test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

unable to send in-game emails

2»

Comments

• hawksytshawksyts Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    19th of june. Had answer. Get rid of the cache in your PS4 by shutting it down for several minutes. If that does not work...un-install the game, and re-install. Did al that...still does not work. :(
  • nightfly69#4375 nightfly69 Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    Ready for a shock?? Mail still broken. Inconceivable!
  • will#4752 will Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    hawksyts wrote: »
    19th of june. Had answer. Get rid of the cache in your PS4 by shutting it down for several minutes. If that does not work...un-install the game, and re-install. Did al that...still does not work. :(

you know what this means? it means they don`t even think it`s a problem on their side and are not even looking into it. they still think it`s something we all are not doing right or it`s all our machines fault. i`m lost for the words.
  • hawksytshawksyts Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    They told me it is a bug, and they will look into it. So it is work in progress.
    Did they tell you when they'll look into it? Cuz it's already been awhile.
    Post-Tuesday Maintenance Mail System Still Broken. Yikes. :(
  • kyon#5061 kyon Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Ready for a shock?? Mail still broken. Inconceivable!

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." ;)
  • millefune#8468 millefune Member Posts: 310 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I thought this was a deliberate move, to force us to buy into the $10 "more account bank slots" store item. But it seems that people not on PS4 can still send items to themselves in mail, so it may be a console-specific issue. I would just chalk it up to "businesses want to make money," and buy some extra account bank slots. The problem for me is that the the main things I want to transfer between characters are Duty Officers of classes/types that one character may have a surplus of that another character is short on. And we can't put Duty Officers into the shared bank slots, so buying more of them would do nothing for me in this regard.
    Still broken.
    Still
    Broken
    Still
    this bug happened around the same time as the patch for to hell with on honor was implemented. i had hoped that when the event finished it might fix itself. well that was wishful it seems because it`s still broken and no end in sight. our fleet cannot do our weekly doff giveaway because we cannot send them through the mail. i have a new toon that is being held back because i cannot send unused doffs through the mail from my other characters. this might seem like an inconsequential problem but it`s having a large impact on our game.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    will#4752 wrote: »
    this bug happened around the same time as the patch for to hell with on honor was implemented. i had hoped that when the event finished it might fix itself. well that was wishful it seems because it`s still broken and no end in sight. our fleet cannot do our weekly doff giveaway because we cannot send them through the mail. i have a new toon that is being held back because i cannot send unused doffs through the mail from my other characters. this might seem like an inconsequential problem but it`s having a large impact on our game.

You could hand them off to the player by meeting them in the same instance through trade.
    umm.... you already know.
    jcsww wrote: »
    You could hand them off to the player by meeting them in the same instance through trade.

seriously?? we are well aware we can do this but with multiple winners from multiple timezones makes this logistically difficult. the guy who runs it doesn`t get on that often so yes actually being able to mail stuff makes it simple. and that still doesn`t help those of us who send doffs to our own toons. i now see complaints of players having to buy colonists because a single character is too slow to aquire them. you need 168 colonists to complete the colonization assignment chain for a new toon. this is made infinitely faster and CHEAPER by sending them daily from your own toons.
    Thank the Maker!!! Mail is currently FIXED!!!! :smile: Qapla'!
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    Thank the Maker!!! Mail is currently FIXED!!!! :smile: Qapla'!

Hooray for console!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • thunderlynxthunderlynx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Yay, thanks for fixing it! :smiley:
    thank you so much for fixing the mail and the other bugs. while i was a little disappointed in the lack of communication and clarity, i`m still thankful for this being fixed. job well done.