test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

✳️ "Boost any Romulan character straight to level 65" + Legendary ship ✳️

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    The ship is account-wide so the consoles that come with the ship should be good to go for any character that can claim the ship.

The Legendary T'liss missing the other T'liss ship variants' ship traits is hopefully just an accidental omission & not an intended pathetic decision by Cryptic.

It would be a strange decision to purposely offer the Fed Legendary (10) bundled ships having the previous variants ship traits included & this Rom Legendary (1) ship NOT including previous variant ship traits.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It has to be a Blog oversight as they don't even specify what this Ship's T5 Trait is.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    ltminns wrote: »
    What about the 'Built to Last' Trait and Corbomite Maneuver Console from that Promo Temporal T'Liss?

That and the Admiralty card are why I still want the promo but 1.4b EC is very steep. I wish they would sell them in Mudd's store.

On a personal note for a legendary set I think everything on the ship and gear should be gold with BO that have unique traits. The design choices for the pack really are underwhelming nonetheless I will it because it is Romulan.
    Post edited by aspartan1 on
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    12,000 zen for a single ship? Are they out of their damn minds?

yes.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User

yes.

It is currently on sale for half off or 6,000 ZEN. It is a Legendary ship, at least by class. It comes with a bunch of extra stuff as well. Whether or not it is worth the price, is solely up to you.

In these times though, we need to support the companies we want to see survive, because business has suffered globally. Maybe 6,000 ZEN seems like a lot, but if you enjoy this game and appreciate the work the Cryptic/PWE teams are doing to keep this gaming running as best they can from home. Then all of a sudden, at least in my opinion. 6,000 ZEN doesn't sound all that bad.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    One of the screenshots in this thread show what looks like a split T5 trait mastery unlock that implies it offers 2 traits. It clearly isn't the icon for one of the original traits for the variants. I see no reason to expect it wouldn't have all T5 traits just like the Legendary Odyssey and Sovereign.
  • iamjmphiamjmph Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    It is currently on sale for half off or 6,000 ZEN. It is a Legendary ship, at least by class. It comes with a bunch of extra stuff as well. Whether or not it is worth the price, is solely up to you.

In these times though, we need to support the companies we want to see survive, because business has suffered globally. Maybe 6,000 ZEN seems like a lot, but if you enjoy this game and appreciate the work the Cryptic/PWE teams are doing to keep this gaming running as best they can from home. Then all of a sudden, at least in my opinion. 6,000 ZEN doesn't sound all that bad.

The cash grabs started pre-covid-19, but $60(if you can buy during the sale) for 1 account unlock-ship and as far as I can tell a single character boost(unless you can reclaim the pack on new toons once purchased, i might have overlooked that if it was mentioned...) is either them being greedy, out of touch, uncaring, or purposefully done so they can later say "We tried new romulan stuff, Legendary ship even, and it just didn't sell, so it's back to new FED/Alliance stuff"...

As I am completely broke until July i'd have to pay $120 dollars for what little this pack provides....
  • damocles2209damocles2209 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »

yes.

Yeah, no, sorry. You can get almost any other Z-store ship in the game for 3,000, which is still honestly overpriced. This being a "Legendary" does not excuse its blatant overpricing. That 6,000 is the "sale" price is not a defense of this. As far as the extras, whoopdie-do. None of those are worth the total increase in cost they come with, period. Let's also not forget that the Legendary Fed pack came with 10 ships and extras for something on the order of 7k Zen more... 9 additional ships and your vaunted "extras". This pack is extremely poor value, no matter how you slice it.

And as a final note, that whole "support businesses you want to see survive" argument is so weak that it's absurd. Sure, you can support a company to help it through a tough time, but a company that seeks to milk its consumer base in increasingly even more egregious ways doesn't deserve support. We've been seeing lower and lower effort attempts to pillage from our wallets for years, now. If Cryptic need to resort to this sort of thing to survive, I say let 'em go under.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Been wondering about this pack since I read the announcement. For the right price, I would get it. But even if this pack were normally $60, this pack is extremely underwhelming and I couldn't see buying it at that price point. Now since they are having a half off deal for it, I would spend $30.

Unfortunately, the REGULAR price is $120 and the half off sale makes it $60. No thank you. The ship has my interest, the boost to 65 is something I would never even use. The inventory slots (bank, BOff, ship and others) are nice but nowhere near the value they place on them. The equipment for the ship and for the BOffs and captain are nice as well, but again, not worth the price. And 1 million EC? Really? Gosh, that is so generous, it's not like something that can be bought for roughly $1 can't be sold for about 5x that. :s

Added up, yeah, I personally would value this worth no more than $40. So yes, if the regular price was $60 and they put it on sale at even $40, I would maybe buy it. Maybe. But for $120/$60, not a chance.

Money grab, pure and simple. And I fully understand why. Understanding and supporting though are 2 different things. I will not be supporting this.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,576 Arc User
    edited June 2020

On the one hand, yes, it's a silly high price.

On the other hand, I'm constantly annoyed by people (in any game I've played, not just this one) taking a single thing out of a large bundle, reducing the bundle to just that, and then decrying the price based on that reduction. You may not care about the additional items (additional consoles, ship skins, etc), but they still exist, and they're still part of the price.
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    You know it was just a conspiracy theory, but now that they re-released the Legendary Pack at the same time people are going to have to choose between 6k for one ship or three times that much for 10 ships . . . I know which one makes more sense to me. This is looking more and more like another Bortasque play.
    sorry, but even one vs 10....most of the fed ships are not my style or setup, but one. so they will never get my money until they offer the ships on an individual option.

All well and good, but not my point. Just looking at the value of the pack. 1950Z per ship is SUCH a better deal than 6k for a ship and some baubles. We already know there’s a massive faction disparity in what they’re offering, but them offering both at the same time could be construed as that they expect one to fail, and we all know which one it is.
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    For me both fail. I have a very part time job that doesnt even give me the ability to pay for the Romulan ship never mind the pack of 10. For me all I care about in that pack is the ship and no ship is worth 6k in zen.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    It is not Legendary, but it is famous. No, better than that even, it is infamous!!! :)

https://youtu.be/GIGtHhAfe8w
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Okay...seriously people...you all have told Cryptic REPEATEDLY that you all want an account unlock, zen store option for these iconic T6 ships. They place them in the store for LESS than the expected price...in some cases WAY less and you all complain about the price now?!? You all know what this tells Cryptic? They they should NOT do this and just place EVERYTHING in gamble boxes like they have been doing and make more money. And everything somebody claims slippery slope doesn't exist, all I now have to do is point them to this forum. Jeez people.

That’s a very valid point you make here.

One that can easily be confirmed by everybody who hangs around in forums for as long as we do.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Okay...seriously people...you all have told Cryptic REPEATEDLY that you all want an account unlock, zen store option for these iconic T6 ships. They place them in the store for LESS than the expected price...in some cases WAY less and you all complain about the price now?!? You all know what this tells Cryptic? They they should NOT do this and just place EVERYTHING in gamble boxes like they have been doing and make more money. And everything somebody claims slippery slope doesn't exist, all I now have to do is point them to this forum. Jeez people.

no...i see people asking for individual sales of ships. many people dont need the bundle, even if the price becomes 1950 per ship based on the above post. i wont use nor need all those ships.
    while i may understand your point, as it is 6k now vs 12k, many have expressed, even you, about the dismay of something within the bundle.
    so if we go by your standards for this post, then by all rights, you should be purchasing this bundle as well, no?

Cryptic wants to secure a certain amount of income. One that cannot be covered if peeps only “buy” the stuff they want to have exclusively. That’s why they introduced gambling as means of acquisition first and now do it with packs which include stuff you don’t need and would never get otherwise.

Its the price to pay now and lower than via gambling but not as low as being allowed to get stuff individualy. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User

no...i see people asking for individual sales of ships. many people dont need the bundle, even if the price becomes 1950 per ship based on the above post. i wont use nor need all those ships.
    while i may understand your point, as it is 6k now vs 12k, many have expressed, even you, about the dismay of something within the bundle.
    so if we go by your standards for this post, then by all rights, you should be purchasing this bundle as well, no?

Cryptic wants to secure a certain amount of income. One that cannot be covered if peeps only “buy” the stuff they want to have exclusively. That’s why they introduced gambling as means of acquisition first and now do it with packs which include stuff you don’t need and would never get otherwise.

Its the price to pay now and lower than via gambling but not as low as being allowed to get stuff individualy. :)

Well, i just need something more.. something to press the trigger.. i used to pay this for a 3 ship bundle.. but has been so long for those..
    The forces of darkness are upon us!

Absolutely true. It’s cheaper, account wide, and more accessible than lockbox ships, yet there is still a great deal of negativity surrounding it. My only concern Is the concurrent release jeopardizing the success of the new pack, a concern that I feel is warranted.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited June 2020

Absolutely true. It’s cheaper, account wide, and more accessible than lockbox ships, yet there is still a great deal of negativity surrounding it. My only concern Is the concurrent release jeopardizing the success of the new pack, a concern that I feel is warranted.

The primary reason there is so much negativity is because of the words:

Exclusive
    Legendary

Not considering the technical dimensions and flaws but just those words alone are giving the pack a highly negative spin. Now if it had a unique BO or some box skill for Rommie toons only and if the ship were better than the Temporal version those words would have valid meaning but they dont to most people that really understand the dynamics of what people are being asked to buy.

For example, case in point $1m EC? That is a joke and has been since the F2P conversion! Maybe 100m or 1B would would be far more legendary to people. Just sayin'...

With that said I will be getting it because it is Rommie and I will support all things Rommie but it is a bitter pill so to speak.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
    Yes. It’s absolutely a bitter pill. And unfortunately I expect something like this for the KDF Legendary pack as well, except maybe 18k because it might have two ships. I wholeheartedly support non-Fed content and will also be picking this up for that reason.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Me gonna get this, since this will be the only way I can get a T'Liss, one of my favorites of TOS.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • wazzagiowwazzagiow Member Posts: 769 Arc User
    aspartan1 wrote: »

The primary reason there is so much negativity is because of the words:

Exclusive
    Legendary

Not considering the technical dimensions and flaws but just those words alone are giving the pack a highly negative spin. Now if it had a unique BO or some box skill for Rommie toons only and if the ship were better than the Temporal version those words would have valid meaning but they dont to most people that really understand the dynamics of what people are being asked to buy.

For example, case in point $1m EC? That is a joke and has been since the F2P conversion! Maybe 100m or 1B would would be far more legendary to people. Just sayin'...

With that said I will be getting it because it is Rommie and I will support all things Rommie but it is a bitter pill so to speak.

Like yourself i've bought almost everything romulan in the game. However i'm not tempted in the slightest by this. I've been hoping for a more fleshed out Legendary bundle to become available. Which would obviously include most notably the iconic D'deridex and even the valdore etc.

To me the instant level 65 aspect of the bundle is pointless as it's a fairly easy game to play and grind. if they had maybe added more parts to alien gen for suliban for example or unlocked them as a playable species for the romulan faction that could tempt me make another character.

or even a one off unlock of all playbale specices in game for the faction. for example you could choose a playable cardassian for the romulan republic as a legendary character slot perk. just an idea.

• smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    Me gonna get this, since this will be the only way I can get a T'Liss, one of my favorites of TOS.

It is a pretty good deal actually. And the Picard version looks really nice to me. Still not getting it...but it's damn that ship looks nice.

When I get mine, I'll park next to you to check it out, if you like. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    One romulan ship? Great deal? Sure great deal for Cryptic. Hard pass. I'll save my zen for one of those 9 pilot ship bundles when it's on sale.

You know when they said never before seen item ever in STO. I didn't think they would claim that 65+ booster token was it. I sure hope the legendary Klingon bundle isn't as pathetic as this deal is.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
This discussion has been closed.