Options

Calendar

Comments

• Options
    redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    sniper1187 wrote: »
    nye#8522 wrote: »
    We all use it.

That's a good one. The last times I noticed people paying attention to the in-game-calendar, they ended up confused.

I would dare to say that most people just looked at the news-page or into the 'events'-section in-game to see when events start/end.

I would look at the calendar, for Red Alerts, my little nephew and my little niece have their own accounts now, they love the Red Alerts, we get together and run RAs all day lol.

You can see RA-event-duration in the events-tab of the mission journal... also, those events are announced on the website too.

• Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > This is indeed true, but I have noticed they're posting a lot less over there as well. Occasionally Kael will post a line or two, but he has clearly been moving toward twitter only as a source of information.
    >
    > Even just pasting his own tweet on Reddit or this forum is too much work for him these days. It's usually up to the community to do it for him.

https://www.reddit.com/user/ambassadorkael

https://www.reddit.com/user/thomasmarrone

Both have made a decent amount of posts this month.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    When the ceiling lights and desk partitions are being sold you know that somethings afoot.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    c0nsic0nsi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    The next event was just posted: 'Become the Red Angel'

And if my math isn't off and they didn't make a mistake, we might have the reason why they don't want an ingame calendar:

The Event is running (quote:)'from June 30th to July 28th' ...thats 28 days in july + 1 day in june = 29 days

(quote:)'Obtaining the Red Angel suit requires 60 daily progress, and Captains can earn two daily progress per day'
    so 60/2 = 30 days we need to complete the event.

This means we have 29 days to complete a 30 day event, no buffer at all and you can't do it with a 24h schedule...

Or am i missing something?

(Edit: They updated it to las from june 30th to july 30th, which means if you count the day of the update, you have exactly enough time if you play every day of the event...no buffer day...)
    Post edited by c0nsi on
  • Options
    > @seaofsorrows said:
    > This is indeed true, but I have noticed they're posting a lot less over there as well. Occasionally Kael will post a line or two, but he has clearly been moving toward twitter only as a source of information.
    >
    > Even just pasting his own tweet on Reddit or this forum is too much work for him these days. It's usually up to the community to do it for him.

https://www.reddit.com/user/ambassadorkael

https://www.reddit.com/user/thomasmarrone

Both have made a decent amount of posts this month.

regardless...this is the "official forum," where the news and such "should" be posted for "all" players.

I'm not disagreeing.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    They fixed the points too, it's 20 days out of 30.

It's sad that Cryptic staff can't have a colleague do a quick sanity check before posting news about a month-long event, but it's also sad that some players immediately fly into a rage over it. Decaf is your friend.
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    When i initially saw the 60, I was like WTF, BUT I went under the opinion that it could of been posted incorrectly so I waited before I trained my transphasic torpedos on the forums :).
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    [*] There used to be a significant pause between the 3 weeks/one month grinds. Sometimes, there was even a full months between those events. Now, there isn't event a week;

No, now there isn't even a single day.

That's why this event has such a short window, because they're trying to wedge it in before the Summer Event. The new 'standard' seems to be that it's no longer acceptable to have a single day without an event in progress.

Why this is, I have no idea.. but it likely has something to do with metrics. Their data likely shows that player count is highest during active events so now it's all events all day.. every day! :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    The new 'standard' seems to be that it's no longer acceptable to have a single day without an event in progress.

Why this is, I have no idea..

Sure you do: because now that they give us a "buyout" option, by having constant events they know a lot of people won't be able to keep up and will have to actually spend money if they want the reward :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,265 Arc User
    Why would one want to BUY a FREE item? I would go without first.
  • Options
    The reason they took away the Calendar? They don't want to tip you off as to what's coming up ahead of time.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    (response to redacted post removed) - darkbladejk

Post edited by darkbladejk on
  • Options
    c0nsic0nsi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    (response to redacted post removed) - darkbladejk
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    edited June 2020
    (redacted material quote removed) - darkbladejk

Apparently it was an automated process, and any changes would have had to be done manually via server maintenance, meaning unless they do emergency maintenance on the server, ie bring the server down to fix the calendar, bad information would be up for at least a week.

And I doubt anyone would like them to take the server offline for potentially an hour or two JUST to fix the Calendar god knows how many times.
    And its not just "leaked" information we're talking about. Information about upcoming events too. How many times has it called for a DL weekend, only for it to be a DOff weekend or R&D Weekend?
    The schedule is subject to change. And unless you want them to shut the server down JUST to update the calendar every time they change the schedule...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I will miss the calendar. It showed how long an event was going and what event was coming and how long it would run. I like spoilers. I will miss the calendar. Very lazy of you.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    edited June 2020
    It showed how long an event was going and what event was coming and how long it would run.

I said it before, but *this function in particular* is still in-game. Open the mission-journal, look at the events-tab...

• Options
    antiquesroadshowantiquesroadshow Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    The good news is this could have a positive effect on the economy. Since players can't jack prices up twice.
  • Options
    nccmarknccmark Member Posts: 1,083 Arc User
    At LEAST the calendar has a work-around. It would have been helpful for this fact to have been posted in conjunction with the news that the calendar itself was going away.
    It showed how long an event was going and what event was coming and how long it would run.

I said it before, but *this function in particular* is still in-game. Open the mission-journal, look at the events-tab...

wrong, it only shows current or ""some" past events. It does not show any upcoming events.
    That's the point of a calendar...planning ahead, not looking back.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    since we don't have a calendar anymore... are we off until the angel event on June 30?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    Well we do have a Tholian Red Alert.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.