test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Visit Utopia Planitia shipyards

jdadonjdadon Member Posts: 37 Arc User
I am sure Utopia planitia is still active somewhere on the tribble server. Can we make it available from E.S.D via shuttle? Or Starship? Have it so the exchange, bank and mail services are available. requisition new starships and customize them as well. Select current starship. Basically same thing you can do at E.S.D. Just a thought.

Comments

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    jdadon wrote: »
    I am sure Utopia planitia is still active somewhere on the tribble server. Can we make it available from E.S.D via shuttle? Or Starship? Have it so the exchange, bank and mail services are available. requisition new starships and customize them as well. Select current starship. Basically same thing you can do at E.S.D. Just a thought.

Ever since they added it for the first time. I have always thought that it is where Fed characters should have to go to get a newly granted ship requisition for the next tier. It is a really nice map that unfortunately has been hidden away for far too long.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yea I remember when they introduced the mission for Utopia Planitia, and also wish they'd not hide it so much!

I mean even with Picard series having had a major attack against Mars, one would clearly think that the Federation would likely rebuild it better than it was before...
    0zxlclk.png
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    strathkin wrote: »
    Yea I remember when they introduced the mission for Utopia Planitia, and also wish they'd not hide it so much!

I mean even with Picard series having had a major attack against Mars, one would clearly think that the Federation would likely rebuild it better than it was before...

Always thought it was a generic map. Nothing special. At least that is how i remember it from the Oddysee introduction.
    As i remember it that map was never up to modern standards and is it really a loss not to be able to visit it?

Besides, if i recall one of the new series correctly it is not going to around for long anyway.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    strathkin wrote: »

Always thought it was a generic map. Nothing special. At least that is how i remember it from the Oddysee introduction.
    As i remember it that map was never up to modern standards and is it really a loss not to be able to visit it?

Besides, if i recall one of the new series correctly it is not going to around for long anyway.

There are plenty of maps in the game that are way older than that map. Touching it up and even expending it would be nice, but I would settle for just having it back with a purpose.