test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulans Getting Legendary Ship

13»

Comments

• revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    The trait is good for my torpedo bomber builds, might give it a try. Now let’s hope it sells well enough for the metrics to justify more Legendary ships for factions that aren’t the almighty Federation.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    The trait is good for my torpedo bomber builds, might give it a try. Now let’s hope it sells well enough for the metrics to justify more Legendary ships for factions that aren’t the almighty Federation.

I will get the pack to support all things Rommie and I will do a unique torp build for it because well it a sci/intel ship not my favorite by a long shot but hey I can see it all things considered.

Regarding the logic of the devs, I want to do more for my Rommie but cant so I used to do other things. Nonetheless I stopped playing my Feddies and Klings because I know they will see my time on those those as proof I am really interested in them but not at all just me trying to support the game and community.

I decided to use the image as my desktop. Looking forward to the offering!
    zmiYVBv.jpg
    Post edited by aspartan1 on
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Fun thing from the stream (paraphrasing)

CrypticCat: "So they all tell us they want this and that for that faction, and we do all the work, and yet they still always roll up new Fed characters. We do all this work and they don't actually use it!"
    AmbassadorKael (very ambassadorial): "Remember, that the people that say that they want this or that are not necessarily the same that roll up the Fed characters!"
    Jeremy: "But remember, we're constantly watching you. We know what you're doing! We're watching!"
    CrypticCat: "Yeah, we're watching you from the ceiling!"

I got a good laught with that too... and also i'm sad, because they are right.. :lol:

I always found it odd that more people don't make Romulans..

There is literally no downside and a ton of upside. It's true that the advantages aren't as much as they used to be since a 'pure fed' can use Romulan Ships now, but the Fed Rom still gets access to those nice SRO's and Infiltrators, gets that sweet discount on DPRM and a few other consoles, etc. You lose nothing making a Fed Rom over a pure Fed and you gain a few pretty nice benefits. The only reason to go pure fed is if you really just like the aesthetic, but even that is small since you can put your Fed Rom in Federation Uniform and fly a Fed ship.

Same on the KDF side, you still get all the KDF stuff.. can still do marauding and fly the cool looking KDF ships.. but you get SRO's on top of it all.

Oh, plus.. you're way cooler because you're a Romulan. :smiley:

For me, Romulan just seems like the best choice all around, but apparently the bulk of the player base feels differently for some reason.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    garaffe wrote: »
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    I can easily see that for the eng captain but for the tac and sci players, there should be others option. Then we can build to our prefere style within the hull layout.

I agree, I think there should be more than one option for a Rom Legendary. The problem is, all the iconic Romulan ships are tactical oriented in this game, except for the D'deridex. Thus, there is no real "Legendary" option for a sci ship.

Moot point because it appears we are only getting one Legendary ship. It is only fair that Feds get TEN and roms get one that is probably just going to be a re-skin of one of the Fed legendaries.

One of the complaints about the Starfleet Legendary ship pack (i.e. Hero Ships from TV and movies) was that the ships couldn't be bought separately, so therefore it had such a large price.

This time around they seem to be going for individual ships with some extras thrown in. This is probably the way they are going for both the Romulans and Klingons.

Someone mentioned that the Klingon Bird-of-Prey was given a update, so most likely that ship will be the next ship to get the Legendary treatment.
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    I really hope that the KDF get their much deserved legendary ships, pack or individually. And I also hope that we Roms get some more later on, but preferably just the ships without the extra fluff they use as an excuse the inflate the price.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I wonder when the month of Jube is?
    This immense bundle will be available for the price of 12,000 Zen, with a special introductory offer of 50% OFF until Jube 15th! This offer will release on the following dates:

PC: June 18th, 2020
    Xbox One and PlayStation 4: July 16th, 2020
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,455 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I wonder when the month of Jube is?
    This immense bundle will be available for the price of 12,000 Zen, with a special introductory offer of 50% OFF until Jube 15th! This offer will release on the following dates:

PC: June 18th, 2020
    Xbox One and PlayStation 4: July 16th, 2020

Probably a typo due to the proximity of the 'b' and 'n' keys on a QWERTY keyboard. Not as crazy as other typos I have seen.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Fun thing from the stream (paraphrasing)

CrypticCat: "So they all tell us they want this and that for that faction, and we do all the work, and yet they still always roll up new Fed characters. We do all this work and they don't actually use it!"
    AmbassadorKael (very ambassadorial): "Remember, that the people that say that they want this or that are not necessarily the same that roll up the Fed characters!"
    Jeremy: "But remember, we're constantly watching you. We know what you're doing! We're watching!"
    CrypticCat: "Yeah, we're watching you from the ceiling!"

I got a good laught with that too... and also i'm sad, because they are right.. :lol:

I always found it odd that more people don't make Romulans..
    I think the problem is that most of us sto "social media" users are power users of some sorts. We own multiple ships, we grind stuff like crazy, we try to enter every nook and crannie the game has to offer and evaluate its usefulness.
    But we're far from the "average".

For most people, if they really are going to play the game, they want to experience the "real" Star Trek feel first, and that's Starfleet. It might even need to be a human, because that's what is most easily identified with.
    And if they are going to spend money on the game, chances are it's to create some specific Star Trek canon related fantasy and so they'll buy some canon Federation ship before they buy something "weird". It takes a bit more obsession to be willing to buy a Bortasque or Ha'pax, which isn't even Starfleet, which isn't even canon.

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Regarding the idea of Klingon Legendary ships ... They haven't plans for that yet (in the sense of "it's already on the schedule for X", they have some ideas).

They think it makes only sense if the Klingon revamp is released, because they don't want players to get excited about playing a Klingon and then seeing only the old content. The Romulan revamp already happened, so they basically had the perfect combination - revamped content, people asking for legendary stuff for other factions, and a new model to take over from Picard.
    Oh, and of course, they will wait and see how well the Romulan bundle is accepted (aka how much it's purchased), and how much people play the revamped content, Romulan or Klingon (so you don't just have to vote with your wallet yet, but you will need to vote with your time).
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Regarding the idea of Klingon Legendary ships ... They haven't plans for that yet (in the sense of "it's already on the schedule for X", they have some ideas).

They think it makes only sense if the Klingon revamp is released, because they don't want players to get excited about playing a Klingon and then seeing only the old content. The Romulan revamp already happened, so they basically had the perfect combination - revamped content, people asking for legendary stuff for other factions, and a new model to take over from Picard.
    Oh, and of course, they will wait and see how well the Romulan bundle is accepted (aka how much it's purchased), and how much people play the revamped content, Romulan or Klingon (so you don't just have to vote with your wallet yet, but you will need to vote with your time).

Good point on the content.

I hadn't realized, but this would be the first time you can easily play the post-tutorial Romulan episodes while already at level 65. I wonder how much that changes the feel of the episodes?

I'm still torn on getting this since I already have 4 Romulan characters (three Romulan, one Liberated Borg) and I already own the Malem and most of the other Rom ships.

• ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    It says usable by All Factions.

So they tell you what the T6 Trait is but what about the T5 Traits Withering Barrage and Built to Last and one for this Ship?

Corbomite Maneuver Console? If this is Legendary, why isn't the T'Liss Temporal Light Warbird stuff included? It is called a T'Liss afterall.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    ltminns wrote: »
    It says usable by All Factions.
    Corbomite Maneuver Console? If this is Legendary, why isn't the T'Liss Temporal Light Warbird stuff included? It is called a T'Liss afterall.

The Ominous Device that gives the Corbomite Maneuver was shown as one of the included consoles, but nothing was said about the trait.

It is really sad that the "Republic exclusive" content they touted is only the worthless instant-level-65 boost. There is really nothing "Republic exclusing about this.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    Yeah, that is the Temporal T'Liss Console. Given the Console it looks like there might be three T5 Traits after all. Just another poor Blog.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
This discussion has been closed.