test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost items

jester#9369 jester Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Hi just a quick note about some lost beams. Please be careful deleting ships before stripping out consoles and weapons as yesterday I lost 5 or maybe 6 ultra rare withering disruptor beams when I deleted a ship to make room for a new one. I have submitted a report to Cryptic hopefully they maybe able to find them for me. 🍺
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    It should be common sense to take the equipment off before you delete a ship. With that said, hope they can recover those beams for you. Also, this is not the place to post about Lost Items that is in PC Gameplay Bug Reports or if you are on console in the respective section Xbox One or PS4 Gameplay Bug Reports.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    It should be common sense to take the equipment off before you delete a ship. With that said, hope they can recover those beams for you. Also, this is not the place to post about Lost Items that is in PC Gameplay Bug Reports or if you are on console in the respective section Xbox One or PS4 Gameplay Bug Reports.

It's not a bug though, just a bad user interface design choice. Dismissing ships should dump any non-white-quality gear into inventory, or all gear like when dry docking.

I'm pretty sure I've done this once over the years and lost something like a Breen mission reward space set piece, but I don't think I've lost anything precious.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User

It's not a bug though, just a bad user interface design choice. Dismissing ships should dump any non-white-quality gear into inventory, or all gear like when dry docking.

I'm pretty sure I've done this once over the years and lost something like a Breen mission reward space set piece, but I don't think I've lost anything precious.

I did not say it was a bug. There is a Lost Items thread in that forum.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    I think the only thing to think about realistically is better luck next time.
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,635 Arc User
    Oww... Stuff like that pushes me to make sure Protection is On (in right-click menu for PC) for anything upgraded, from a lockbox, or has a Vanity effect (stuff in Vanity slots are really easy to miss).
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Agreed, while yes.. ideally the user should know to remove items first.. it's still bad game design that they just vanish like that. Especially when the same system works perfectly fine for dry docking. There is absolutely no reason dismissing a ship should eat the gear when dry docking it safely moves it to your inventory.

Bad design.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    the game warns you though. It puts up a big "are you sure you want to do this screen" that tells you it'll destroy everything.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    the game warns you though. It puts up a big "are you sure you want to do this screen" that tells you it'll destroy everything.

Despite that, it's still easy to miss visual slot items since they are on a separate tab.

Kiss that 30 million EC lock box shield visual goodbye....

• phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Actually they do dump the gear into main inventory, the problem is that it does not do so reliably. Just yesterday I dismissed a ship that had nothing but its white starter gear in it (I was only keeping it for the admiralty card and once that opened up I got rid of some of the old-style single level ships) and it dumped all of it into main inventory, even filling the overflow.

The same thing happens when you put a ship in drydock, most of the time if it has actual gear and not just pointers in the slots it will dump into inventory, but sometimes it fails to do that. It is good to avoid problems by emptying it manually either way.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User

Why is a warning necessary if the system to avoid the issue completely is already in the game and working?
    Insert witty signature line here.

Why is a warning necessary if the system to avoid the issue completely is already in the game and working?

It's the dismissal warning, because many ships are not reclaimable.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I lost a Section 31 vanity shield, I wish I could get it back.
This discussion has been closed.