test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[XBOX] skill retrain takes forever

garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
Title says it all, but I'll elaborate.

Respec-ing a character on Xbox takes FOREVER!! Let me break down the issues

1. You cannot just move a few skill points around, you have to respec ALL your skill points (ground and space) AND your personal and starship traits. This is rediculous. Here is why
(a) Often times I only want to move a few skill points, and almost never do I want to move both ground and space points at the same time.
(b) Each skill point takes several seconds to move (more on this below)
(c) Why are traits being respec-ed with a retrain token when they can be respec-ed any time anyways. If I wanted to respec my traits, I would
just do it, I wouldn't use a token.
2. Once all the skill points are refunded, each point spent takes up to three seconds to lock in. This makes the whole process take forever because you cannot move on to spend more points until the current point has been locked in. Thus it can take over 3 minutes just to select the new skill points in space alone. On top of that, it takes a few seconds for each of the career path passives to lock in. And this is just space, then there is ground and the traits.

I realize that this is not a big deal most of the time, but when you are in the process of respec-ing, it is extremely frustrating and can put me off of playing the game...

Comments

• tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    edited May 2020
    1. (a)Bizzarely it used to be close to that back in the day (long before the console ports), you could move points around until you 'locked' them in, but the whole locking in thing was apparently confusing to certain users so it was changed to confirming each Skill node before moving on. (c)Resetting Traits is a legacy code issue, as Traits could not be reset without buying and using a Lockbox Trait box or doing a full Respec. Probably not worth tackling for the devs compared to all the other bugs out there.
    2. Seems to be server issues right now causing this, as even on the current system it didn't used to be so slow. (I'm seeing it be as slow as you're describing on PC as well)