test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crystal Prism kit module?

aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
So as I've been running the Sompek queue thing because the event carrot-on-a-stick tells me to, I'm seeing that some people are doing stupidly huge amounts of damage to everything with this particular kit module. However, looking on STOWiki reveals that it's one of many LiMiTeD TiMe ReWaRdS and there doesn't seem to be any other way to get it (Phoenix Prize Pack, etc) at least not that I can tell. Is there some way to get this, or am I screwed?
Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
kNqxcCf.gif
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    For the moment it was only obtainable through an event.
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/Universal_Kit_Module_-_Crystal_Prism

That said, it may come to the phoenix box or mudd's scam shop in the future.

The module itself is nice with the not resisted psionic damage and place and forget feature, but career based kit modules are usually more potent.

If you want specific recommendations for your career let us know.

Edit: @westmetals is correct. It is in Mudd's scam shop.
    Even if you grab it with a massive discount it is questionable if it is worth the investment, but that's up to you.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    *enters the thread in expectation of another nerf scream*

Hi!

*leaves the thread with a restored faith in the player base*

B)
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I enjoy to use it but obviously it's situational - places like Sompek where you set up a fortress. Also it takes a bit of time to deploy and deploying them becomes your main activity.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    westmetals wrote: »

That? I think it's available via Mudd's. The wiki's been a bit slow on updates lately so may not reflect that yet.
    Yeah, that's the one. I was seriously hoping that, as a free player, it'd end up in the phoenix prize pack, but Mudd's is better than nothing. At least I'm not completely shut out from being able to get it, but yeah it definitely needs to go on a massive sale to even be considered as worth it.

Hi!

B)
    Ha! No, I'm not that kind of player (nerf it because I don't have it!) and I can see it as not always worth using.

Edit: Now in general (not to anyone in particular) is the science electrical pylon kit thingy (too lazy to look up the name, I think it's in the spam-you-with-consumable-junk reputation as a project) similar, and a suitable substitute?
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,316 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »

That? I think it's available via Mudd's. The wiki's been a bit slow on updates lately so may not reflect that yet.
    Yeah, that's the one. I was seriously hoping that, as a free player, it'd end up in the phoenix prize pack, but Mudd's is better than nothing. At least I'm not completely shut out from being able to get it, but yeah it definitely needs to go on a massive sale to even be considered as worth it.

Hi!

B)
    Ha! No, I'm not that kind of player (nerf it because I don't have it!) and I can see it as not always worth using.

Edit: Now in general (not to anyone in particular) is the science electrical pylon kit thingy (too lazy to look up the name, I think it's in the spam-you-with-consumable-junk reputation as a project) similar, and a suitable substitute?

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Science_Kit_Module_-_Integrated_Electrical_Field
    it is quite different.

Prism is akin a turret connecting to other turrets firing psionic energy. Unless i am mistaken the Borg do not adapt to this.

Integrated Electrical Field is more a created electrical hazard. It is far more situational. Lethal for spawn camping, but less useful in a mobile environment. Borg also adapt to electrical damage.

Speaking for myself, i rarely use it on my science characters since the use doesn't fit well with other modules or my play style.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
    oo i never tried paradox bomb. i'll give it a go.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I enjoy to use it but obviously it's situational - places like Sompek where you set up a fortress. Also it takes a bit of time to deploy and deploying them becomes your main activity.
    The "defend the consoles" room in Assault on Terok Nor is another good place to use them. Also around the crystals in the Pahvo ground TFO. Some parts of Miner also lend themselves. And they're good on Defera as the Borg never adapt to them.

Also - and this is a weird usage, true - each crystal counts as an ally for the calculated effect of Chroniton Jolt. This plus an engineer with a lot of kit performance and cooldown reduction, and you can spawn cover shields at a rate of 150% of normal.... which comes in handy in the off chance you want to push the shield gens at your colony. (90/hr rather than 60).
    Also the Borg and Frontier kit frames have powers that are triggered by using a lot of kit powers. Each crystal placed is a separate kit module activation.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    I did a Sompek today with 3 people using crystals. For those who don't know, everyone's crystals bind and work together. Less than a minute. Was a beautiful thing.

• feliseanfelisean Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    I did a Sompek today with 3 people using crystals. For those who don't know, everyone's crystals bind and work together. Less than a minute. Was a beautiful thing.

technically just your own bind together.
    => 5 connected => 4 buffs with +25% damage = a total of + 100% damage with all of them connected.
    but they are super awesome for a lot of queues, basically everything where you need to fight in one place for at least a short time, so basically all of the latest queues ;)
    its one of th easy and lazy mode ground kit modules

• chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I have it available under the Reclaim tab in the Dil Store. I would check there before paying for it. And yes, it's also available through Phoenix Box rewards, though I don't recall if it's Rare or Very Rare.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It should also be available in the Event Reclaim Store if you have it.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    oo i never tried paradox bomb. i'll give it a go.

paradox bomb pulls them in so Paradox bom and something with persistent damage = fun. PB and exothermic works very well on the borg groups for peer pressure. I almost never have to use the machine gun
    Spock.jpg

This discussion has been closed.