What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Romulans Getting Legendary Ship

Comments

• furyofthefugafuryofthefuga Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    > @sirsitsalot said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > Don't forget... Romulans fly for the Klingon Empire too...

While true, they also fly for Feds, plus non-Romulan characters (by the sounds of it) can’t fly it, so that leaves out the rest of the KDF faction. :)
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    All Factions can already fly the T'Liss and T:Varo, et. al. Klingons have their own D7s, Feds can't fly them. Romulans would get their own version of the D7.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I'm an extremely hardcore Rommie fan and have always back up my position with big money when necessary in STO.

With that said, as some of you may know, my goto ship is the Jug with my special rommie loadout for it. As much as I love the Jug it always hurts my heart I love the ship so much because there is nothing like it in the Rommie offerings.

I believe the Mogai should be a legendary class box or even special promo ship and it should be the default goto ship for Rommies like me not some Vaad ship.

With that said I have every rommie ship in game except the T'liss because the cost is stupidly high. The last time I checked it was around 3B EC!!!

Accordingly, I want to use real money to buy every TRIBBLE in game. I'm sick of the greed factor and the RNG garbage.

On a side note, since I have been forced to use Steam since some policy change with PayPal I have hardly spent anything in months on STO sadly. I did however reallocate over $800 from my STO budget on Steam to other tiles since I can not get the charge bonuses on Steam and no one in Cryptic seem interested in responding to my messages and posts but I digress...
    Post edited by aspartan1 on
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    garaffe wrote: »
    im just gonna play the bad guy for a sec...

1. i hope its bundled with stuff people already have, i hope its 65k in zen.
    2. if single, i hope its 25k zen and only has a bridge. no corridors or other rooms.

Why?

1. i hope its bundled with stuff people already have, i hope its 65k in zen.
    2. if single, i hope its 25k zen and only has a bridge. no corridors or other rooms.

Any reason? or you just being a TRIBBLE and hoping people can't get what they want? Cause that's what it sounds like.

Ridiculously stupid post.

it was a joke. i guess my later portion of the post didnt get your attention then?
    yall need to just relax already. damn.

here - let me repost that part for you...

now for the good stuff...

1. im a fan of OS ST as it is, so this is a nice thing.
    2. glad to see some older ships are getting the t6 treatments they have long deserved.
    3. hopefully this means more older ships in play currently will get the t6 treatment as well.

peace out.

Um.. ok. The 2nd part just seems irrelevant and in no way indicated you were joking. If it did.. I guess I just didn't get it so um.. never mind, nothing to see here. :lol:

giphy.gif
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • foxrockssocksfoxrockssocks Member Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I hope it isn't a T'liss. The Malem makes a great torpedo ship, but I've never really liked the design. Also the ship got its face kicked in by the La Sirena supposedly in part due to how old it was.

It would be better than nothing, but this isn't the ship I'd want.
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    D7

Please no. I certainly hope not.

umm it's the number one requested Rom ship, and one 2 canon ships that played significant parts
    and have not shown up in game yet
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    As far as i am concerned this is the only legendary Romulan vessel:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/D'deridex_Warbird_Battlecruiser
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Yeah, definitely looks like the T'Liss and some sort of Pistol in the Video.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    A new ship from the latest show is already considered 'legendary' lmfao.

Well... it IS of the same class as the very first Romulan ship we saw in Star Trek. And the fact they did the old BoP like they did the Connie in Discovery... she's a beauty. Still recognizable as the class TOS BoP, but modernized with more detail that makes her look great.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • garaffegaraffe Member Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    D7

umm it's the number one requested Rom ship, and one 2 canon ships that played significant parts

Not my cup of tea. I see a D7 and I think Klingon, not Romulan. I know it was also a Romulan ship, but it doesn't look Romulan.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    D7

Not my cup of tea. I see a D7 and I think Klingon, not Romulan. I know it was also a Romulan ship, but it doesn't look Romulan.
    That's why you paint bird decals
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    As far as i am concerned this is the only legendary Romulan vessel:
    https://sto.gamepedia.com/D'deridex_Warbird_Battlecruiser

I can easily see that for the eng captain but for the tac and sci players, there should be others option. Then we can build to our prefere style within the hull layout.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
    aspartan1 wrote: »
    I can easily see that for the eng captain but for the tac and sci players, there should be others option. Then we can build to our prefere style within the hull layout.

I agree, I think there should be more than one option for a Rom Legendary. The problem is, all the iconic Romulan ships are tactical oriented in this game, except for the D'deridex. Thus, there is no real "Legendary" option for a sci ship.

Moot point because it appears we are only getting one Legendary ship. It is only fair that Feds get TEN and roms get one that is probably just going to be a re-skin of one of the Fed legendaries.
    edited June 2020
    Moot point because it appears we are only getting one Legendary ship. It is only fair that Feds get TEN and roms get one that is probably just going to be a re-skin of one of the Fed legendaries.

I think you forget that Star Trek has always been from the point of view of the Federation. So naturally all the shows represented by the Legendary Ships are Fed. By comparison, how many CANON ship designs have we seen from the Romulans?
    • T'Liss
    • D'Deridex
    • Scout Ship
    • Science Ship
    • Mogai
    • T'Varo

I don't count the D7 "Stormbird" as that is shared with Klingons, or the Scimitar as that was a Reman design. The Drone Ship was... well... a Drone and I don't know how they'd be able to work that into a playable ship.

Honestly the only ships that COULD be considered for any kind of Legendary status is the T'Liss (As the very first Romulan ship we'd see) and the D'Deridex.

Klingons would get more because they were showcased a bit more. Ships like the D7 (Probably include the Disco D7 and Qo'nos 1 variants), the B'Rel, Vor'cha, and Negh'Var would probably make a Legendary list.

But at the end of the day... Fed would have more because there were so many more hero ships, which the Legendary bundle represents. The majority of them being ships that bore the name Enterprise.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • revanindustriesrevanindustries Member Posts: 508 Arc User
    edited June 2020

Don’t worry, you get used to it after a while. Like it or not Fed is the majority of the player base so of course they’ll get the most ships. The great part is that we are at least GETTING Legendary ships for the other factions. That was in many ways unexpected.
    I am just saying, why not a Legendary D'deridex, Legendary T'Liss, Legendary Mogai, and Legendary Scimitar? I include the Scimitar because it is the flagship design of the Romulan Republic. Afterall, the Republic is not just Romulans, but also Remans and others.

Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining about getting a legendary ship for the Republic. Like I said in my first post on this thread, I am happy for any new Rom content.

I certainly hope that the KDF will be getting a good selection of Legendary ships soon. In fact, I am confident they will, and I am confident they will receive a lot more than just one. After all, there are more KDF fans playing this game than there are Roms. I am actually very surprised that Cryptic announced Legendary Rom ship before releasing any of the new KDF content they have promised.
    I am actually very surprised that Cryptic announced Legendary Rom ship before releasing any of the new KDF content they have promised.

Its probably because the Romulans were showcased more recently due to Picard, and we even saw an updated T'Liss BoP.
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    I am just saying, why not a Legendary D'deridex, Legendary T'Liss, Legendary Mogai, and Legendary Scimitar? I include the Scimitar because it is the flagship design of the Romulan Republic. Afterall, the Republic is not just Romulans, but also Remans and others.

Simple: every "Legendary" ship they release has some NEW variant that comes with it, and they haven't made those NEW variants yet. They have been spending their ship time working on (other stuff).

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • jagdtier44jagdtier44 Member Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited June 2020
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    aspartan1 wrote: »

I agree, I think there should be more than one option for a Rom Legendary. The problem is, all the iconic Romulan ships are tactical oriented in this game, except for the D'deridex. Thus, there is no real "Legendary" option for a sci ship.

Yes we get only one legendary ship...while the KDF is getting NONE. So...yeah...

Expect the Klingon ships to be coming, we've seen the B'rel reskin already.. this is the year of Klingon afterall. I look at this as the "well its been a hot minute since we did our one Rommie ship for the year, time to put out another so the hardcore ones will tell the whiners we haven't forgotten about them"
    So much for the "Year of the Klingon", eh ;)

I just want to point out that while I know DSC ships aren't exactly popular or everyone cup of tea the Klingons have been getting releases through all the Discovery stuff.. Romulans got 1 single solitary release in the Khlohr and that was what july 2019?. Let us have this single release before the blast of revamped KDF ships comes out and we wait another year for another single ship release.

• captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I forget if it was from a Rodenberry Podcast or it was from a Ten Foward Weekly, there was mention of revamping Romulan tutorial that there was going to be a new T6 available afterwards. Could this be the one of which they spoke of?

I think so.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    So much for the "Year of the Klingon", eh ;)

I don't see it that way, cause I always anticipated some earlier Klingon & Romulan content to be revamped, if not the same time, at least in close proximity. I'd love two see a Legendary Ship though for Romulans & even the Klingons in time. Though it would be nice to see a close replica made available via a Epic Phoenix token, if it could be also flown by Non Romulan Faction characters... ...but if they did that it may have different specialty and Bridge Station assignments as well.
    0zxlclk.png
  • thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    Here is an album of pics from the stream that was posted on reddit:

https://imgur.com/a/sUuWZQS

Here are a few highlighs:

k8rNYJ5.jpg

AC2luXl.jpg

INTkgzu.jpg

SRNQNxm.jpg

gH3x5L1.jpg

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    ChR Bloodwing. *nods in satisfaction*
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Fun thing from the stream (paraphrasing)

CrypticCat: "So they all tell us they want this and that for that faction, and we do all the work, and yet they still always roll up new Fed characters. We do all this work and they don't actually use it!"
    AmbassadorKael (very ambassadorial): "Remember, that the people that say that they want this or that are not necessarily the same that roll up the Fed characters!"
    Jeremy: "But remember, we're constantly watching you. We know what you're doing! We're watching!"
    CrypticCat: "Yeah, we're watching you from the ceiling!"
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Fun thing from the stream (paraphrasing)

CrypticCat: "So they all tell us they want this and that for that faction, and we do all the work, and yet they still always roll up new Fed characters. We do all this work and they don't actually use it!"
    AmbassadorKael (very ambassadorial): "Remember, that the people that say that they want this or that are not necessarily the same that roll up the Fed characters!"
    Jeremy: "But remember, we're constantly watching you. We know what you're doing! We're watching!"
    CrypticCat: "Yeah, we're watching you from the ceiling!"

I got a good laught with that too... and also i'm sad, because they are right.. :lol:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRxEh2-17nJFY02NiPzzkYq7KfqV1SOwt3LdueNFx1LxjfWRNH-&usqp=CAU

Also... they all have cats!
This discussion has been closed.