test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[BUILD] Kelvin Timeline D4x Pilot Bird of Prey T6

winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
Greetings, Admirals!

Welcome to Winters Budget Builds Series.

This series is intended to be a guide on how to effectively, efficiently and more importantly, build Starships on a “budget”. This is not intended to be a “min max” series by any means. The builds you will see here will show you how to create an effective build on a budget. Each video will cover all aspects of the build, Weapons, Equipment, Consoles, Skill Tree, Traits, Boff Abilities, Doffs, Specializations, etc. For each video I will also have the build replicated on STO Academy so that players can view the builds in detail and review them when needed. You can find this link in the description when viewing on YouTube.

Near the end of each video I will also demonstrate the builds in a Patrol so that viewers can see the build in action. I have chosen this over “Infected: The Conduit - Advanced” as the outcome of that TFO can be affected by the team that you are with. Whereas playing a patrol, you can see how the build performs in a single player environment. Every player, new and veteran, will find this series a valuable source of information. You may even learn something new!

If you have any requests for a particular ship that you would like to see, please leave a comment stating the request and “if” I have the ship, I will endeavor to do a video for that ship.

Kelvin Timeline D4x Pilot Bird of Prey T6

Subscribe to channel: Winters Gaming
Twitter: @P1Winters83
Twitch Channel: Winters1983
Armada Website: www.priorityonearmada.com​​
Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
=/\= ========================================== =/\=
Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Already commented on the video.
    Bio-molecular Turret instead of KCB and Hydrodynamics Compensator for added accuracy instead of the leech.

On a fragile vessel such as a BoP you're aiming for short engagements and the energy negation/drain can easily be negated in favor of added firepower and accuracy through the turret and console.

Keep up the good work.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    Bio-molecular Turret instead of KCB and Hydrodynamics Compensator for added accuracy instead of the leech.

On a fragile vessel such as a BoP you're aiming for short engagements and the energy negation/drain can easily be negated in favor of added firepower and accuracy through the turret and console.

Keep up the good work.

These are great suggestions. As much as I enjoy your budget builds videos, I am continually puzzled by the constant use of the KCB in all your builds. The KCB is simply the worst aft weapon you can get.. using your one and only aft slot on such a terrible weapon is confusing.

Again, don't get me wrong.. the intent is not to criticize or say you're 'wrong,' I just really think you should re-consider your devotion to this terrible terrible weapon. The 2pc isn't bad, but it doesn't make up for putting such an anemic weapon in your only aft slot. :smiley:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Can a lockbox ship count as a "budget" build? pig-17.gif

Otherwise all is good. I'm just currently also very keen on getting a Kelvin ship for a themed build, but they are too expensive at the moment.​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    I can kind of understand where Winters is coming from. When i started everything was about power management and the Borg 2-piece was the ultimate in power management. Same thing for the leech.

This was the whole idea behind the Borg-2piece/Maco shield combination. While a bit dated, i still use this on some of my old ships. It just feels wrong to use anything else on those ships.

In today's game, far more than during season 5, it is all about reduction of cooldowns since with the newer gear (AMP warp core)and stuff like the RMC power is easier to obtain. This doesn't mean i can't still see people struggle with power management in PUG runs.

The KCB/borg console has a nice bonus and the KCB can be potent if the shields get taken down swiftly, but depending on your vessel there are better options. The synergy between raiders/BoP and the Borg two piece is simply not there.

Some old space sets can have surprising results when combined with modern T6 ships.
    E.g. this old gear: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Omega_Force_(Space)

While newer sets are somewhat better, that old set can wield some amazing results even today.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • winters83winters83 Member Posts: 486 Media Corps
    questerius wrote: »

Keep up the good work.

These are great suggestions. As much as I enjoy your budget builds videos, I am continually puzzled by the constant use of the KCB in all your builds. The KCB is simply the worst aft weapon you can get.. using your one and only aft slot on such a terrible weapon is confusing.

Again, don't get me wrong.. the intent is not to criticize or say you're 'wrong,' I just really think you should re-consider your devotion to this terrible terrible weapon. The 2pc isn't bad, but it doesn't make up for putting such an anemic weapon in your only aft slot. :smiley:

Hey @seaofsorrows,

First of all let me apologies for taking so long to get back to you on this. I have been so busy lately that this is honestly the first chance that I've had to reply to comments. We are currently celebrating our 7th Year Anniversary in the Priority One Armada and we always celebrate for the entire month, so I've had a lot going on.

Anyway, I freely admit that the KCB and Assimilated mod are favorites of mine for sure. Just like the Plasmonic Leech is a favorite of mine too. They will always appear or nearly always appear in most of my builds. There are a few reason why I like them so much. Part of it is because of power management, for sure. Part of it is because I generally don't run Torps on many of my builds and I think that it's good or handy to have something on a build that does some kinetic damage, especially for when you get that endeavor that want's you to do "x amount of kinetic damage". As I've said in most of my build videos, I generally complete that endeavor just through normal game play without ever having to try very hard.

As @questerius mentioned earlier, really the only other option that I can see would be the Bio-molecular Turret and the Hydrodynamics Compensator for the 2 piece set bonus of +6.5 or +7% Disruptor Damage or whatever it is. But going with that would have meant losing the extra Crt Chance and Crt Damage which I think is really nice. On top of that, I didn't think that this build really needed extra Acc or Turn Rate so I judged the extra CrtC+D to be of far better value and decided to run with my good old favorite KCB and Assimilated Mod. That was my thinking anyway. :smile:

-Winters
    Twitter: @P1Winters83 YouTube: WintersGaming
    Fleet Admiral Winters - Priority One Armada
    U.S.S. Wolverine - NCC 831216
    Armada Leader // Executive Producer // Host // Priority One Podcast