test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extend Shield Behavior

papa#1922 papa Member Posts: 9 Arc User
I think the default behavior of extend shield needs some adjustment.
If I do not select a friendly target and just click on the ability, it will currently select a friendly target close by.
But it often select items like a torpedo, or a mine, or other friendly item.
Not sure about everyone else, but I don't want to waste the ability on a torpedo.
I think at the very least it should select a player ship within range or even better the player ship most in need within range.
If I would want to extend my shield to anything else like a satellite or a AI ship, then I would select it first.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• szerontzurszerontzur Member Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind them revisiting the skill. More than anything, I'd like to be able to cancel/toggle it instead of being locked (in combat) for the full duration. It can be pretty miserable being locked out of Full Impulse for 30 seconds in Battlezones because you decided to help someone.

I run it on my repair ship(Quas) with Expedient Repairs(space trait); it's a fun way to give glass cannons an extra 20% damage while letting them fly around with minimal fear of death. When Solo, I usually throw it on Frigate pets to super-charge them, so I wouldn't want that functionality removed entirely.
  • papa#1922 papa Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Agreed, toggle and no effect on Impulse. If we get out of range the ability should cancel itself.
    From what I noticed, when you get it on someone who needs it, they tend to stick close to you after...
This discussion has been closed.