test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Extended Downtime June 23rd and 25th

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Star Trek Online will have extended maintenance downtime for PC and Console next week, on June 23rd and June 25th. Here are the times in question. While these maintenances are scheduled and estimated for an extended time, the servers may be up sooner. Please keep an eye on our social media and official forums for updates.

Xbox One and Playstation 4 - June 23rd
Downtime Begins: 5am PT
Downtime Estimated End: 11am PT
What Time is This for Me?

PC - June 25th
https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Extended+PC+Maintenance&iso=20200625T05&ah=7

Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in game!

Comments

• What exactly is being fixed?
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    > @alphaguardian88#1371 said:
    > What exactly is being fixed?

Everything!

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    What exactly is being fixed?

Its Kenny and Minnie the server hamsters funerals. Poor little souls ran themselves into an early grave on the wheel to power those servers. #Hamsterlivesmatter
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Akamai is coming in to install new load balancing security devices. :)
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    Methinks it has to do with the lag/discos before/for the Summer Event.
  • voodoopokeyvoodoopokey Member Posts: 244 Arc User
    Cryptic game servers are run on Windows machines, remember. You should be amazed and thankful that they have as much uptime as they do!
  • ward101#8752 ward101 Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    23rd on console 25th on pc
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User

It's not so much that anything is actually being fixed, but extended maintenance.

Imagine a large team of people with cans of compressed air, soft toothbrushes, Q-tips, and little containers of electronics cleaner and polish. Dust, hamster droppings, and waxy yellow build up be gone! With a little bit of elbow grease they can get those servers looking just like new.

This helps them run cooler.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    Star Trek Online will have extended maintenance downtime for PC and Console next week, on June 23rd and June 25th. Here are the times in question. While these maintenances are scheduled and estimated for an extended time, the servers may be up sooner. Please keep an eye on our social media and official forums for updates.

PC - June 25th
    What Time is This for Me?

Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in game!

Hey @ambassadorkael#6946 you used the wrong UTC in the link, the Correct UTC to use is UTC-7
    Fixed Link
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    (redacted material quote removed) - darkbladejk

I think he has just been tired these couple of days especially since he also does screen writing on the side. This is not his only job.
    Post edited by darkbladejk on
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Couple of days? When we get the News Announcement Blogs they almost always have an error in them.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    ltminns wrote: »
    Akamai is coming in to install new load balancing security devices. :)

If that's true I hope it helps with the lag & rubberbanding. Regardless these sort of extended measures need to be performed time to time.
    sthe91 wrote: »
    I think he has just been tired these couple of days especially since he also does screen writing on the side. This is not his only job.

Are they, Cryptic, still operating under quarantine conditions? I expect everything/anything to be a step or two more difficult under those conditions.
  • mazujiemazujie Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Ill stock up on chips and beer and take some leave, this normaly ends in drama, servers offline much longer then expected, people raging on the forums, strange new bugs and glitches the first days....... Fun times are coming ;-)
  • qultuqqultuq Member Posts: 988 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    (flame/troll post removed) - darkbladejk
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    edited June 2020

I was referring to the missed patch notes thread not the grammar issues as a result of copy and pasting without proofreading as well as him being very tired due to this COVID-19 pandemic. I know that is a recurring issue and it still drives me nuts both in-game, in blogs, and in patch notes.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    protoneous wrote: »

It's not so much that anything is actually being fixed, but extended maintenance.

Imagine a large team of people with cans of compressed air, soft toothbrushes, Q-tips, and little containers of electronics cleaner and polish. Dust, hamster droppings, and waxy yellow build up be gone! With a little bit of elbow grease they can get those servers looking just like new.

This helps them run cooler.

Oh, no!!!! Yellow wax build up! :o

Someone get the Pink Tornado and his jack hammer!

*Will give a cookie to whomever knows THAT one* ;)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
    sthe91 wrote: »
    I was referring to the missed patch notes thread not the grammar issues as a result of copy and pasting without proofreading as well as him being very tired due to this COVID-19 pandemic. I know that is a recurring issue and it still drives me nuts both in-game, in blogs, and in patch notes.
    How's being tired related to the CoViD-19?? I'm not bored and stuck at at home because of CoViD-19 but because my elected officials did (and still do) a terrible job managing it while many people around the world fare much better than my province without even confining.

Sounds like a fellow Ontarian and possibly, Torontonian. I stayed down in Virginia. The way things are up there, I am in no rush to head north of the border once again.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Sounds like a fellow Ontarian and possibly, Torontonian. I stayed down in Virginia. The way things are up there, I am in no rush to head north of the border once again.

The way things are down there, I'm in no rush to head south of the border. Couldn't anyway as the border is closed.

Stay well, no matter where you are.
    protoneous wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »

The way things are down there, I'm in no rush to head south of the border. Couldn't anyway as the border is closed.

Stay well, no matter where you are.

Honestly, things are pretty normal here. The big cities have problems, but America is a big country with more than 10 times the population of Canada. When Canadian new says, America. They basically mean New York or California, sometimes DC, and on occasion, Washington. The area I am in, we had just over a hundred total cases out of a just over a million people in the surrounding area. That's nothing compared to the big mega cities. You can dine-in restaurants here, malls are open, and life is pretty normal all things considered.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 3,980 Arc User
    edited June 2020
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    Some folks in here need to dial it way back and put the flamethrowers away or you will not like what comes next. If you want to alert to an error with something and can do so respectfully, then by all means. Otherwise the personal attacks stop now. Errors and mistakes are going to happen from time to time, no one on this forum is perfect. If you alert them to mistakes and do it respectfully, they will correct them. Case and point when Kael acknowledged the mistake of not including the calendar removal in the patch notes. Keep the further discussions in here related to the extended down times and knock it off with the personal insults.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • azazel#7628 azazel Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Does this mean the Kobyashi Mru event on pc will be extended to account for the downtime?