test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any missions that give extra ship tokens?

gileslestradegileslestrade Member Posts: 86 Arc User
I have a charcter that has always gotten his free ships when he was promoted, and now is at level 65. I was playing around looking at ships through the ship vendor, and realized he's got a T4 and a T5 token available to spend. I'm trying to figure out how. Are there any missions that give you ship tokens that I may have done and didn't notice the ship as a reward? Or is this a known glitch (feature) that occasionally happens? I've checked, and none of my other characters have these extra tokens.

I'm on Xbox one.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
Tagged:

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    You might have never claimed your T4 ship while leveling up. You get a second T5 token at level ... 63 I think.
  • darpendragondarpendragon Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    You get the T5 token at level 61.

If you are LTS then you also get a T5 token at level 50
  • gileslestradegileslestrade Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    I know I used both my T4 at level 30 and my T5 at 40 and also my T5 refit at 61.

I'm not LTS, but I'm thinking about it. Which raises a question - if you're already over level 50 when you purchase LTS, do your characters get a retroactive T5 token? Most of my characters are already at 65, and by the time I mine enough dilithium to get the zen needed, all of them will be at 65.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Yes, it will be retroactive, just as the T5-U token was retroactive when they started that.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    all y toons have some of those tokens because I went ahead and bought C-store ships, usually for a console.the Nebula comes to mind as a better ship that the non C-store alternatives.
    Spock.jpg

Went back and did some comparing and looks like I did forget to use my T4 token. Realized I did that for a second character as well. However, I did use both my T5 and my T5U tokens, so I still don't know why that character has a T5 available.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    'The Vault' gives a Ship Slot, but that and the Ambassador are it for Ships and a place to put them.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Ok, thanks for the info.

I got the Ambassador with a different character, and the ship slot with the character I'm talking about. I'm going to assume that it's a glitch in the system and see if it will actually let me use it. I also have a T2 token on a romulan character, but there's only one ship you can buy with it and it says I've already purchased it.
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,500 Arc User
    Ok, thanks for the info.

I got the Ambassador with a different character, and the ship slot with the character I'm talking about. I'm going to assume that it's a glitch in the system and see if it will actually let me use it. I also have a T2 token on a romulan character, but there's only one ship you can buy with it and it says I've already purchased it.

If you already have the Romulan ship for that level you could spend the T2 token on an allied ship for the admiralty card (those low level ship cards come in handy sometimes) if it will let you. Supposedly the tokens were to be good for both Rom ships and the ships of whichever faction the character is allied with but last time I checked (it was a while ago) it was still bugged and the token was only good for the Romulan ship, but they may have fixed it since then.

If you already have the Romulan ship for that level you could spend the T2 token on an allied ship for the admiralty card (those low level ship cards come in handy sometimes) if it will let you. Supposedly the tokens were to be good for both Rom ships and the ships of whichever faction the character is allied with but last time I checked (it was a while ago) it was still bugged and the token was only good for the Romulan ship, but they may have fixed it since then.

The only ship it's saying I can use it for is the one I already have. Won't let me buy a 2nd one and won't let me buy any other T2 ship.

The only ship it's saying I can use it for is the one I already have. Won't let me buy a 2nd one and won't let me buy any other T2 ship.

It is probably one of those bugs they may get around to fixing by the game's fiftieth anniversary ....
    westmetals wrote: »

Romulans don't get very many options for the promo token ships, though I'm surprised that you could have a token but already have the ship it would be used for... I'm not even sure how you would do that!

I remember I had problems purchasing that ship. Thought I had purchased it, then wasn't in my inventory when i went to make it ready ship, went around a couple times before it worked. I think it's just a glitch where I used it but the system didn't register it somehow. So after I purchased it the token remained.

westmetals wrote: »

It is probably one of those bugs they may get around to fixing by the game's fiftieth anniversary ....

Nope, it's not a bug. The promotion tokens cannot be used on allied ships... never have.

After you use the promo tokens, the relevant ships become available for purchase with dilithium, and Romulans will see the allied ships with those dilithium prices even before the token is used.

They should have been clearer about that in the announcements then, the way it is worded it makes it sound like they intended both the native and the allied token-eligible ships to be available with the tokens (though I don't see why anyone would want to get a an allied ship instead of a Romulan one anyway).
This discussion has been closed.