test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New event reward: Red Angel suit

Comments

• fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,741 Arc User
    So basically players get the option to use unlimited heals, increase their attacks and deal electrical damage while sabotaging enemies.

Someone please remind me, why are there any careers/classes in this game?
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    @ambassadorkael#6946
    Please make this a spaceship. Red Angel suit space PVP

It's going to be a shuttle.

Also, space vanity-pet.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,948 Community Moderator
    I wouldn't be surprised if the hypo ability had a comparable cooldown to regular hypos.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    So basically players get the option to use unlimited heals, increase their attacks and deal electrical damage while sabotaging enemies.

Someone please remind me, why are there any careers/classes in this game?

Flavor-text.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    Calendars are very hard to figure out. They're a new-ish technology that's only been around for a little over 4 millenia. The experts at Cryptic are still hard at work getting these tricky things implemented. Just be patient and the dates will eventually make sense, and possibly you'll even have a working and occasionally accurate calendar added back in to the game at some point.

I enjoyed the dripping with sarcasm throughout those comments.

I could see Cryptic implementing the calendar again too maybe, but they have been more about cancelling than expanding on non-monetized features it seems.

That Mayan calendar, at least an interpretation of it, was wrong too.
  • rankavik#9039 rankavik Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I have a few questions regarding this suit and reward in general.
    1 will EMP affect borg in any way?
    2 will borg be able to adapd to suits damage?
    3 will suit be account or character unlocked?
    4 if it is character unlock, will we stuck with suit on wrong character if we claim reward on main character and switch to other toon to get that Dilithium and reward appears there instead on main toon like it happened to 1000 Lobi crystals and GMs dont care to help and switch it back to main toon?
    Thank you for your time to answer this questions and thank you for having such a "helpful" GMs
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,382 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    The person writing these blogs and making these announcements needs to take some proof-reading and fact-checking classes before they post these things. It would be nice if they actually posted on the official forum as well and not just on social media.

Cryptic must not pay very well because the level of professionalism from their media folks is pretty low.

That is a problem in the gaming industry as a whole. Check the #GameDevsPaid about it on Twitter and no you do not need an account.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,912 Arc User
    4 if it is character unlock, will we stuck with suit on wrong character if we claim reward on main character and switch to other toon to get that Dilithium and reward appears there instead on main toon like it happened to 1000 Lobi crystals and GMs dont care to help and switch it back to main toon?
    Thank you for your time to answer this questions and thank you for having such a "helpful" GMs

1: I don't know, but probably so
    2: Borg adapt to electrical damage, so probably
    3: All event rewards have been account unlocked for a long time now, so yes.
    4: You should be able to play for dilithium on any character. I did in this past one.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    Most likely
    Only damage types they can't adapt to is Kinetic and Physical. So most likely yes.
    Account unlock. They haven't done Character Unlock event rewards for some time.

db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Calendars are very hard to figure out. They're a new-ish technology that's only been around for a little over 4 millenia. The experts at Cryptic are still hard at work getting these tricky things implemented. Just be patient and the dates will eventually make sense, and possibly you'll even have a working and occasionally accurate calendar added back in to the game at some point.

I enjoyed the dripping with sarcasm throughout those comments.

I could see Cryptic implementing the calendar again too maybe, but they have been more about cancelling than expanding on non-monetized features it seems.

That Mayan calendar, at least an interpretation of it, was wrong too.

Mayans never said it was the end of the world (that was Hollywood to sell movies), but the end of an old era...and seeing how the world is changing, they seem to be pretty spot on.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    My personal opinion on the Mayan Calendar is that they just ran out of room on the stone.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The guy who chiseled the calendar left and no one else could figure out how to continue it. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Most likely
    Only damage types they can't adapt to is Kinetic and Physical. So most likely yes.
    Account unlock. They haven't done Character Unlock event rewards for some time.

I have not had them adapt to fire dmg but yet they don't live long enough to register it as a dmg type.
  • foxman00foxman00 Member Posts: 1,475 Arc User
    This suit is looking really interesting. Looking forward to giving it a test drive in the next few weeks.
    pjxgwS8.jpg
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    My personal opinion on the Mayan Calendar is that they just ran out of room on the stone.

Doubt it, I think it was for something significant.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • alyxvixen#3895 alyxvixen Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Feels overpowered. Wonder how it takes for this to be the STANDARD ground armour in TFOs.
    And wonder how long before something even more powerful and game-breaking comes out.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2020
    I'm still largely confused...

They gave no INFO if this is like an Armor Suit, and what are its Stat's, or is it more of an EV Suit; right now it seems more like a Device?

Seems friends think it's mostly a device, that gives hypo's, and other abilities to powertray. Still it seems like an amazing offering. :)
    Post edited by strathkin on
    0zxlclk.png
    strathkin wrote: »

They gave no INFO if this is like an Armor Suit, and what are its Stat's, or is it more of an EV Suit; right now it seems more like a Device?

Seems friends think it's mostly a device, that gives hypo's, and other abilities to powertray. Still it seems like an amazing offering. :)

From what I could determine, its standard combat armor, like MACO, that has some extra abilities, including a built in Hypo.
    Feels overpowered. Wonder how it takes for this to be the STANDARD ground armour in TFOs.
    And wonder how long before something even more powerful and game-breaking comes out.

Odds are people will try it out, and then most might just go back to their preferred armor, maybe slapping the Red Angel Armor on a BOff.
  • volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    What's about make new console which summon Red Angel to create time rift? Jump in time rift bring back hp and shield of ship and reload boffs cd which was 10-15 sec earlier?)
    volticua wrote: »
    What's about make new console which summon Red Angel to create time rift? Jump in time rift bring back hp and shield of ship and reload boffs cd which was 10-15 sec earlier?)

Too OP or completely useless. Especially for Tacs who have access to Tactical Initiative, which reduces the cooldown of their Tac BOffs to 15 sec for the duration. It would either mean instant abilities or conflicts with built in cooldowns to prevent rapid fire ability spam.
  • chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Blurb says -
    "This is a special event for our next content drop, and is not part of Event Campaign II. You'll be able to try out all of this new content in a little less than a week on PC, and after the Risian Lolhunat Festival on Console. We hope you enjoy this special event, Captains, and we'll see you in game."

So, my question is, does this mean the Summer Festival is coming after the Red Angel thingamie on PC? Why would they reverse the order on the two platforms? Maybe they're having trouble making Red Angel work on console, and so they're doing the Summer Festival first to buy some time for a fix?
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Blurb says -
    "This is a special event for our next content drop, and is not part of Event Campaign II. You'll be able to try out all of this new content in a little less than a week on PC, and after the Risian Lolhunat Festival on Console. We hope you enjoy this special event, Captains, and we'll see you in game."

So, my question is, does this mean the Summer Festival is coming after the Red Angel thingamie on PC? Why would they reverse the order on the two platforms? Maybe they're having trouble making Red Angel work on console, and so they're doing the Summer Festival first to buy some time for a fix?

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Blurb says -

I wonder what this means for console. Will we not get the Red Angle event until AFTER the Summer Event? Will it be at the same time as the Summer Event? I really have no interest in the answer other than to satisfy my curiosity because I have no interest in the red angle suit.
    Consoles are usually lagging behind PC in terms of content. However it sounds like they want to run the Summer Event at the same time on both platforms.
    strathkin wrote: »

Nah. 99.9% sure it's an EV-suit (probably a tanky one) with a passive ability.
    blog wrote:
    In Star Trek: Discovery, the Red Angel Suit was a powerful device capable of traveling through time by thousands of years. Now, Khitomer Alliance scientists, with the help of the Excalbian construct Michael Burnham, have managed to recreate some of the functionality of the original suit to outfit their officers. The Time Crystals necessary to travel far through time weren’t possible to recreate, but the suit itself was. Powerful and versatile, it functions as standard combat armor until its special properties are needed. These properties, referred to as Red Angel Mode, can only be used for a short while before the systems must recharge.

Leads me to believe its not an EV suit.
This discussion has been closed.