test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

✳️ "Boost any Romulan character straight to level 65" + Legendary ship ✳️

Comments

• foppotee#4552 foppotee Member Posts: 1,704 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    If this new trait proc does not trigger a cooldown on THY, then I am getting this bundle hands down. My plasma torp Reman will love it.
    If the new trait does trigger a cooldown on THY, then it is worthless, making the bundle worthless.

So far I don't think this bundle is worth it especially for a trait but excellent point about whether that starship mechanic cools-down the regular high-yield 3 or not! I don't know all the items included yet but it doesn't look promising to me so probably not going to buy.

I watch that 10FW live-stream & at some point that Jeremy insinuates that if enough players buy this they'll consider future Legendary bundles. So we as consumers are in a hostage negotiation with that Jeremy lol.

That is what I was afraid of Cryptic doing after the Fed Legendary bundle. Cryptic will offer more a la carte boutique bundles offering less content for more cost. Not as much quantity for sure as the Fed bundle but since starving for a particular product Cryptic will deliver lesser quality/quantity & charge more for it. Then even if/when it sells well since Cryptic won't show sales they can fall-back on not doing anymore Romulan Legendary bundles or any future KDF Legendary bundle regardless.

It made sense about what that Jeremy or Thomas said about not doing a KDF Legendary, yet???, since this Year of the Klingon isn't complete yet.

I found it laughable again that they were hyping-up the boost to level 65 as a big deal. They've offered boosts to level 60 tokens before anyways so despite their claim there's a lot to do "under the hood" it isn't a big deal & seems more like fluff & it wasn't sounding like from their chatter that the items will be Epic Mk XVs neither.

I did like Kael's wink around the 40 min mark lol hopefully many players that didn't get the opportunity or skipped it will have another chance of some sort.

STO has NEVER offered any kind of boost straight to level 60+ before. What you might be thinking of is XP boosts, which are not the same thing.

What this boost will do is set the romulan character to level 65, no matter what level they are, so in theory, you could set it on any leveled character and just get the items.

My mistake, I had to check my brother's account since he had never used his & I had used mine long ago. It was only level 50 to 60.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Promotional_Skill_Point_Bundle_-_Boost_to_Level_60#:~:text=The Promotional Skill Point Bundle,roll over into Specialization XP.

I still don't see a lot of value in a 1 to 65 level boost since pretty easy to level-up but to each their own. Nor am I finding the
    Doesn't do anything for me the T'Liss I'd say the D'Deridex is far more iconic and worthy of a legendary release than the T'Liss.

I agree when I think Romulan ships that is the first ship, D'deridex, I think of followed by the Scimitar, then the T'liss
    garaffe wrote: »
    If this new trait proc does not trigger a cooldown on THY, then I am getting this bundle hands down. My plasma torp Reman will love it.
    If the new trait does trigger a cooldown on THY, then it is worthless, making the bundle worthless.

So far I don't think this bundle is worth it especially for a trait but excellent point about whether that starship mechanic cools-down the regular high-yield 3 or not! I don't know all the items included yet but it doesn't look promising to me so probably not going to buy.

I watch that 10FW live-stream & at some point that Jeremy insinuates that if enough players buy this they'll consider future Legendary bundles. So we as consumers are in a hostage negotiation with that Jeremy lol.

That is what I was afraid of Cryptic doing after the Fed Legendary bundle. Cryptic will offer more a la carte boutique bundles offering less content for more cost. Not as much quantity for sure as the Fed bundle but since starving for a particular product Cryptic will deliver lesser quality/quantity & charge more for it. Then even if/when it sells well since Cryptic won't show sales they can fall-back on not doing anymore Romulan Legendary bundles or any future KDF Legendary bundle regardless.

It made sense about what that Jeremy or Thomas said about not doing a KDF Legendary, yet???, since this Year of the Klingon isn't complete yet.

I found it laughable again that they were hyping-up the boost to level 65 as a big deal. They've offered boosts to level 60 tokens before anyways so despite their claim there's a lot to do "under the hood" it isn't a big deal & seems more like fluff & it wasn't sounding like from their chatter that the items will be Epic Mk XVs neither.

I did like Kael's wink around the 40 min mark lol hopefully many players that didn't get the opportunity or skipped it will have another chance of some sort.

STO has NEVER offered any kind of boost straight to level 60+ before. What you might be thinking of is XP boosts, which are not the same thing.

What this boost will do is set the romulan character to level 65, no matter what level they are, so in theory, you could set it on any leveled character and just get the items.

My mistake, I had to check my brother's account since he had never used his token & I had used mine so long ago I had forgotten the details of it. It was only a level 50 to 60 boost.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Promotional_Skill_Point_Bundle_-_Boost_to_Level_60#:~:text=The Promotional Skill Point Bundle,roll over into Specialization XP.

I still don't see a lot of value in a 1 to 65 level boost since pretty easy to level-up but to each their own.

I'm also finding the, today's, details being released about all the included items/services included for this Legendary Romulan Captain's Bundle sadly mediocre quality of items, nothing top notch, & very lacking but again to each their own.

• giliongilion Member Posts: 686 Arc User
    $120?!? That's insane! They're obviously only expecting people to buy it while it's on sale, but what sense does that make? This pack is for players who don't play too often, or are new and wan't to skip the grind, and obviously the whales that need EVERYTHING. The last group is going to buy it immediately, but money can still be made from the first two. But what are the chances that those people are going to actually be online during the sale and actually know about it? This pack should be MAX $60 all the time to match similar lvl boosts in other games.
  • bampa179#4467 bampa179 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So sad to see that after 10 successful years STO must stoop to selling rank to make a buck.
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    I already have a max level Romulan (and don't need another) and bought the LoR pack way back when; so $60 ($120!) for a single ship isn't a bargain to me. And Cryptic why give Purple Mk 14 stuff? Just make it Mk 15 or at least make it UR Mk 14. And I bet the Boffs aren't all SROs. Calling it Legendary but you're just that one step away from actually making it legendary.

If a newer player just happened to love Romulans and the T'liss then its a good deal. (Been playing with my T'liss recently cause shooting that massive plasma ball is just fun to do.) But really not much to excite existing/old players with this offering.
  • schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    Does the T'liss have more knock-off copy variants (all sold seperately) than the Constitution class cruiser at this point?

When the Year of the Klingon finally starts, some time in November, I have a real safe feeling guessing that their Legendary ship will be just another B'rel Bird of Prey.

What happened to this game?
  • shadowmane20001shadowmane20001 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    Yeeeeah

60 dollars for one ship and one character boost? And the ship is effectively a 30 dollar ship? + 30 dollars for one char to level 60? Nope.

Sorry I think I am fine with never owning this ship. If you threw in a legendary D'Deridex at 60 it would be worth it. But at 12k once the sale expires.... No... no thank you. If I have to choose between THIs and a KDF bundle I would go KDF IF... IF I choose to spend 60 at all.

I hope Cryptic will read these, post pone this pack and improve it with a couple more ships.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    I'll get it. Always love a T'Liss. :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > (Quote)
    > Where exactly did you get the idea that YotK isn't started until November when Cryptic has clearly shown its already in progress.

Nothing for YOK has actually been released though, has it? I'm guessing their internal view of when it starts will be when it's content begins going live.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    Nothing for YOK has actually been released though, has it? I'm guessing their internal view of when it starts will be when it's content begins going live.
    Cryptic has previously stated the J'Ula plot is going to end at or around the anniversary. So it wouldn't even be close to a year if it only comes out in November. Year of the Klingon = a year of Klingon content, and they had obviously started working on said content before it was announced in late April. So, by the time the Anniversary comes out next February it would have been about a year's worth of Klingon content made.

Now Covid has certainly slowed things down a bit, so it will probably continue past the Anniversary now, but still. The next release should have come out last month, going by the track record Cryptic has been following for awhile now. So we are 1 month behind right now. So projected end date for YotK is March 2020.

I mean, we have already seen that they have revamped
    • Hairs
    • Faces
    • Skin tints
    • Uniforms
    • NPCs like J'mpok, and Kagran
    • Ships like the B'rel and K't'inga
    • The ship bridge, and interior(at least in missions)
    • Maps like Khitomer, Qo'Nos, and Rura Penthe
    • The tutorial
    And we know many of these new textures for maps are getting applied to older maps, even if those older maps aren't going to be seeing any other changes. That most of what I would expect them to be updating right there.

What if they bump the time in the game forward a year during that time? :P I don't believe anyone said it would be an actual year.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Cryptic has previously stated the J'Ula plot is going to end at or around the anniversary.

Yeah, IDK about all that. But I refer back to my previous question: Has any of their YOK actually gone live yet? I'm asking because I don't know.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    Sorry, I have rarely chimed in in recent years, and feel a need for this one...

A singular romulan ship that as clearly as shown here, isn't that high in regards for a legendary make over....and a 65 boost that isn't worth spit to most players as well....this is a horrible bargain on all levels...Now then if it were to be this>

Legendary Pilot T'liss, Legendary Miracle Worker D'Deridex, Legendary Intel Mogai… at least 3 ships, considering we received how many for fed at 200$ if you bought in the introductory pricing...

I would think, these 3 ships above, and the level 65 character, for 100 even, would have seen multiple people say, "shut up and take my money."

(note I do not mention the scimitar since it is a reman designed ship, which we romulans still don't have a "flagship" like the oddy and bortas btw...both of those are able to be obtained via fleet stores, granted not best versions but still)
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    The conspiracy theorist in me says that they intentionally are making it so expensive that most people won’t buy it, thus giving them a “reason” to not make any more non-Fed Legendary Ships.
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    > @ishigami2 said:
    > More importantly: That uniform the Romulan is wearing in the picture. Is it in the game? Will we get that uniform?

> @smokebailey said:
    > I'll get it. Always love a T'Liss. :)

Thank you for getting it. Now there's atleast 1 sale LOL
  • redwren89redwren89 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    > @revanindustries said:
    > The conspiracy theorist in me says that they intentionally are making it so expensive that most people won’t buy it, thus giving them a “reason” to not make any more non-Fed Legendary Ships.

I too suspect a 'romulan plot'. They purposefully, intentionally, maliciously left out the D'deridex to wither and die so they can perhaps make more money on Picard Romulan ships.

I would have snapped up this bundle without hesitation if it came with a more iconic ship.

Seriously, not having a legendary D'deridex is like leaving the Galaxy class out of the mix. Pure, seemingly intentional stupidity.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    "Just one ship" is true, but it does include the TOS T'Liss skin from the promo pack ship. For a TOS fan that raises the value. For less ancient Trek fans the Picard skin would also be a lock box or promo ship without this.

If they fix the blog to include the missing T5 traits that also adds value for those who don't already own the Malem. We do get its console for sure.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    What about the 'Built to Last' Trait and Corbomite Maneuver Console from that Promo Temporal T'Liss?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    I'd be more tempted to buy the bundle if it turned that big red ball plasma torpedo back in to plasma damage instead of kenetic damage. That said, it would be paying money to undo the nerf they did a while ago which I doubt will happen. Still it'd tempt me more.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    So sad. I knew that the "over 70 items" were mostly going to be useless, but I had hoped that we would get some nice unique bridge officers with good space traits. It seems it will just be 6 generic romulans or remans (they didn't bother to specify species and traits). So very sad that this is the best they could come up with for us Republic players. I am so close to giving up on this game.

I should be able to grind out enough dil and convert to zen to buy this by the time it comes out on console (assuming we will also get an initial offer sale). So I might get it. If I were to buy it, it would only be to support the release a new romulan content. I fear that because this "bundle" is so terribly overpriced at $60 and very underwhelming, not many people will buy it, causing the devs to be even less likely to release new romulan content in the future.

• revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    All this being said, I’ll still probably get it and make a new character to appease the metrics so we will get Klingon Legendary Ships and hopefully in the future a Legendary D’deridex.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    The consoles... Are those consoles just claimable on characters that can claim the ship or can the consoles be claimed on characters without claiming the ship as well?
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    "For less ancient Trek fans the Picard skin would also be a lock box or promo ship without this.

*face palm*

DgzGcGb.jpg
    Us TOS fans don't all have brittle hips, eat dinner at 3 pm, and use an aluminum walker to go watch Wheel of Fortune, you know. :/

dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Hey, so when's Jube?
    This immense bundle will be available for the price of 12,000 Zen, with a special introductory offer of 50% OFF until Jube 15th! This offer will release on the following dates:

PC: June 18th, 2020
    Xbox One and PlayStation 4: July 16th, 2020

Before Guly, and after Maib
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    After taking a look at the pack and whats in it and the limitations on some of the items that appear to be only a character unlock, the pack is an easy item to PASS UP!
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2020
    jcsww wrote: »
    The consoles... Are those consoles just claimable on characters that can claim the ship or can the consoles be claimed on characters without claiming the ship as well?

As far as I saw the Ship & the Consoles are claimable by all Characters, so I think you got to decide what you keep, bank, or possibly reclaim.

· Account-Wide access to the Legendary Light Intel Warbird.

At least as advertised in the BLOG today...
    https://arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/11456853-the-legendary-romulan-captain-bundle
    0zxlclk.png
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    What about the 'Built to Last' Trait and Corbomite Maneuver Console from that Promo Temporal T'Liss?

It has the console.. but the trait not, AFAIK. I like the ship, really, but 6000 is a 3 ship bundle, and at 12000, well, a little more gets me the legendary bundle... i do want them to release ships not in the promo boxes.. ohh... it's difficult and i dont have a lot of money...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • damocles2209damocles2209 Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    12,000 zen for a single ship? Are they out of their damn minds?
This discussion has been closed.