test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

do I really want to make another romulan toon?

jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
trying to decide if I really want to make another romulan toon. I just want to get the t6 ti'liss warbaird for my first romulan toon that I had for years also I just don't want to put up with all them reputation systems again
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• fallenkezef#4581 fallenkezef Member Posts: 644 Arc User
    Then just buy it for the boat
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    This ship would have been in a single character promo pack for $180 - $250 before now, so if you get it a $60 you can just ignore the level 65 token for now.

Whether or not it's worth $60 to you for just the ship with the Picard and TOS skins is up to you.
  • scorcher27ascorcher27a Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    I admit, the temptation is great. But I don't think I can maintain 3 characters in the game now that I keep losing more and more of my free time because of my job.
    Two wrongs don't make a right... but three rights make a left!
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    [Dev jedi mind trick] Yes, you want the ship. you MUST have the ship Buy the ship [/dev jedi mind trick]
    Spock.jpg

• hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    No. And I hate the Jem'Hadar character that came pre-leveled to 65. Leveling is the most enjoyable part of the game for me.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    I admit, the temptation is great. But I don't think I can maintain 3 characters in the game now that I keep losing more and more of my free time because of my job.

It might be a controversial statement but real-life is still more important than STO.
    hanover2 wrote: »
    No. And I hate the Jem'Hadar character that came pre-leveled to 65. Leveling is the most enjoyable part of the game for me.

Did the Jem'Hadar come pre-boosted to 65 or was it 60? Also, I agree the story-line missions are often good, a few could be considered stinkers, & some are great & very enjoyable. I do hate having to re-do a mission over & over etc. for 2 or 3+ items though lol.
    edited June 2020
    [... also, I agree the story-line missions are often good, a few could be considered stinkers, & some are great & very enjoyable. I do hate having to re-do a mission over & over etc. for 2 or 3+ items though lol.[/b]

I hate that part too.

Y'know, that might make a good dil sink.

Once a character has done a story episode once, they can pay x,000 dil per gear piece to get the rest of a set, including duplicate space weapons and ground pieces for your boffs.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    That's why they stopped creating Episodes with good equipment as Rewards that you had to run once for each piece. Much better to do a TFO 14 times to get one piece.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    ltminns wrote: »
    That's why they stopped creating Episodes with good equipment as Rewards that you had to run once for each piece. Much better to do a TFO 14 times to get one piece.

On the bright side it's 14 times and you have an account unlock, instead of needing to do it x times per character. You can even spend zen to buy out early if you want.

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User

Did the Jem'Hadar come pre-boosted to 65 or was it 60? Also, I agree the story-line missions are often good, a few could be considered stinkers, & some are great & very enjoyable. I do hate having to re-do a mission over & over etc. for 2 or 3+ items though lol.

They came boosted to 60.

I actually don't mind doing a mission three-four times to get a set I want.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    > @davefenestrator said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > On the bright side it's 14 times and you have an account unlock, instead of needing to do it x times per character. You can even spend zen to buy out early if you want.

True, if you have more than 14 Characters that will use that particular Item then it works out and you also get a Reclaim if you lose the Item or throw it away in a fit.

Also, no Sets. Each item is unto itself.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Do you want to make a romulan toon? No.

Do you want to make a romulan character? Yes :p

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Can a "character" (lol at above post) be named "Rinna Khev"?
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Can a "character" (lol at above post) be named "Rinna Khev"?
    Only if you want to copy the other players who already did that.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Hopefully they will eventually update the Rep Systems to being account-wide. They could offer something like a single project to activate each fully completed Rep or something like that. All of thee annoying point and click grinds need to be account-wide, like the Crafting System, Admirality, DOff'ing, and so on.
  • ulysses359#8595 ulysses359 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Hopefully they will eventually update the Rep Systems to being account-wide. They could offer something like a single project to activate each fully completed Rep or something like that. All of thee annoying point and click grinds need to be account-wide, like the Crafting System, Admirality, DOff'ing, and so on.

But the Rep. System is the last big source to get a lot of dilithium per chararcter, after the change on the admiral system. Some of my toons work only as a dilithium source via the rep system and have been deleted after finish the grind, to get replaced by a new one.

But the Rep. System is the last big source to get a lot of dilithium per chararcter, after the change on the admiral system. Some of my toons work only as a dilithium source via the rep system and have been deleted after finish the grind, to get replaced by a new one.

That sounds like another great reason to have it go account-wide. Dilithium having more worth is not a bad thing.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User

That sounds like another great reason to have it go account-wide. Dilithium having more worth is not a bad thing.

The problem is, the rep completion also gives you a bunch of stuff to actually afford some rep items. Rep stuff is also all char bound.

So if you have 10 chars right now, taking them through the rep system gets you the ~30k dil, 5 elite marks and 750 regular marks, each time you do it. That's enough for one item on each character until tier 6 discount. Each one also gets whatever dil and elite marks from the boxes which goes towards making life a bit easier in buying more than one item.

Now you change that and suddenly you only have one payout for all your characters, but still have 10 characters that may want a few items each. It punishes people with multiple characters that actually play and equip them for the few that farm up characters for dilithium payouts (and it still takes many months to refine all that dil.)
    Perhaps the rep system should reward character-bound reputation dil instead of regular dil.

Farmers lose the dil-flation source, people actually playing their characters get instant piles of usable dil for their gear since reputation dil is pre-refined.
    Perhaps the rep system should reward character-bound reputation dil instead of regular dil.

Farmers lose the dil-flation source, people actually playing their characters get instant piles of usable dil for their gear since reputation dil is pre-refined.

I think we have 13 reps and if they each give 30k rep dil instead, then you're looking at ~390k reputation dil for a new character that grinds out all the reps.

I don't know what they would spend that on, especially with the T6 discount. I think it would be hard to sensibly spend even half of that.

For old characters they would essentially get nothing after grinding out a new rep if the new gear doesn't work for their build, just the hope that a new reputation in N years will let them spend their rep dil on new gear some day.
  • foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    [... also, I agree the story-line missions are often good, a few could be considered stinkers, & some are great & very enjoyable. I do hate having to re-do a mission over & over etc. for 2 or 3+ items though lol.[/b]

I hate that part too.

Y'know, that might make a good dil sink.

Once a character has done a story episode once, they can pay x,000 dil per gear piece to get the rest of a set, including duplicate space weapons and ground pieces for your boffs.

I like your idea there. Cryptic seems to be a lot about installing dilithium sinks into STO lately & having the option to either rerun the mission or pay Dil to skip for the reward, after once completed, would be appease both decisions. Of course depending on the amount of the Dil sink I'd use it or not.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Rep already gives you an account wide speed up...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg

The problem is, the rep completion also gives you a bunch of stuff to actually afford some rep items. Rep stuff is also all char bound.

So if you have 10 chars right now, taking them through the rep system gets you the ~30k dil, 5 elite marks and 750 regular marks, each time you do it. That's enough for one item on each character until tier 6 discount. Each one also gets whatever dil and elite marks from the boxes which goes towards making life a bit easier in buying more than one item.

Now you change that and suddenly you only have one payout for all your characters, but still have 10 characters that may want a few items each. It punishes people with multiple characters that actually play and equip them for the few that farm up characters for dilithium payouts (and it still takes many months to refine all that dil.)

Yes, but what you waste to get to those points, can easily go into you getting the gear you want right away instead of sinking it into the same old point and click for 3 months for a reward that is way less than what you contribute into it.
  • hanover2hanover2 Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Are they giving us another character slot for this?
  • phoenixc#0738 phoenixc Member Posts: 5,459 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Another character slot? I did not see that among the other fluff stuff that comes with the ship. I sort of doubt they will give an extra slot to everyone just because they are offering a whale bundle, usually they only do it for things like new factions or sometimes for recruit events.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Another character slot? I did not see that among the other fluff stuff that comes with the ship. I sort of doubt they will give an extra slot to everyone just because they are offering a whale bundle, usually they only do it for things like new factions or sometimes for recruit events.

I *believe* that question was asked on last week's 10 forward and the answer was 'no' (no new slot).

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg

Yes, but what you waste to get to those points, can easily go into you getting the gear you want right away instead of sinking it into the same old point and click for 3 months for a reward that is way less than what you contribute into it.

What? I hate the stupid point and click adventure of filling sliders like anyone else, but that is a net gain in terms of dilithium. You won't get more dil by converting all those marks to dil. You'll also end up with less elite marks with no boxes to open.
This discussion has been closed.