Install Arc

New event reward: Red Angel suit

thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    Sigh... I was affraid this would happen. Prepare yourselves for the resulting ground combat lag and visual effect overload as enemies in TFOs are constantly disappearing and reappearing in flashes of light.
  • raptorek33raptorek33 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Hi question you need 60 points 2 points daily but event is 29 days it is 1 day missing?
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    This can't be right. The event is supposed to last from June 30th to July 28th. You can earn 2 points a day, and need 60 points for the suit? That would mean most people would have to use the buy-out option to get it.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    The first event where you have to hit it at exactly the 20hour mark or spend zen to complete. Must be a trial to see how keen people are.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    It would not be first time they messed up the start and/or end date of a new event...
    Normally any event is somewhat longer than needed for people that miss some days (like me on this one, when I was away from my PC for 6 days).
    Now we have actually less time than needed? - must be errror in the blog...

Edit:
    The blog just got changed - now it is 30th June to 30th July - so it is 30 days (not counting the last thursday, when there will patch, and the event will end before players from Europe will be back from work).
    Still there is no time to spare though - very strange for STO event.
    may be error it was hapend few times.
    This is why i ask
    The blog has been updated. It's now June 30th to July 30th. Still, you'll have to play every single day to get it for free. It's a bit of an odd descision though. They always gave us a couple of "reserve days" with events like these.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Unless they mean two things per day or 4 points max. That is 15 days. If only 2 points per day, you'd never get the Bonus Dilitium.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Maybe it is just another way to reward people that spend zen to buyout the event by making it so you can only get the bonus dil if you spend zen.

Probably an error though.

If not, I will just skip the event because I have no desire for more Disco Junk. No bonus dil, no sale.
    edited June 2020
    blog corected June 30th to July 30th,
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    szim wrote: »
    The blog has been updated. It's now June 30th to July 30th. Still, you'll have to play every single day to get it for free. It's a bit of an odd descision though. They always gave us a couple of "reserve days" with events like these.

It was not a "couple" of days it was around 30-50% more time than was needed. And it is one of the nice things that did make the STO more friendly than other MMOs out there.

It is, because:
    They also changed the needed points to 40 - so there is still reserve time :)
    And now the blog has been updated again and you now need 40 points instead of 60... it can't be that hard to get it right on the first try.
  • tribbulatertribbulater Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    Calendars are very hard to figure out. They're a new-ish technology that's only been around for a little over 4 millenia. The experts at Cryptic are still hard at work getting these tricky things implemented. Just be patient and the dates will eventually make sense, and possibly you'll even have a working and occasionally accurate calendar added back in to the game at some point.
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    the blog is still wrong though, as you need 40 at the beginning of the blog and 60 at the end of it.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
    edited June 2020
    Ignore this post, I did not notice the change to 40 points needed instead of 60.
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    What, people don't find this as entertaining as the prices on the Mudd Market? That time travel is required in order to obtain the reward from this event?
    What, people don't find this as entertaining as the prices on the Mudd Market? That time travel is required in order to obtain the reward from this event?

Oh, I find Cryptic's inability to proof read a blog post hi-larious!
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    The person writing these blogs and making these announcements needs to take some proof-reading and fact-checking classes before they post these things. It would be nice if they actually posted on the official forum as well and not just on social media.
    jcsww wrote: »
    The person writing these blogs and making these announcements needs to take some proof-reading and fact-checking classes before they post these things. It would be nice if they actually posted on the official forum as well and not just on social media.

Cryptic must not pay very well because the level of professionalism from their media folks is pretty low.
  • c0nsic0nsi Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    I'm not really sure if this is a matter of proof reading or a matter of 'let's test with what we could get away'.
    I mean...this isn't the first time they had to adjust an announcement, at some point even the most stubborn person should be like 'I f*ed this up the last 100 times, maybe i should double check.'

Anyway, now that it's fixed.. whats your opinion on the new event? Will you do it?

Think i will, even if i'm not a huge Disco Fan, you never know how OP those event rewards turn out to be...and it's better to have them and not using them, as to not having them and they turn out to be the best thing in the game...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    c0nsi wrote: »
    Think i will, even if i'm not a huge Disco Fan, you never know how OP those event rewards turn out to be...and it's better to have them and not using them, as to not having them and they turn out to be the best thing in the game...

I will too. Might not use it much, but hey... account unlock armor!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    I'll definitely get it, though I'm not looking forward to yet another failsafe available to ground PVPers or the inevitable spam of these in any TFO I play. It is definitely an interesting concept though, so I will play around with it for sure.
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    c0nsi wrote: »
    I'm not really sure if this is a matter of proof reading or a matter of 'let's test with what we could get away'.
    I mean...this isn't the first time they had to adjust an announcement, at some point even the most stubborn person should be like 'I f*ed this up the last 100 times, maybe i should double check.'

It's only been up 3 hours. That's only time for a handful of players to see it. (I only saw it because it was on the launcher while prepatching.) If they were trying to see what they could get away with, they would've left the original announcement up for at least 24 hours.
    not looking forward to yet another failsafe available to ground PVPers

Since when was PvP an argument for anything in STO?
    Space PvP is broken all to hell with instavape builds designed for PvE content that absolutely murderize Players and is essentially "first to be spotted dies on sight".
    Ground PvP has been a bit more balanced IMO because there's less stackable abilities and no consoles to augment things. Also more actual counter strategies that can be used. Got a Drone Master? Sabotage kit module counters.

Red Angel Suit will probably take time to learn the ins and outs. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if Sabotage disables its abilities as well.

For PvE... might be interesting to see how its used. I think some might shy away from its active mode because they want to stick with their own weapons, but I can also see players trying to build around its abilities as well. So honestly only time will tell.

I honestly expected that if it ever came out it would be an EV suit. Not standard Combat Armor.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I'm liking the different functions of the Red Angel suit & it looks good, imo.

Not looking forward to all the ground action if multiple suits causes lots of lag, but wait & see.

I'm tired too of all the Discovery only content shoved at us, but 2 new Episodes, a new TFO, & 3 new Patrols is nice!

I'm guessing it will be an environmental suit, shouldn't it be?
    They called it Combat Armor, which implies it functions more like MACO armor than an EV suit.
    I will probably do the event just so I can have the suit available before they put it in Mudd's Market for 8000 zen. I will not, however, use the suit because I thought the Red Angle plot was the stupidest aspect of Disco season 2 and reminded me too much of 'Bad Wolf' from Dr. Who. I am also not looking forward to the optical spam this suit will bring to ground TFOs.
  • arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Now if I can get one of the vehicles from Champions Online to go with the super suit.
    arliekkos wrote: »
    Now if I can get one of the vehicles from Champions Online to go with the super suit.

Closest canon Trek ground vehicle would probably be the Argo Buggy. Problem is... no where to really use it. Nimbus comes cloes but there's too many enemies around to enjoy the experience. Dyson is too cluttered and geard towards infantry, and New Romulus has enemies+narrow paths.

I think the only places we could enjoy a Buggy in pease is Vulcan and Andoria...
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    @ambassadorkael#6946
    Please make this a spaceship. Red Angel suit space PVP
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
This discussion has been closed.