test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

pvp max caps on hp and resistances?

philexanphilexan Member Posts: 52 Arc User
Howdy, I heard from one of the in game chats that there are limits on hit points and resistances in pvp, but can't find any information on it. Are there caps or limits on different stats in pvp different from pve? Thanks for the clarification.

Comments

• kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Not different from PVE. However certain offensive stats are cut in half in PVP.

Resistances do have a curve to prevent anyone from reaching or closely approaching 100%... but that also applies in non-PVP.

There are actually some abilities, such as the ablative field generator console or the Solanae 4 piece ability, that will get you near 100% resistance. But they are limited in duration and usually have a long cooldown.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    kyle223cat wrote: »

Resistances do have a curve to prevent anyone from reaching or closely approaching 100%... but that also applies in non-PVP.

There are actually some abilities, such as the ablative field generator console or the Solanae 4 piece ability, that will get you near 100% resistance. But they are limited in duration and usually have a long cooldown.

Yeah that's possible with certain builds but I assume westmetals means permanent 100% resist, aka that your resist stats before any short term buffs would be at 100% (aka you'd be nearly unkillable).
  • kyle223catkyle223cat Member Posts: 584 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    kyle223cat wrote: »

Yeah that's possible with certain builds but I assume westmetals means permanent 100% resist, aka that your resist stats before any short term buffs would be at 100% (aka you'd be nearly unkillable).

Well I didn't assume that's what he meant since he also said "closely approaching" 100% resists. I've seen people get to 97% resists for extended durations, which is certainly "closely approaching" 100%. He also said that resists are capped at 75% without mentioning bonus damage resistance, which is why I commented in the first place.
    da84303d8bc4080b9860968f634f98682215bbe5.gifv