test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

In the Time of He-man is Eternia a Post apocalyptic Society? Spoilers for Season 5 She-Ra

ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
I have a Theory that might make sense to some. I Just finished watching season 5 of She-Ra and the Princesses of Power and they Explained the word GraySkull for every-time when Adora calls out "For the Honer of GraySkull" is basically a code word this was proven in Episode "Return to the Fright Zone" were Bows Fathers shout the words For the Honer of GraySkull witch shows the map to the Fall Safe that will unbound Ether's Heart and Restore the Magic to Ethera. and " Heart Part 1" Horde Prime Explained what happen to the "First Once" how he so called Defeated them but he also goes on that I have "Memory of it" Now here is my Theory because of Prime said "I Have No Memory of it" maybe that he was actually Defeated by King GraySkull him self and force to flea Eternia but only to Destroy whats left of its Mighty Empire including Killing GraySkull. So who is Mara the First She-Ra I think Mara is GraySkull's Twin Sister, and in act of Vengeance she and several of GraySkull's Army Followed her into Space seeking Revenge on Horde Prime. Knowing his Weakness is Magic they Sought out Worlds Rich in it to stop him but when they finally got to Ethera Mara had enough of it and rouse to stop her People from taking life away thus Mara saw that they became like Horde Prime and she said enough is enough and plunge Ethera into the Dark Dimension so her people cannot find it and use the Hart to kill everyone on Ethera!
May the Shwartz Be With You
CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg

Comments

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    Read the old mini comics, before the he man cartoon came out.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • ryurangerryuranger Member Posts: 520 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    There was no connection. "Grayskull" was stated to be the name of Mara's Rebel squadron she formed to prevent the First Ones from activating the Heart of Etheria. They failed to activate the failsafe and Mara was the only member of that group to survive, escaping in her ship and subsequently moving Etheria to Despondos in an act of desperation, hiding the planet and - by association - the weapon from the Horde.
    Perhaps if the series had continued they might have continued to make connections but as it stands, there was no reference or connection to Castle or King Grayskull. Its a shame really, as whilst Eternia was referenced a few times they didn't (or more likely couldn't) expand upon the connection.

Anyhow - a few thoughts:

To be honest, I really did enjoy this series - far more than I assumed I would.
    I only really watched it initally because, back when Season 1 appeared, I was unwell and Netflix kept recommending it. I read a few reviews, pretty much all of which were positive, and decided to follow it. I don't regret doing so. It was a blast to watch. So diverse, so many VERY well handled themes behind the characters and story. I'll be honest, there were a few 'lump in the throat' moments, in particular the scene in the finale where Mara tells Adora "You are worth more than what you can give to other people”. That was a surprisingly deep moment, as well as being a strong message in itself.

Having watched the entire series I find it laughable that the 'The Original is Best' crowd were so negative about it as it is a FAR superior show - forget the rose-tinted spectacles; the 1980's one was nothing more than a VERY thinly veiled glorified advertisment for the toys.

Anyway - back to the thread! The one negative I'll state I found was that they did leave quite a few loose ends, such as:

- They never truly elaborated on the Eternia connection
    - The other Princess. We know there were 15 in total (as per Light Hope), but we only saw (or were made aware of) 14 of them. One was never seen OR named.
    - Adora's parents. Horde Prime said he wiped out the First Ones in an ancient war. But if that were the case, Adora couldn't have been born. This suggest some still surive. Which begs the question whether they are as evil as the other First Ones seemed to be.

Still, I guess that - unless they reference these points in Masters Of The Universe: Revelation (https://news.sky.com/story/by-the-power-of-netflix-new-he-man-series-announced-11788963 ) which seems fairly unlikely as that show is set to pick up from where the 1980's show left off.

The Theory Came from what Horde Prime Said in the second last Episode where he in counter Eternia that it was Technologically enchained and Magic based society. When they attacked it they Devastated and Killed King GraySkull and Mara his sister took a fleet go after him for revenge and Eterna was set back to zero and the Magic of the elders sealed Eterna away like how Mara sealed Ethera away too. The Main reason why GraySkull was never mentioned in the mythsos During Princesses of Power Series is because the story was focused on Ethera and war Agents the Horde. We got glimes of Adora's Past and how Light Hope got Mara's Decanted from Eterna aka Adora from Eternia to Ethera and they mentioned it because the Director and Show Runners wanted to kept the focus on the Princesses and not on GraySkull Family.
    May the Shwartz Be With You
    CWpA7_1VAAA7vBh.jpg
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    the 1980's one was nothing more than a VERY thinly veiled glorified advertisment for the toys

Like pretty much any 80's-cartoon made by companies like filmation, or Sunrise/Bandai-brand Anime. The latter ones ironically often do have solid themes that stand the test of time though, despite them being meant to sell model-kits primarily.

I guess the more advanced audience simply enjoys the meme-potential of 80's She-Ra (because Adora *is* a meme)... but other than that, you are absolutely correct.

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    The animation industry was going though a rough time back then of rising costs made worse by falling budgets and the major studios (except for Disney) turning away from animation. The toy companies eventually came in to fill that gap the way chocolate and laundry soap companies did with serials and daytime drama shows a few decades before.

The companies benefited from the "disguised" advertisements, the kids liked the shows, and the influx of cash kept the animation houses afloat along with new technologies chipping away at the high cost of animation which together was enough to keep the industry going until cable increased the demand for network ordered cartoons again.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    There's a rather funny story about the old Battletech cartoon. They did bounce between traditional animation and CG for battle scenes, but the funny thing is that the cartoon is both canon and non-canon at the same time.

The events of the cartoon never took place in the Battletech universe... but...

They made it a cartoon IN the Battletech universe! Kind of using it like a morale booster in the Inner Sphere and to show the Clans as incompetent or something. Pretty clever way to make something canon without canonizing the events shown in it. lol
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Pretty clever way to make something canon without canonizing the events shown in it. lol

It's one of the smarter retcons I can recall.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Yup. Agreed on that one.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)