test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is it joke with new Event?

volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
You gives 29 days of event (from June 30th to July 28th) to pass 30 days event? 60 daily progress divide by two daily progress per day mean's 30 days... em?
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• cerritourugcerritourug Member Posts: 1,376 Arc User
    How long until we get something new? It has been months after months of Discovery content that make no sense at all.

Division Hispana
    www.divisionhispana.com
  • tvirxtvirx Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Can we please stop complaining about new content? If maintenance mode is something that you would prefer, go play Rift. Good grief.
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    It's now June 30th to July 30th, and you only need 40 points, or 20 days of grinding.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,498 Arc User
    Rabble Rabble Rabble!
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,948 Community Moderator
    *sigh*
    Any excuse to complain these days. Never anything constructive...

We're getting new content, and people are complaining.
    Technical issues involving the calendar and its subsequent removal, and people are complaining.

Anyone at Cryptic so much as twitches and...
    e0c.gif

Can we PLEASE stop ripping every minor detail apart the milisecond it is announced?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    From events to new events grinding time come to closer and with new c-store system when you can buy daily progress this system become pitiful. Some times when you pass some day you can't get final content. I won’t be surprised if one day it will be necessary to grinding the whole event. Last events you grind 50%-50% (14 daily progress + 14 days after). Then we get 14 daily progress + 7 days after. Once it woud't be a mistake.
    05onfire1_xp-articleLarge-v2.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Just how many rant-threads directed at the same topic does a forum need.
    volticua wrote: »
    ... Last events you grind 50%-50% (14 daily progress + 14 days after). Then we get 14 daily progress + 7 days after. ...

No. They offered 28 days once, when first introducing the 14-day events. They saw almost no one needed 28 days and that it just caused more dil-flation. Since then it's been 7 days / 33% bonus time which is still very generous and matches the annual events going back to at least 2014.

There is no trend towards making you pay zen for event shinies that you don't really need. They only started offering buy-outs at all after many people asked for it because they couldn't finish some events even with the bonus days. They created Mudd's Market after people asked for a way to get old event and giveaway items.

DOOM!
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    From events to new events grinding time come to closer and with new c-store system when you can buy daily progress this system become pitiful. Some times when you pass some day you can't get final content. I won’t be surprised if one day it will be necessary to grinding the whole event. Last events you grind 50%-50% (14 daily progress + 14 days after). Then we get 14 daily progress + 7 days after. Once it woud't be a mistake.
    05onfire1_xp-articleLarge-v2.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

This event is like the one for the Elachi ship. Need 2 progress points a day, 40 total so you have to do the event 20 days. Afterwards, you have 10 more days if you want the dilithium.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png

All the rant threads!
    DOOM!

Pretty much.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • c0nsic0nsi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    ... Last events you grind 50%-50% (14 daily progress + 14 days after). Then we get 14 daily progress + 7 days after. ...

No. They offered 28 days once, when first introducing the 14-day events. They saw almost no one needed 28 days and that it just caused more dil-flation. Since then it's been 7 days / 33% bonus time which is still very generous and matches the annual events going back to at least 2014.

There is no trend towards making you pay zen for event shinies that you don't really need. They only started offering buy-outs at all after many people asked for it because they couldn't finish some events even with the bonus days. They created Mudd's Market after people asked for a way to get old event and giveaway items.

DOOM!

You do realise 'almost no one needed 28 days' and 'after many people asked for it because they couldn't finish some events even with the bonus days' do contradict each other?

Having spare days is always a good thing, even if a lot of people don't need them, so i'm glad they fixed the announcement and it appears to be someone just forgot to proof read (again).
    rattler2 wrote: »

All the rant threads!
    DOOM!

Pretty much.

I played DOOM, too - good game.

Also... each little sniff at the game gets like 3 rage-threads each. Calendar, calendar, calendar, RA-suit, RA-suit, RA-suit (mostly about the typo in the dates). Hobbyless people everywhere.
    c0nsi wrote: »

DOOM!

You do realise 'almost no one needed 28 days' and 'after many people asked for it because they couldn't finish some events even with the bonus days' do contradict each other?

Having spare days is always a good thing, even if a lot of people don't need them, so i'm glad they fixed the announcement and it appears to be someone just forgot to proof read (again).

> Having spare days is always a good thing,

Good and bad.
    - Farmers grind more dil, hurting the dil exchange
    - People whine about no gaps between events because they were forced to grind dil on the bonus days

The more reasonable of the people asking for buy-outs had computer problems, medical, family, vacation, or other issues where they missed weeks.
    Would you rater have a player base which doesn't care about the game?

People only rant for stuff they care about.

True, but caring doesn't require being so quick to rage.
  • volticuavolticua Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    For me better get dil from leveling new char. But unique stuff from event better for collecting. And new mudd's market is disappoint too much. Old stuff was unique stuff cos you never can get it's again. New trend leads more to buying stuff in the market rather than getting stuff from events. Nevermind, for zen then for zen
    edited June 2020

True, but caring doesn't require being so quick to rage.

Well they did take away things from the game people cared about, and charge the price of at least a full price AAA-Game for everything they introduce to the C-Store (in a time when most people are short on cash because of recent events) + 2020 has been a, lets say 'difficult year', people are on edge right now. I'm sure it will get better at some time (if they don't continue to take away stuff people care about and bleeding them dry via the c-store, that is.)

Everything that is posted right now will be analysed more than ever before, thats just a fact of more people beeing at home and having not much to do.
  • weightlimit#4436 weightlimit Member Posts: 5 New User
    I can sum up the new content with this. I am sort of bored with this do this 14 times get a doggie treat. Yes some of the rewards are great but as said before why grind the same event or choose between 2 grind for 14 day events. I did appreciate the reduction in time required in the Arena of Sompek. Now some might say oh you want a short task and get rewarded? Yes and no. I want the task to be other than what it is now but I also don't want to have to set aside 15-20 minutes either. However it is still a grind as there is no difference day to day to day. It is also an event we have seen and done repetitively in the past. So in a sense I don';t know what exactly I am trying to say other than running an event 14 times is like taking Ambien, same results. I do like the no-fail as that was a problem when Arena first came out. I have no desire of having to repeat mission due to failure. Maybe for the Arena change the course around (aka make it bigger with various zones that you encounter the threats from and each zone has its only challenges, so unlock one zone by completion of 1 and instead of 3 bunkers, maybe just 1 with lightning round, something along those lines and add in other bad guys as well those that cryptic has a license for or ones we saw in the game but no where else (the attendent for example)
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    It's kind of a shame that I don't care at all about the Red Angel thing, because this 'event' seems like it'll be pretty easy to do - between 2 episodes, three patrols, and a TFO; combined with the fact you can get progress on any alt (several of whom might want rewards from the 2 episodes), it feels like it'll be pretty casual to get through. Not like 'grinding' the same repeated TFO for 14+ days.

But it's an internet game forum, ranters gotta rant. :|
  • whitewolf#2799 whitewolf Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    So listen I played my a** off with this last TFO and I was unable to complete for the campaign prize my days off are on Mondays and Tuesdays I played for hours also when i would get home from work at night i would logg in.I was grinding out the Marks so I could Work on compleating my rep. I played back-to-back to back-to-back to back games just so i could. Complete the event and it did not complete. I wanted the lobi to use in the store. So will the next event tfo count twards the event campaign.
    I really love this game but if points are by the day and not the match thats kind of screwed. I bought out the last 2 events. And the frame rate on
    to hell with honor was horrible on the xbox.
    maybe, just maybe, there would be less rage against them. (hell, im aware that there still would be, but im sure it would be less)

I doubt it would be less because it might not be "what we want", which seems to be an issue that comes up whenever we get something for free. "Oh we're getting something for free? That's nice... BUT ITS WRONG!"

We are not privy to everything that is happening in the office. They are not obligated to tell us step by step how they're fixing a bug. I do agree slightly that at least letting us know that they are still working on the big ones would help, but we don't need a running commentary.

As for the lag, we have a whole thread dedicated to gathering information to help reduce that! Kael has even said on a livestream that more data will help and encouraged players to contriubte.

The problem is you can't please everyone. What makes some happy, will anger others. Nothing Cryptic does will please everyone, and will incur rage in one form or another.

"Romulans have been abandoned!"
    "They're killing off KDF!"
    "I don't want this in MY game! Remove it!" (Usually incurs Moderation)
    "Dominion is incomplete!"
    "I hate Discovery! Remove it or X!" (Only subject to actually get a Moderator Crackdown on sight)

Need I go on?

And most of it is all kneejerk reactions, most of which happen immediately after an announcement. Hell... some people are so skeptical about the Year of Klingon, thinking its just going to benefit Federation in disguise. And how some people get so tribal over factions and lash out against those who make a legit, honest request or question about something for Fed... I just... I don't even know how to react to some of those. A person asks a Fed related question, and is for all intents and purposes declared evil and told "NOT UNTIL X HAPPENS FOR Y FACTION YOU DIRTY FEDDY BEAR!"

As much as the forums can be a source of information... its also a source of contention depending on the subject and who responds. And sometimes useful information gets buried under vitriol or nonsense.
  • olbuzzardolbuzzard Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    maybe, just maybe, there would be less rage against them. (hell, im aware that there still would be, but im sure it would be less)

I doubt it would be less because it might not be "what we want", which seems to be an issue that comes up whenever we get something for free. "Oh we're getting something for free? That's nice... BUT ITS WRONG!"

We are not privy to everything that is happening in the office. They are not obligated to tell us step by step how they're fixing a bug. I do agree slightly that at least letting us know that they are still working on the big ones would help, but we don't need a running commentary.

As for the lag, we have a whole thread dedicated to gathering information to help reduce that! Kael has even said on a livestream that more data will help and encouraged players to contriubte.

The problem is you can't please everyone. What makes some happy, will anger others. Nothing Cryptic does will please everyone, and will incur rage in one form or another.

"Romulans have been abandoned!"
    "They're killing off KDF!"
    "I don't want this in MY game! Remove it!" (Usually incurs Moderation)
    "Dominion is incomplete!"
    "I hate Discovery! Remove it or X!" (Only subject to actually get a Moderator Crackdown on sight)

Need I go on?

And most of it is all kneejerk reactions, most of which happen immediately after an announcement. Hell... some people are so skeptical about the Year of Klingon, thinking its just going to benefit Federation in disguise. And how some people get so tribal over factions and lash out against those who make a legit, honest request or question about something for Fed... I just... I don't even know how to react to some of those. A person asks a Fed related question, and is for all intents and purposes declared evil and told "NOT UNTIL X HAPPENS FOR Y FACTION YOU DIRTY FEDDY BEAR!"

As much as the forums can be a source of information... its also a source of contention depending on the subject and who responds. And sometimes useful information gets buried under vitriol or nonsense.

Good grief ... 6 years later and seems like there are some things that just DON'T change !!

BTW... drop me a PM I have the URL for signature !
    OlBuzzardSig2017CCSML.jpg
    Yup. Some things never change.
  • olbuzzardolbuzzard Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Yup. Some things never change.

BTW... I was about to edit before you responded..

LOL !!! you're good !!

I agree with your review 100%. Kind of makes you wonder when was the last time some of these kind folks made a genuine positive contribution to the community.

ANYONE can tear down another ... BUILDING something ??? That's altogether a different matter !
    OlBuzzardSig2017CCSML.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    tvirx wrote: »
    Can we please stop complaining about new content? If maintenance mode is something that you would prefer, go play Rift. Good grief.

It's a complaint about the time frame for the event... not the new content. Cryptic could of avoided it if they had the correct days in the original blog release. The bad with squarely with the company. course now that they have the updated and correct info out... some people are still looking at the original info...
    tigeraries wrote: »
    tvirx wrote: »

It's a complaint about the time frame for the event... not the new content.

In case you missed it, a vocal minority is *specifically* raging at the reward being the RA-suit... because it's another piece of DIS-content.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    kiralyn wrote: »
    It's kind of a shame that I don't care at all about the Red Angel thing, because this 'event' seems like it'll be pretty easy to do - between 2 episodes, three patrols, and a TFO; combined with the fact you can get progress on any alt (several of whom might want rewards from the 2 episodes), it feels like it'll be pretty casual to get through. Not like 'grinding' the same repeated TFO for 14+ days.

But it's an internet game forum, ranters gotta rant. :|
    Yeah, even seeing Kael get ripped apart by Rex Bazratet in the Dyson BZ repeatedly, I still got the impression the suit would work quite well with a proper build.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
This discussion has been closed.