test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Day of Honor

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
On July 11th, Star Trek Online is teaming with Modiphius, Eaglemoss, and Streampunks to bring you a day of panels and interviews! Find out more here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11461843-a-day-of-honor

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    That sounds VERY interesting & entertaining. Date is saved & Qapla'.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I'm definitely looking forward to learn more about the upcoming Klingon content.
  • chkargh#2024 chkargh Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    On July 11th, Star Trek Online is teaming with Modiphius, Eaglemoss, and Streampunks to bring you a day of panels and interviews! Find out more here:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11461843-a-day-of-honor

Kiss the Klingons.
    Qapla'!
    Qapla'!
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    Well now you know why all those Klingons got that ugly factor increased they were too damn hot to look like a TNG/DS9/Voyager era Klingon. Time to get those mating rituals started up and stuff been waiting 9+ years for this. Oh wait this might be a trap into a pay wall we have to be really careful because we might have to rescue them using dilithium and zen. Maybe we will get some Klingon equality and free our most sacred ships from these paywalls of doom and injustice.
  • theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    I hope the Year of Klingon content ain't as focused to the Discovery versions as that panel appears to be. :#
    I hope the Year of Klingon content ain't as focused to the Discovery versions as that panel appears to be. :#

Yeah its the only thing left that hasn't been used yet for Klingon content plus its the only area to explore/playing the story where Discovery most likely will never return there. Unless of course the section 31 show ever makes it to becoming an actual show and then the possibility that Pike will run into some Klingons as well.

For the most part I liked the Klingon stuff from Discovery but the ships are just damn awful they would make any warrior go into a depression. So hoping maybe we can get some kind of alternate look to these ships. Flying toothbrushes and toilet plungers are not a warriors ship.
  • joshmauljoshmaul Member Posts: 519 Arc User
    Flying toothbrushes and toilet plungers are not a warriors ship.

Speak for yourself. Tablespoons and remote controls are starships for me. And if they've got enough guns on them, that'll suit a warrior just fine. :mrgreen:
    TW1sr57.jpg
    "There's No Way Like Poway!"

Real Join Date: October 2010
  • liquinliquin Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    yeah, TRIBBLE Klingon lore is trash..
    edited July 2020
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    edited July 2020
    Oh wait I had it all wrong the reason for the panel are the people in the trial involving that person who has wronged the Klingon Empire. I totally get it now! :D
    Post edited by trillbuffet on
    I'm tiring of the mostly only Discovery-ish content in STO too, but I still think this could easily be a fun entertaining day so pre-kudos to Cryptic & the other participants. I'm looking forward to it.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    What are the chance these interviews could end up on SoundCloud or some other linkable site?

https://soundcloud.com/perfectworldentertainment
    I really enjoyed the Ethan Philips interview. We often for get what a burden it is to apply so much Prosthetic makeup and then live in it for 12 to 14 hours a day for 7 years.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Can anyone tell me what times are in UTC (or GMT) so I can see if it's worth for me to try to watch this?
    spiritborn wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what times are in UTC (or GMT) so I can see if it's worth for me to try to watch this?

The times are right there in the link for beginning & certain segments:

Is it the calculations you cannot figure out?

Your given: (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time is 7 hours ahead of Pacific Time so if it begins at 12pm PT that would make it 7pm GMT.

• toraknutoraknu Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    i dont know why they dont do such a day just over a free thing like discord..... what a mess
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »

The times are right there in the link for beginning & certain segments:

Is it the calculations you cannot figure out?

Your given: (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time is 7 hours ahead of Pacific Time so if it begins at 12pm PT that would make it 7pm GMT.

so it would be 21:00 or 22:00 for me then depending if daylight saving time messes things up or not, I'm actually at GMT +2 but I thought GMT might be something people would be more willing to give then my own timezone.
    Viewed most of it, took an unexpected nap somewhere in the middle for a bit, & really enjoyed it.

Hopefully there'll be a recording posted of it all for those that didn't watch any of it &, at least one, that didn't view all of it lol
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Apparently this was shown during the stream (I didn't watch it, not sure if there is a recorded version o f the stream somewhere)

nyaewgggoca51.png
    (From Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/hpo3ur/carrier_concept_art_from_doh_livestream/)

Looks like we're going to have a Carrier pack some time in the future, featuring a Tier 6 Atrox and Vo'Quv plus a Romulan and a Jem'Hadar Carrier. I would be surprised if this doesn't end up being a C-Store ship package.

I wonder of the Romulan one might be compatible with T'Laru parts, because the structure overall really seems to line-up with it. But that could just be wishful thinking. The Dominion one really feels "Intel" (Stealth Bomber). Borrowing a bit from the Faeth wings, except reversed.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,406 Arc User
    toraknu wrote: »
    i dont know why they dont do such a day just over a free thing like discord..... what a mess

It is not a mess.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
    Apparently this was shown during the stream (I didn't watch it, not sure if there is a recorded version o f the stream somewhere)

nyaewgggoca51.png
    (From Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/hpo3ur/carrier_concept_art_from_doh_livestream/)

Looks like we're going to have a Carrier pack some time in the future, featuring a Tier 6 Atrox and Vo'Quv plus a Romulan and a Jem'Hadar Carrier. I would be surprised if this doesn't end up being a C-Store ship package.

I wonder of the Romulan one might be compatible with T'Laru parts, because the structure overall really seems to line-up with it. But that could just be wishful thinking. The Dominion one really feels "Intel" (Stealth Bomber). Borrowing a bit from the Faeth wings, except reversed.

Thanks for the posting, I checked a few hours ago & there's the stream posted on Twitch so I'll be viewing it later today for the middle parts I missed.

That Romulan one does seem to have some T'laru parts, perhaps some similar Thrai design, & the nose reminds me of the Laeosa.

So far like all 4, but to me the most radical is the Dominion look.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User

nyaewgggoca51.png

The last two made me think of new Alliance ships, melding Klingon with Romulan and melding Klingon with Domion ships.
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    My wager is command or intel, with temporal a wide outsider. My gut says command as command suits carriers conceptually more (rally point for instance creating an aoe to heal pets) but intel would fit too, to a degree

That said thrilled as I am to see a t6 Vo...what the heck is that thing... its like it was a kitbash of a bort, a smattering of the vo and that freaking ugly triangle saucer from the command battleship whith the saucer struts from the Kor tossed on for good measure (not that it'd stop me buying it as the old parts will do nicely)

That said (again) ...the theory t6 carriers might have 4 wings to launch gains traction as if you look on the Vo, the launch bays are divided into two wing launchers - add the two on the opposite side (not visible)...
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    This could be the start of three wing carriers, since Flight Deck Crusiers got bumped to two.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited July 2020
    Wasn't any offset when they gave another wing to Flight Deck Crusiers, and those were already 4/4 or 5/3. With ships like the Discovery Constitution (Promo not Legendary) being Miracle Worker, it was also 12 Consoles.

Who knows they might even throw in a new Specialization like Flight Operations that specializes in Small Craft Ops.

These will also not be Fleet Grade which means 10 Consoles out of the Box.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns