I do have one captain (and boffs) that could use the suit so that's awesome!
    kiralyn wrote: »
    to get rid of the Orion loincloth.)

They should just do away with the forced equip loincloth. I have a boff that I don't want a loincloth on her, instead I rather use a cape with their Orion outfit (So I can make Naga the White Serpent.)

Also, nice KOS-MOS avatar! (Another one of my android boffs)
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    Just noticed that the Red Angel suit cannot be used on Boffs. Really?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    questerius wrote: »

Do you mean the actual item or the costume unlocks in the tailor?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

Do you mean the actual item or the costume unlocks in the tailor?

The actual item. IMO it would be interesting to have a boff with those powers, but i honestly cannot see myself using this suit after some initial testing.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    It's pretty lame that it has a limited duration and a pretty long cooldown between uses. I wouldn't mind it being weaker if it was something I could keep active all the time.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    For giggles, I checked out the Buyout Price. 6,000 Zen. Are they crazy?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    > @ltminns said:
    > For giggles, I checked out the Buyout Price. 6,000 Zen. Are they crazy?

They aren't, but the people that buy it are :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    For giggles, I checked out the Buyout Price. 6,000 Zen. Are they crazy?

Yeah, that was a surprise too.. i expected at least 3000... at that price i was thinking about it.. but at 6k?, no way!
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Goes hand in hand with their trolling with this 20% Sale also applying to Mudd's Market. Sorry but, 'There will, without warning, be drastic sales on these items, so it’s important to check the Market every day to see if the item you’re seeking is on sale!', loses its luster at 20%, 50%, or even 60% discount at these 'List' Prices.

If 60% is going to be the new best sale in Mudd's they need to cut the 'List' Price of all items in there in half. That would keep the discounted price the same as the current 'List' with 80% sales.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    I am not real thrilled with the idea of the Red Angel suit. Now, to be clear, I am not criticising Cryptic; I am saying that the idea, as portrayed in ST Disco, didn't really appeal to me all that much. It was fun to watch, but I have no desire to suffer what Michael's mom suffered, watching everything you care about die, over and over and over.

I am, of course, doing the event anyhow. I'm a sucker for events :blush:
This discussion has been closed.