test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Personnel store account unlock

pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
"As part of our continuing efforts to make more parts of the game accessible to every one of your characters, from those of you that have 2 to those of you have that 592, we’re happy to announce that beginning on June 25th, all purchases made from the Personnel Tab of the Zen Store will be unlocked for your entire account! "

Huge fan of this. The lack of account unlock on quite a few of these were the only thing putting me off. For example, I've got quite a few bits of the disco pack put couldn't justify the bundle price, and picking up a lot of the things individual makes them character unlock. This has solved this problem and looks like its giving me the attack tardigrade I've longed for. Thank you greatly for this.

edit: https://arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11461853-personnel-tab-items-are-now-account-unlocks%21
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    I can finally get the IDIC Tribble for the rest of my account now with out spending a bloody fortune.
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    The only exception to this change will be the Bridge Officer Slot that was purchasable in the personnel tab – this will now live permanently in the Services tab of the Zen Store.
    Because I know people will miss this important part.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • tymerstotymersto Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    The day Cryptic allows account wide Services unlocks, I'd either be extremely thrilled or very, very concerned for STOs future.
    STO CBT Player - 400 day+ Vet, Currently Silver
    Cryptic, would you actulaly like me to spend actual Money? It's Simple:
    • Full, Story-driven, select from start 1-50 Klingon Side
    • Scrap current Lock Box & Lobi system for something more reasonable
    • Expand Dil and Rep/Fleet Marks to regular story content
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I remember when that tab used to be account unlocks originally.
    Glad to see sanity has been restored.

EDIT:
    For those that don't remember, Season 5 changed that tab to per-character unlocks.

Funny enough, it's also the update that introduced the now since removed calendar: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/1059170-season-5-dev-blog-_1
    Post edited by phoenix841 on
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • mikewallace#2209 mikewallace Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Thanks for the change! normal-1.gif​​
    Post edited by mikewallace#2209 on
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I wish this could be retroactive. Still thanks for the change after 10 yrs too late normal-1.gif​​

The OP didn't link the original post, but in there, it says it is.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11461853
    And more. If you already purchased any of these items, fear not, they will immediately become unlocked for your entire account. However, if these items were purchased as part of a separate bundle, they will remain fixed to the character that claimed them. Because these items are now unlocked for your entire account, they will no longer be tradable with other players.
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    This is a nice change.

The "not bundles" exception doesn't matter for at least some bundles. The Delta pack intel boffs have always been claimable by all characters, with Fed, Rom, KDF getting faction-specific boffs.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Aye, this seems nice indeed. I'll wait for the other shoe to drop, but thanks to Cryptic for this.
    tymersto wrote: »
    I can finally get the IDIC Tribble for the rest of my account now with out spending a bloody fortune.

I agree about the IDIC Tribble, I know it's not the best but I like the idea of using it's synergy buffs.
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    One small step for a bridge officer. One giant leap never to come.
  • grtiggygrtiggy Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    The only exception to this change will be the Bridge Officer Slot that was purchasable in the personnel tab – this will now live permanently in the Services tab of the Zen Store.

i got excited for a bit...
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    tymersto wrote: »
    The day Cryptic allows account wide Services unlocks, I'd either be extremely thrilled or very, very concerned for STOs future.

No to doom.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    They did temporarily have an account wide service bundle - but it was replaced by the elite services pack unfortunately.

Sorry for not linking post, probably would have been easier than copying the text really. :/ Got carried away in my excitement.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Hope this also includes single item unlocks like a combat tardigrade
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • forthegamerforthegamer Member Posts: 177 Arc User
    Well, this explains why suddenly quite a few of my characters have more things now. Nice.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Well, this explains why suddenly quite a few of my characters have more things now. Nice.

Does it? It is supposed to begin on the 25th
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Well, all those people that got the Combat Tardigrade as part of the Discovery Pack will need to buy one regularly for the Account Unlock.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    The question now is whether or not this change will allow us to get multiples of the same boff type like we have been. I'd love a full team of Ferasan BOffs, and it was impossible without spending a small fortune.
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    That would be a bad move on their part with them becoming bound to the character upon purchase if anything it is if they will remove the limit from the 3 borg ones and the 2 disco ones. It's not like they would lose money by leaving them unlimited claim since the store ships and ship packs are their big sellers.
  • weightlimit#4436 weightlimit Member Posts: 5 New User
    Yes this is troubling, to me at least, another sign of possible further opening up of things as the game slowly crawls over cliff edge. Too many troubling signs. If they lock bridge officers to who has them, for example if you store excess officers between 2 accts it will be the omega particles all over again and with little time to redistribute the boff (I am talking about the ones from doff missions and other non-store boff's and should I remove the boff's on the exchange as they too will be returned and no longer sellable. Wish they had clarified that.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I'm guessing Cryptic could boost the price on such items now too since they'll be for account-wide but hopefully not.
  • victis#5061 victis Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Ok...two things.
    First...I play on an Xbox...is this going to be for PC and consoles?
    And secondly, if I'm reading this right and the above is true, then all of my toons will get the chance to go pick up the liberated Borg, Caitian and Aenar boffs?
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If you bought them already on a Character, then yes.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • weightlimit#4436 weightlimit Member Posts: 5 New User
    So if you didn't purchase a bridge officer, then this change will not affect you, am I understanding this correctly?

What about Boff given away for free from the zen store, will those be affected and be account bound?

What about Guinan aka El-Alurian you get from a doff mission that is only once per toon.

Will boff still be listed on the auction house or will ALL boff disappear from the auction house?

The photonic EMH (I thinnk engineering officer you get from the NPC standing by the Admiral's office who allows you to collect delta, gamma recruit rewards) it is currently or when I came across it was able to send to my boff toon that holds extra boff, will it be affected?
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,644 Arc User
    Retroactive on previous Personnel purchases is generous. No price increase was mentioned for a current purchase from scratch? I suppose that could still happen later,
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
This discussion has been closed.